• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We are not blowing most of our budget on a winger. As I said the only way this happens is if we have 200m to spend. Now considering Arteta has been saying how reliant we are on Europe it's unlikely.

Jakarta

Let's do this.

Zaha 3000 dribbles completed, 2 goals and 3 assists incoming. :drool:

Lol man.

Seriously tho I love Zaha. He was off it this season mainly due to his heart and mind not wanting to be at Palace.

But forreal I love the way he instills fear in opposing fullbacks. When he is fired up and on his game there is no fb in the prem that can handle him.

As much as I would love his signing I don’t think it’s realistic. As others have said, it was a choice between him and Pepe last season. Pepe may not have set the world alight, but I can understand why the club opted for him. He seems like a player with potentially high productivity.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Zaha does win quite a few penalities

His best seasons are 15 and 16 G/A contributions

He gets dispossessed way more than Pepe I hope people are ready for that if he were to come. Loses the ball twice as much

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

He gets dispossessed way more than Pepe I hope people are ready for that if he were to come. Loses the ball twice as much
That's because he constantly gets doubled and tripled teamed in a Crystal Palace squad where he's clearly the best player. Pepe gets dispossessed by one defender.

Zaha would go up another level or two if he were in our squad playing with better players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

He also tries to actually beat a player which is bigger risk bigger reward. Zaha one on one tries to beat the man on his own to continue the play. More often than not it doesnt work but when it does it's usually a goal/assist or a penalty won.

Pepe run to the man not trying to go beyond him but beat him or cut back and make a square pass or lay in back to the full back.

The only area in the pitch where Pepe is a threat is around the edge of the box. Anywhere else on the pitch and he is useless.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He also tries to actually beat a player which is bigger risk bigger reward. Zaha one on one tries to beat the man on his own to continue the play. More often than not it doesnt work but when it does it's usually a goal/assist or a penalty won.

Pepe run to the man not trying to go beyond him but beat him or cut back and make a square pass or lay in back to the full back.

The only area in the pitch where Pepe is a threat is around the edge of the box. Anywhere else on the pitch and he is useless.

And yet, Pepe has more goals and assists, 10x the through balls, twice the crosses, created twice as many big chances in 2/3 of the minutes played in his first season

I'm not anti Zaha and I think Pepe needs to and will improve but who's to say Zaha hasn't lost his motivation now and this is as good as you get?

al-Ustaadh

Yeah I've seen a lot of people say this. Could do
Just to be clear... I don't expect Zaha to be a goalscorer if he came here. I would expect assists and chance creations from him. That's what we're in more need of at the moment, especially from the wing and in midfield.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
And yet, Pepe has more goals and assists, 10x the through balls, twice the crosses, created twice as many big chances in 2/3 of the minutes played in his first season

I'm not anti Zaha and I think Pepe needs to and will improve but who's to say Zaha hasn't lost his motivation now and this is as good as you get?

Hes playing at Palace. What a few matches and you will see why.

Zaha is more dangerous than Pepe. That is from what I watch. Pepe always looks like hes going to miss control the ball. His style of football is weird. He never tries to beat a player for pace.

Just a weird looking footballer. Would love him to do well but just unsure.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We are not blowing most of our budget on a winger. As I said the only way this happens is if we have 200m to spend. Now considering Arteta has been saying how reliant we are on Europe it's unlikely.

We will sign him if Laca goes. Zaha would only be 40m tops.

al-Ustaadh

Pepe gets double and triple teamed in an Arsenal team where he’s clearly the only threat with the ball at his feet.

What’s your point?
I disagree. I don’t see him being defended in the same way that Zaha does.

And I still view Zaha as the better EPL player, especially in one-v-one situations.

Last edited:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Pepe gets double and triple teamed in an Arsenal team where he’s clearly the only threat with the ball at his feet.

What’s your point?
A lot of people overlook this and seem to expect Pepe to take on and beat both players. Bellerin doesn't overlap or even make a run on the inside to draw the other player. He waits and Pepe eventually has to pass the ball back to him majority of the times. If we can get that overlap then Pepe could do much better and if we have Zaha on the left with Tierney overlapping we will be very dangerous.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I disagree. I don’t see him being defended in the same way that Zaha does.

And I still view Zaha as the better EPL player, especially in one-v-one situations.
Zaha is probably the best one on one dribbler in the league, up there with the best of them in the world.

But Put him in Pepe’s position with a wide forward coming in off the opposite wing and a fullback that doesn’t overlap and he wouldn’t be that much better.

Palace actually try their best to isolate Zaha against his fullback with PVA bombing forward to take the spare man (part of the reason why PVA is regularly in the defenders top scorers list) and he still doesn’t produce due to the defensive attention he gets.

Arsenal come up against even more deep blocks than Palace do and Pepe doesn’t even have the luxury of an overlapping fullback like Zaha does.

al-Ustaadh

Zaha is probably the best one on one dribbler in the league, up there with the best of them in the world.

But Put him in Pepe’s position with a wide forward coming in off the opposite wing and a fullback that doesn’t overlap and he wouldn’t be that much better.

Palace actually try their best to isolate Zaha against his fullback with PVA bombing forward to take the spare man (part of the reason why PVA is regularly in the defenders top scorers list) and he still doesn’t produce due to the defensive attention he gets.

Arsenal come up against even more deep blocks than Palace do and Pepe doesn’t even have the luxury of an overlapping fullback like Zaha does.
But Zaha would have the overlapping fullback in our system. It's clear we've favored the left side of our attack since Arteta has taken over.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

But Zaha would have the overlapping fullback in our system. It's clear we've favored the left side of our attack since Arteta has taken over.
Well yes, but I think we need to give up on Auba playing CF. It’s not happening.

Our breakout performer is a LW and despite that we never saw Saka like up on the left wing with Auba down the middle. Don’t think Arteta wants him anywhere near there and I see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom