• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If any club has hard cash, it's Arsenal. According to Swiss Ramble's evaluation of Arsenal's finances, the club made a £70 million pre-tax profit last season -- the third highest of any club in the Premier League era (or ever). Arsenal is the only club to make a profit every season since 2002. They've made a £393 million profit in the intervening years, averaging about £25 million per year.

The club's ability to spend will also be boosted by the lucrative new sponsorship deals that will kick in this summer. And, of course, if Arsenal can manage to squeeze back into the Champions League, that will make even more money available. Arsenal may not spend it, but they have the hard cash.
Not to mention a lot of the wages they'll be dumping.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
If any club has hard cash, it's Arsenal. According to Swiss Ramble's evaluation of Arsenal's finances, the club made a £70 million pre-tax profit last season -- the third highest of any club in the Premier League era (or ever). Arsenal is the only club to make a profit every season since 2002. They've made a £393 million profit in the intervening years, averaging about £25 million per year.

The club's ability to spend will also be boosted by the lucrative new sponsorship deals that will kick in this summer. And, of course, if Arsenal can manage to squeeze back into the Champions League, that will make even more money available. Arsenal may not spend it, but they have the hard cash.
Lol.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

You really think Arsenal doesn't have money? You believe the poverty stories and think Arsenal can't spend because they don't have it? Well good. At least I know I'll never see you yelling "spend some money!," right? No complaining from you. :rolleyes:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
You really think Arsenal doesn't have money? You believe the poverty stories and think Arsenal can't spend because they don't have it? Well good. At least I know I'll never see you yelling "spend some money!," right? No complaining from you. :rolleyes:
Me wanting arsenal to spend doesnt have anything to do with them having money though.

We are spending money? Do you believe we have 400mil laying around?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Me wanting arsenal to spend doesnt have anything to do with them having money though.

V7y5ZbC.gif

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

We are spending money? Do you believe we have 400mil laying around?

You obviously didn't actually read to the end of what I wrote in the original post. Try it sometime. ;) Also, you might try to understand the difference between the will to spend money and having "cash laying around," which is what I was responding to.

And, by the way, the Arsenal profits I listed come from the club's official financial records. Again, whether or not they're going to spend a certain amount of money is a separate issue from actually having money. Arsenal has a bundle of money because they've been the most profitable club in England over the past 16 seasons.

Being out of the Champions League has reduced this somewhat, but here's an article from 2016 (when Arsenal had £200 million in the bank) pointing out that they had more in the bank than Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich combined. (Nobody has £400 million laying around, but then that's just a ridiculous figure you just pulled out of your butt which was neither claimed nor mentioned.).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-more-cash-bank-barcelona-8968436

Last edited:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Reckon he'd be decent for Pep with the way he uses wingers. He'd induce some discipline into him.

I'm afraid he'd be too much of a turnover machine for us, much like Alexis but without the end product.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'm afraid he'd be too much of a turnover machine for us, much like Alexis but without the end product.
Think this opinion is blown out of proportion. I've watched a few Crystal Palace games and I think people get that perception of Zaha because he's the only threat Palace has and so opposing defenses can just focus on him by throwing three players at him every time he gets the ball, which he subsequently loses. You surround him with better players, and like Fraser, you'll see another level of player. Where I do think Zaha will come up short is his finishing and shooting.

Wilshero

If we have 100 M to spend. Yes.

If we have 70 M to spend. Maybe.

If we have 40 M to spend. No.
We are getting cash injections from multiple sponsorship renewals, plus shifting a lot of wages from our bill. There is absolutely no way we'll have 40 M budget ffs. Would be surprised if we didnt spend 100 M net tbf.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
would people take him at that price?

Hell, I just read the article and all they're doing is quoting the Sun. Nothing here to see. Both xenophobic fish wrappers played up the angle of Arsenal building a "British core" this summer. **** a British core. Just bring me a couple of good defenders with maybe a midfielder and winger. And if they're all Muslims from France or North Africa just to irritate the Daily Mail and the Sun, all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom