Wilfried Zaha

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevi, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

That's rarely how things work....... plenty of players look a lot better in a small pond than in a big one. See Lukaku going from 25 goals in Everton to 16 goals in Utd, Higuain going from 36 goals in Napoli to 24 in Juve........... plenty of players look worse with quality around him. Simply because the team is no longer built around him and he actually has to do donkey work for his teammates.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  2. parishioner

parishioner Croydon's GDeep

@Hleb's Sirush
    You come across as a fair-minded and pretty well-informed poster - albeit one who was sucked into a Deeney-style rotational filing spat last night which almost got me subbed off for fear of being red-carded:).

So I am happy to accept your assessment that Palace are not a defenceless maiden and reckon we have a pretty savvy chairman in Parish. Nevertheless, the stakes are high, and relegation a possibility, therefore Raul’s games, if he is still interested in Zaha, are pretty hard for Palace fans to stomach. The idea that he unsettles a handful of players, lowballs their clubs and then waits to see which will go and fight his battles for him, is pretty distasteful and to my mind shows a lack of respect for the players and other clubs concerned.

Just my opinion as I know others, including many Palace fans, relish the use of the dark arts.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  3. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

My fervent hope is we offer Palace £33 and a bottle of tramps piss for Zaha because I'd see that as overpaying for this absolute nothing player. Nobody else is ever giving palace more than £30m for him, and he's worth half of that imo. What has he ever done for you or any Palace fan to think he's worth £80m, even in todays silly market?

4. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

Shut up.

zilfy likes this.
  5. Jury

Ok mug.

6. HairSprayGooners

Sigurdsson went for 50m, this lad is worth 60m.

7. parishioner

Bless you my son. Your penance is to watch endless reruns of Arsenal vs Palace last season and to recite 100 times ..." I Mustafi find a decent defender soon..."

8. parishioner

Off to Evensong.

9. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

I agree with this and I feel for you as loosing a great player, especially for small teams, is always painful too watch as you don't even know when there's gonna be the next time a player of similar class might show up and the least thing you expect is to get a fair share out of it when he leaves.

The power of agents in the market has also gotten out of order. People like Raiola and Mendez have had an impact on the market as nobody could have imagined. Agents know their place now and the power they hold in the market. Players become puppets to serve nothing but the purpose of the agent to find a maximum profit for themselves.

Actually would really like to know about Zaha's agent and what role he's playing here. There are only a few genuine ones that really care for their player foremost before cash.

Raul knows the market and he knows what it has become. His believe in contacts to succeed and his willingness to go the long way, dirty tricks included, has probably been a part of why we have chosen him.

Wenger was probably a centerpiece of me becoming a fan in the first place, admiring the values he hold on to. He pretty much proved success isn't exclusive to class and playing fair.

However, the latest years and us becoming a laughing stock pretty much througout the world has me enjoying this short time now, feels like fighting back.

It is hard to admit that, but even though I've become a fan in parts due to us being class off the field as well, it feels good to be on the winning side of things again and nowadays, it seems, you've gotta get your hands dirty for it when some others are already crawlinf through the mud.

10. Jury

What sort of logic is this? Besides, Gilfy is proven quality and proven to be as good as his price. What has Wilf ever done?

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  11. Jury

You forgot to tell me what Zaha has ever done to warrant Palace's ridiculous valuation of the player. Go for it. 'Big clubs bullying little clubs'. GTFO.

12. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

He is obviously not worth what they value him, but he's got the x-factor and currently we have no one in the squad who truly does. It's a desperate situation from our side.

13. HairSprayGooners

:lol::lol::lol:

14. Jury

X-factor? When has ever ever shown it on the pitch? What's his best season to to date? How old is he?

15. Jury

Ok, you've just disappeared forever.

16. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Can you stop triggering me please?

17. Jury

I know you're fan, and I wouldnt want to rustle you on this balmy Friday evening, but **** me, he's being valued the same as Leroy ****ing Sane. Something has to give!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  18. Ripe Banana

Ripe Banana Active Member

Zaha isnt worth 80mil, not even close

North5 likes this.
  19. Jury

He'd offer something, but we'd be paying about £50m above what he's worth. I'm not one to worry about our finances if the club think a player is worth it, but there's a reason why we're never going to £80m for him.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  20. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

It’s the X factor though, he doesn’t translate to stats or on the scoresheet, the guy’s just a great footballer.

Good story as well, good London boy on the comeback trail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.