• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
He’s a true baller. Would take him if it means clearing out some fringe players in attack (Willian, Nelson, maybe Laca).

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I don't know at all what I feel here. The romantic in me sees a true baller who's also an Arsenal fan and want want him to get the chance to represent us. It's just the wrong time though and doesn't make a lot sense for the club.

Under the right conditions though, I'd be for this. That'd mean not spending big transfer money as well as Zaha showing that he really wants to play for us by accepting wages and contract length that makes signing a 28 y/o a viable option for the club.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Eze is the one to get off Palace. I know he is injured. Could go on to have a very big season once back

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Even as an Arteta fan, you don't leave Vieira to play for Mikel.

Iceman10

Established Member
Wait, so Tbr football is saying the times is saying that 90 minutes has reported this?
There is a hyperlink in there to a Times article about Paddy Vieira taking over, but is paywalled and I can only read down as far as saying Palace would take bids, not on Arsenal interest. Of course I don't see us going up to 35m, but did theorise earlier when @Jakarta brought up what he heard, that if we can offload Reiss and Willian there would be space for Zaha, especially if we sold Laca also, and we could possibly get the price down to 10m + part exchange (e.g. Reiss, maybe AMN, not sure about Eddie).

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
@Jakarta @Garrincha

FwIw:

This would be perfect, bring Zaha in, loan out Pepe to Palace.

Before anyone who strongly supports Pepe strongly jumps on me this should let Pepe show the talent he has, most of the comments I read it is Arteta stopping Pepe doing his thing. Arteta will be here until Christmas at least so it would benefit Pepe in the medium to long term if Arteta is the problem. So in a year if Pepe has exploded we get an amazing player full of confidence under a new manager, if he doesnt we havent lost much.

Iceman10

Established Member

Before anyone who strongly supports Pepe strongly jumps on me this should let Pepe show the talent he has, most of the comments I read it is Arteta stopping Pepe doing his thing. Arteta will be here until Christmas at least so it would benefit Pepe in the medium to long term if Arteta is the problem. So in a year if Pepe has exploded we get an amazing player full of confidence under a new manager, if he doesnt we havent lost much.
An idea, but one I personally am not in favour of. Pepe did seem to come on strong late last season and I'm looking forward to continuity into the next season. I understand the doubts over Arteta though, his selections are unpredictable, and often unjustifiable.

Bingo!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Hopefully this bollocks. Pepe and saka are better players and I believe Martinelli will also be if given sufficient playing time. ESR has also proven he can played well on the wing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom