• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
100% we aren’t finishing top 4 next, losing a bunch of key options to the African Nations being one of many reasons.

Im the only one, on here anyway, talking about this.

No way can we add Zaha.

GunnerShy

We are broke. Spending good money on a 29 year old would probably see Tim Lewis sacking Edu, Arteta, Garlick, Vinai and himself.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He missed his chance to step up to a bigger club twice already. Too old now to be given any high wages. He should have forced a move when we were in for him.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Depends on how you look at the situation I suppose.

Zaha being 28 doesn't particularly concern me, he should be in his prime years for the next 3-4 years.

Does he push us closer to top 4 standard? You'd think so.

If we're shifting out Willian or Pepe in the summer I think it's a decent move. Wages should be fairly easy to free up if we're determined to make the move happen. Probably should have already happened a couple of years ago in fairness.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Depends on how you look at the situation I suppose.

Zaha being 28 doesn't particularly concern me, he should be in his prime years for the next 3-4 years.

Does he push us closer to top 4 standard? You'd think so.

If we're shifting out Willian or Pepe in the summer I think it's a decent move. Wages should be fairly easy to free up if we're determined to make the move happen. Probably should have already happened a couple of years ago in fairness.

Huge risk for a lot of money, too risky for us considering our recent transfer failures. Forgetting about the age, can you trust a guy who failed at a big club and since then has been playing in a very particular system for a smaller club. How can you trust him to adapt at this stage of his career.

Plus he'd be expensive, plus he's 28 and wingers can drop off very quick, plus he's going to afcon next year. Too many cons.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
There's an argument though that we do need a LW. If Lacazette is sold you have to decide whether to buy a CF or go with Auba/Martinelli/Balogun as CFs and buy a winger instead. I think the club would buy a CF, but there's a reasonable argument that a quality LW would be more beneficial. I just don't think it's Zaha.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
On the other hand having a choice of Pepe or Zaha, choosing the wrong one, then choosing the right one two years later when it's now the wrong one would absolutely be the most Arsenal thing ever so in that sense it sounds like a logical deal

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arsenal can’t afford 40M plus signings without European football.

No way will we spend on a 29 year old Zaha who a few months later is going to the African nations.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Struggling to see the upside of spending £40-50M on Zaha when he’ll be 29 next season.
He'd instantly make our attack more of a threat. We'd probably get 20m for Nketiah, so a 20m outlay of Zaha really doesn't offend me.

Him being 29 is probably good as we have enough youngsters for the long term.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Premier League proven? I can't think of one better option for that price.

Is Saint-Maximim any good? I've seen him go through what seems to be a few purple patches every now and then but dont know how consistent he is.

Obviously Newcastle suck and I cant imagine Ashley turns down money.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Is Saint-Maximim any good? I've seen him go through what seems to be a few purple patches every now and then but dont know how consistent he is.

Obviously Newcastle suck and I cant imagine Ashley turns down money.
Seems really hot and cold. He's got ability, but is so inconsistent.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He'll definitely leave Palace this summer though, he has to, not just from his perspective but from Palace's. They have so many players out of contract this summer, like half the squad plus Hodgson, it's ridiculous. They need to sell him just to fund a rebuild.

i don't think it'll be us but someone could come in with an offer of around 40m and they'd probably take it just cos they've been hit by covid and they have to start over with a new squad.

Iceman10

Established Member
If he leaves Palace he probably will end up somewhere like Everton, or West Ham especially if they get CL football next season. He’s a good footballer on good wages, so he’s hardly a loser in life, but he’s just been a bit unlucky when it has come to breaking through into a big name club, some could say due to his choices but reading about his time at United that was just a club setup thing at the time with poor support to help him settle there that I don’t think he could have anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom