• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think Auba playing on the flanks is because Arteta likes huge attacking threats to come from the half spaces like Pep does.

In theory though Aguero isn’t a workhorse up front and Zaha would let Pepe and Aubameyang play further up.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Palace seem desperate to cash in now, leaked to the press that they want £40-50m compared to double that last year. Hodgson has openly said he wants to go and their fans want him to leave judging by their forum.

Can see us being offered him, should offer them £30m and a tour of Colney.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Palace seem desperate to cash in now, leaked to the press that they want £40-50m compared to double that last year. Hodgson has openly said he wants to go and their fans want him to leave judging by their forum.

Can see us being offered him, should offer them £30m and a tour of Colney.

That club's due a relegation I reckon.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah I agree, they've become stale, like Bournemouth were basically due a relegation. If they lose Zaha then they've got nothing going for them and although he's a decent coach they've become very boring under Woy.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A cut price Zaha deal is so tempting. Love the player but we just don’t need him ahead of a CB and a CM.

I dream of an Arsenal side that could have Zaha, Pepe, Auba and Laca competing for three positions but that’s a few seasons anyway surely.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Is Zaha good playing with the back at the goal? Zaha CF? Or Pepe CF? I think that's more probable than Auba CF in Arteta system.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Is Zaha good playing with the back at the goal? Zaha CF? Or Pepe CF? I think that's more probable than Auba CF in Arteta system.
Zaha could offer non traditional hold up play. Kind of like when Hazard was a one man attack for Chelsea.

United kind of do it with Martial as well. If you’re an elite dribbler then you can use that and your first touch to hold up the ball rather than physical strength. It could work.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Zaha would be a waste of a signing if the intention was to play him at CF. Pepe would be more suited, but doesn't press well.

I think both Zaha, Pepe and Auba could easily play in the same team and effectively. Can not see this transfer happening though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I contributed to Crystal Palace by buying a candy-bar with the Palace crest on it in the official club store when I was at Selhurst Park back in February, they owe us basically.

I’ve been to three of their games at the dump that is Selhurst Park this year with my father in law.

Even bought a programme and a burger at one. Where’s the Rex money Parish??

Yeah agree. Oldest squad in the league with the oldest manager. Haven’t bought anyone last few years and still relying on Milivojevic penalties as a major source of goals.

Rumoured to be after lots of lower division players like Watkins, Eze and Tucker which they desperately need but wouldn’t be surprised to see them plummet. Banter ran club.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure there’s a club out there for him if we’re going for Willian. Can’t see the top teams paying big money in this market for a squad player. He doesn’t start for Liverpool/City/United/Chelsea.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
A front 3 of Zaha, Aubameyang and Pepe looks very tasty on paper. Zaha also plays for Ivory Coast so the relationship with Pepe is already there. He's an Arsenal supporter and would relish playing for the club he supports. Looking at his numbers though Willian has trumped him this season. He only has 4 goals and 5 assists across 37 appearances. That's a pretty poor return. Mind you he isn't playing like he wants to be there so I can understand the poor form.

jolieber

A front 3 of Zaha, Aubameyang and Pepe looks very tasty on paper. Zaha also plays for Ivory Coast so the relationship with Pepe is already there. He's an Arsenal supporter and would relish playing for the club he supports. Looking at his numbers though Willian has trumped him this season. He only has 4 goals and 5 assists across 37 appearances. That's a pretty poor return. Mind you he isn't playing like he wants to be there so I can understand the poor form.
And Willian plays for a much better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom