• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I suppose if it is the case its actually really clever from Wilf's agent. Find out what it'll take, 60m and a player(s) with a rough 70-80m value. Leak the most likely club that would bid that to the press. Arsenal now know exactly what's needed to push a deal.

Pinch of salt but Darren says we'll spend another 80m on two players. £60M on Wilf, £20M on Tierney. Anyone?

It does seem to be a leak from either Palace or Zaha's camp. Palace are either getting desperate or Zaha's agent has started the mind games with Parish.

The bolded part, am I the only one who read that Kaveh tweet as £60m total package? It does seem to say 60m which includes a player, not 60m plus a player.

Not that it matters much anyway, Kaveh could be chatting **** as usual.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Talk about not following hey, sheesh.
LOL. I was actually being tongue in cheek as well. If the main man squeaks in at 10 goals, how much is he really worth, and how much has he grown? He scored 9 in 29 appearances in the year before and 10 in 34 in the last campaign. Not what I’d expect from a purported 50-80 million player who is 26 year old. Exciting to watch, sure, but...

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I can't find the article I read earlier about Zaha & Arsenal but I'm pretty sure I read an article a few hours ago that Zaha is trying to put in a transfer request towards CP to sign with us. Hopefully that is right.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
@kofigunner yes, for bloody palace he's bagging those numbers. You do realize they score a lot less than us right.. Zaha wil surely go up a notch with quality around him..

So we need to get some quality to be around him:rofl:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How is Palace to Everton a sideways step? One is a traditional English giant club.

Palace are battling relegation while Everton have top 6 aspirations. It’s a step up.

Yeah not sideways but like you say it's his last big contract, you want to go somewhere that has a chance at CL. Everton currently are some way off that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah not sideways but like you say it's his last big contract, you want to go somewhere that has a chance at CL. Everton currently are some way off that.
And also financially.

Right now Zaha would already be Everton's highest paid player. I'm thinking with a 60M move he's demanding at least 180k per week. That's 60kpw more than their highest earner, it's not feasible for Everton.

If Wilf comes here or Chelsea next year he's looking at 180k per week minimum and that's before we look at the impact on his brand. You don't want to waste your last big contract on Everton when you're good enough to be at a top six club.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
How is Palace to Everton a sideways step? One is a traditional English giant club.

Palace are battling relegation while Everton have top 6 aspirations. It’s a step up.

It's not sideways but Zaha wants to play CL and showcase his skills at a top club. It'll take another 10 years and a lot of investment to get Everton there in the best case scenario.

By then he's playing in Ivory Coast league 3.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's not sideways but Zaha wants to play CL and showcase his skills at a top club. It'll take another 10 years and a lot of investment to get Everton there in the best case scenario.

By then he's playing in Ivory Coast league 3.
If no Champions League club steps up for him then he’ll have a choice to make.

Have Arsenal even made another bid since the 40M bid?

Iceman10

Established Member
Biding your time is not a good strategy IMO as whilst Zaha’s agent will feel the heat of deadline day and a deal (and commission) slipping away, the opposite will apply to Parish. The closer the deadline gets, the stronger his case to Zaha to stay put for another year becomes. And the more opportunity Chelsea has to nip in and sabotage your pitch.

Our strategy obviously has had a valuation of the player in mind and a valuation limit we were not going to go beyond, and is not set on getting Zaha at all costs. We've always had alternatives, i.e. Soares, and maybe even Pepe.

Palace's strategy though remains as not putting their foot down on a player under a long-term contract. If this goes down to deadline day and he moves to another club that would be something allowed by Palace's owners, and frankly if I were a Palace fan I would be protesting what they are doing in leaving the door open for a Zaha exit. Such an approach with *no time to buy replacements* would put the club at risk of being in a relegation dogfight.

I know one could say rumours are more agent-led than club-led, but it would be very easy for Palace's owners to issue a statement saying Zaha is under long-term contract and that he is going nowhere.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Our strategy obviously has had a valuation of the player in mind and a valuation limit we were not going to go beyond, and is not set on getting Zaha at all costs. We've always had alternatives, i.e. Soares, and maybe even Pepe.

Palace's strategy though remains as not putting their foot down on a player under a long-term contract. If this goes down to deadline day and he moves to another club that would be something allowed by Palace's owners, and frankly if I were a Palace fan I would be protesting what they are doing in leaving the door open for a Zaha exit. Such an approach with *no time to buy replacements* would put the club at risk of being in a relegation dogfight.

I know one could say rumours are more agent-led than club-led, but it would be very easy for Palace's owners to issue a statement saying Zaha is under long-term contract and that he is going nowhere.

Parish won't let this go down to deadline day. I am surprised he has not already set a limit - perhaps he has already done so behind the scenes and Raul is concentrating elsewhere hoping to close plan B before he lets you the fans know?

Parish is not mates with Kaveh or any of the other leeches and clickbait merchants.

This Palace fan has complete confidence in Parish. If it all goes pear-shaped and he takes a cash bid on deadline-day so be it. But I really can't see this coming.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Parish won't let this go down to deadline day. I am surprised he has not already set a limit - perhaps he has already done so behind the scenes and Raul is concentrating elsewhere hoping to close plan B before he lets you the fans know?

Parish is not mates with Kaveh or any of the other leeches and clickbait merchants.

This Palace fan has complete confidence in Parish. If it all goes pear-shaped and he takes a cash bid on deadline-day so be it. But I really can't see this coming.

Think you are already safe. Won't come here, unless Everton is seriously in contention and he's desparate for a new step.

This is off for us

Iceman10

Established Member

Thanks for the insight into Palace fan mindset. Full trust in Parish is quite a different dynamic from what is going on at Arsenal, but obviously earned from saving the club to moving them solidly into PL, and now looking to handover the club after putting it on firm footing.

Whatever happens, just hope Palace fans aren't too unhappy with any perceived unsettling of the player by us. I'm not sure how much it was done by us, or whether it has mostly been driven by the player and his agent.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Thanks for the insight into Palace fan mindset. Full trust in Parish is quite a different dynamic from what is going on at Arsenal, but obviously earned from saving the club to moving them solidly into PL, and now looking to handover the club after putting it on firm footing.

Whatever happens, just hope Palace fans aren't too unhappy with any perceived unsettling of the player by us. I'm not sure how much it was done by us, or whether it has mostly been driven by the player and his agent.

My fervent hope is that once the dust has settled and hopefully Wilf is getting Selhurst Park and our new singing section up on their feet in a few weeks time, his anger at what might have been is directed where it belongs - namely with Raul and his "lets' screw the little club" mentality.
Something the game could well do without IMO.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
My fervent hope is that once the dust has settled and hopefully Wilf is getting Selhurst Park and our new singing section up on their feet in a few weeks time, his anger at what might have been is directed where it belongs - namely with Raul and his "lets' screw the little club" mentality.

I'd actually say the "little clubs" of the world are trying to royally screw the big clubs because they know they have money.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wonder if Zaha actually believes he's worth £80 million. Surely he must realise that what Palace want for him is OTT.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Spare me the sanctimony.

Iceman10

Established Member

You are probably right on Raul, going on his history, but based on certain things this week I'm not 100% sure this has been all him. There is an alternative here that the player and agent were looking for a move and put out the wish to move to Arsenal to drum up overall interest. Just don't know, but I'm sure we'll find out some more of what really has happened behind the scenes in the future.

On all of this, I've mainly been reading between the lines. It was obvious 3-4 weeks back that we had two or three players we were going after for an attacking addition. Back then I said that Soares at 40m was an interesting weigh up (pros/cons) vs. Zaha at 60m. If those numbers changed then that would change the equation. My attitude has been to let the club (Arsenal) get on with it, as long as they don't screw up to the point that we don't get any of the options in our shortlist.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

Raul is trying to outsmart the market, something you wouldnt understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom