• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
We'd be doing very good business if we were able to swap Welbeck for Zaha as cover on the flanks.

Atleast when bringing Zaha on late in games there'd be a chance his ability on the ball could lead to a goal. Welbeck isnt starting quality and he is one of the worst to bring off the bench when needing a goal.

For 50m you're having a laugh, but I wouldnt be against it. We have nobody in the forward line or at fullback that can really dribble.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Type of signing that we need to be making imo. A talented youngster, with a few gears to go up in him.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Would be a great bench and rotational option. Not starting material, though. Would rather have him than say Walcott.

BobP

Memri Fan
He suits Palace and the way they play.

He's the sort of guy you'd want to have on your team on FIFA 09.

Not sure how he'd cope at Arsenal.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
First choice addition for me. Ticks pretty much every box.

Good production, skillful, great physique, confident in his own ability, experience of the league, home grown & a ****ing gooner!

One I believe will step up another level similar to Mane at Liverpool. Most likely will be a great signing for Sp**s though.

Impact

Established Member
Criticism of Zaha is baseless. We have no first players that excel in one-on-one situations. His attributes have been missing from our first team for a very long time. He would not be my first choice but he is worthy of being on the list.

Think Mané is a very apt comparison, in that, I think he can make the step up to a better team than Palace and not that their playing styles are similar.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He's utterly brainless.

That strikes me as a somewhat prejudiced stance shared by quite a few people, often based on things like his hair or his facial expressions, or dare I say his race. People called Raheem Sterling brainless too.

He has a lot of the attributes that we're lacking. I'd prefer Mahrez personally, but I'd be open minded about Zaha.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He failed in big team so midtable it is his level. He your typical pacy skillful player but seriously lack intelligence

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What does mean? Substantiate your point. Why does he 'seriously lack intelligence'?
Decision making I meant so many in final third he make the wrong decision. He improved a lot this year but there are better players

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
And he grew up an Arsenal fan.

Give them Walcott and Welbeck with 50 million pounds.

Edit: This was a tongue in cheek joke, by the way.

In saying that, though, I still wouldn't mind Zaha as a replacement for Walcott or Welbeck. Still feel he offers more (even though he didn't impress me that much yesterday, which says even more about Walcott and Welbeck).

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Zaha really isn't that great. I've looked at some of his recent performances and he really doesn't look much better than he used to. His dribbling is honestly overrated; he often loses the ball and even when he does manage to hold on to it, he isn't very productive with it afterward. His technique isn't great, and I don't think he would suit us let alone manage to play consistently well at our level. At best I feel he could work in a heavily structured role, which just won't happen under Wenger.

Mahrez would be much better, he's a proper good dribbler and furthermore has good end product and technique. We should be all over him imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom