• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think people are fixated on his age (as usual) but he will go to a better club than Arsenal anyways.

Fantastic player.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Don't think we need Eze if we have ESR. Zaha offers something completely different.

I want Ødegaard here, but part of me wouldn't be devastated with ESR, Saka and Willian as no.10 options with Saka, Zaha, Pepe, Martinelli and Willian/ESR as wide options.

Willian will be a non factor in 14 months and we would get 3 good seasons out of Zaha and his trickery.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is Saint-Maximim any good? I've seen him go through what seems to be a few purple patches every now and then but dont know how consistent he is.

Obviously Newcastle suck and I cant imagine Ashley turns down money.

He was very good last season, no? This season he just had covid and a lot of health problems. Very similar style of player to Zaha. He's 24 actually, he could play for a bigger club. But he signed a huge contract extension until 2026! I honestly don't know why these talented players at smaller PL clubs sign such huge extensions, it's so stupid.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He was very good last season, no? This season he just had covid and a lot of health problems. Very similar style of player to Zaha. He's 24 actually, he could play for a bigger club. But he signed a huge contract extension until 2026! I honestly don't know why these talented players at smaller PL clubs sign such huge extensions, it's so stupid.

Yeah I remember we all discussed how stupid it was in this thread when he signed.

Honestly I have no idea how good he is, every now and then I hear how he terrorises a defence but then nothing for a while, the thing is he plays for Newcastle; it would be somewhat surprising if anyone can maintain form at that club with all the issues and **** managers they have.

The clubs a joke and although his contract is long I imagine Ashley accepts a bid of around 40mil (similar to Zaha) and Saint Maximim would do whats required to force it through.

Newcaslte will be relegated at somepoint before his contract is up I imagine.

Does kind of say something though that not many clubs appear to have public interest in him (to my knowledge) and he signed that deal.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
St. Maximan carries the kind of risks that Zaha doesn't with no clear upside other than being younger.

The likes of Malang Sarr, St. Maximan have games where they look unplayable, but the consistency of Zaha is much greater.

My main worry with Zaha is lack of output, but with the amount of penalties he wins, that is somewhat negated.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
St. Maximan carries the kind of risks that Zaha doesn't with no clear upside other than being younger.

The likes of Malang Sarr, St. Maximan have games where they look unplayable, but the consistency of Zaha is much greater.

My main worry with Zaha is lack of output, but with the amount of penalties he wins, that is somewhat negated.

I'm no supporter of Arsenal spending 40mil on Saint Maximim by the way, agree that would be very risky however if he was at around 25mil yeah maybe, but he needs to show a lot more for 40mil which is now a large fee again due to the times we are in.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure he'd be excellent for a couple of seasons. No re-sale value of course, but Torreira doesn't have one either...and he is "the right age".

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Something like Nketiah +20/25m would be really nice. Obviously everyone would dream about someone like Grealish, but those kind of players are out of sight.

Zaha would probably reach another level here, he'd be so so motivated.
Sadly, we ****ed Nketiah's market value up, just as with every player not selling when the time's right.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think people are fixated on his age (as usual) but he will go to a better club than Arsenal anyways.

Fantastic player.
Age is always a factor though, post 28. Even with Kane it’s being said he has to move now or never.

We can’t afford these transfers without European football anyway.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Something like Nketiah +20/25m would be really nice. Obviously everyone would dream about someone like Grealish, but those kind of players are out of sight.

Zaha would probably reach another level here, he'd be so so motivated.
Sadly, we ****ed Nketiah's market value up, just as with every player not selling when the time's right.

Tbh you could probably get Zaha and just send Nketiah, AMN, Willock and Nelson their way. They need players, they have 16 players out of contract in June 2021! Give them some young players, we get Zaha, solves a problem for both clubs without transferring any money, which is handy, cos no one has any money.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fantastic player.
Our fans have become business people. What other fans talk about resale value. They will gladly take lesser players than zaha as long as they are younger and can improve while playing for us soo we can sell them on. Watching Bayern vs PSG 9 players older and one same age playing in that much. Zaha is 29 in his absolute prime and know this league inside out. We need reliable attacking threat now not build one for next few years. Make Aubameyang striker and put zaha and Saka each side of him and let’s go. We wil have 2 wide players who can create now.

Mane is older and zaha is same age. I guess people wouldn’t want them either. I get if someone don’t rate him. But to say 29 is too old and people prefer younger lesser player is just weird

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Our fans have become business people. What other fans talk about resale value. They will gladly take lesser players than zaha as long as they are younger and can improve while playing for us soo we can sell them on. Watching Bayern vs PSG 9 players older and one same age playing in that much. Zaha is 29 in his absolute prime and know this league inside out. We need reliable attacking threat now not build one for next few years. Make Aubameyang striker and put zaha and Saka each side of him and let’s go. We wil have 2 wide players who can create now.
Fwiw I don't think Zaha is a good signing for us mainly because of what he brings to the table. There was a time where he would have brought something unique but with the current roster he no longer does. He might do it marginally better than what we got but that's not even guaranteed.

Whoever signs him would be getting one of the best wingers/forwards in the league though. I reckon Everton or Leicester would be perfect, both superior options on a purely footballing level. Both lacking wide options or an additional option upfront and on the cusp of Europe.

I think there is too much emphasis on age which was my argument. If he was 19 most of this forum would be bang on it.

Iceman10

Established Member
Age is always a factor though, post 28. Even with Kane it’s being said he has to move now or never.

We can’t afford these transfers without European football anyway.

It is a factor in an overall calculation. As @MutableEarth said earlier he is not guaranteed to move the needle enough to be worth it. We have priorities especially with CM, AMC, and full back positions to sort out this summer. Making room for Zaha probably means looking to flog Pepe this summer (Willian is already pretty much surplus), and while some can retain their adventurous side in saying the ship has not sailed with Zaha, it just ain’t happening.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It is a factor in an overall calculation. As @MutableEarth said earlier he is not guaranteed to move the needle enough to be worth it. We have priorities especially with CM, AMC, and full back positions to sort out this summer. Making room for Zaha probably means looking to flog Pepe this summer (Willian is already pretty much surplus), and while some can retain their adventurous side in saying the ship has not sailed with Zaha, it just ain’t happening.
It’s not happening because we can’t afford it. Not because we will get better players in different positions. People talking about CMs. Since we signed xhaka have we signed better player than xhaka in that position except partey which happened because of the clause? I think instead of saying we have needs in 5 positions and get 5 ok players. Focus on 2 players in 2 positions and really strengthen them.

We absolutely has to focus on an attacker with pace who can beat players. Doesn’t have to zaha, but someone of that ilk. We really struggle to create and far too dependent on Saka a kid. By far the most important thing for me is put auba as cf and get someone who can play as left wide player. If the club spent O’Malley that wages on Auba as a left winger then it’s one of the worst deals in football. We are wasting him there

Iceman10

Established Member
It’s not happening because we can’t afford it. Not because we will get better players in different positions. People talking about CMs. Since we signed xhaka have we signed better player than xhaka in that position except partey which happened because of the clause? I think instead of saying we have needs in 5 positions and get 5 ok players. Focus on 2 players in 2 positions and really strengthen them.

We absolutely has to focus on an attacker with pace who can beat players. Doesn’t have to zaha, but someone of that ilk. We really struggle to create and far too dependent on Saka a kid. By far the most important thing for me is put auba as cf and get someone who can play as left wide player. If the club spent O’Malley that wages on Auba as a left winger then it’s one of the worst deals in football. We are wasting him there

A lot of this though is Arteta and his selections this season, going quite a bit with Willian or Auba on LW. We have to try to get more from Martinelli and Pepe, and if we buy Ødegaard I do also see ESR as a LW option also. I don’t fully disagree though, we would probably have been better off with buying Zaha instead of Pepe, but the problem is reversing that now, and also now we’ve had two seasons with Pepe I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel for him in terms of impact next season.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Tbh you could probably get Zaha and just send Nketiah, AMN, Willock and Nelson their way. They need players, they have 16 players out of contract in June 2021! Give them some young players, we get Zaha, solves a problem for both clubs without transferring any money, which is handy, cos no one has any money.

Nice idea, but to be frank, it's rarely as easy as we would like to be.
Can see Palace being very stubborn and it alwaso depends on how many youngsters, definetely not all of the above, that's way way more money so to speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom