• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Our Recent Imports Make It At Arsenal

sabret00the

Established Member
i'm referring to

Cesc
RVP
Reyes
Senderos
etc

i mean even the ones that are good enough will they have the patience?

Canuck

Established Member
Cesc is a made man already as far as most are concerned. I think he'll have the patience to develop.
RVP has the skill but I haven't seen enough of him to make a solid judgement. My biggest fear in regards to him is his former attitude problems. He might pull an Anelka.
Reyes is one I hope we can hold onto for a long time. Despite his recent form I am a supporter.
Senderos has a huge question mark over him right now. Half the time he's good enough for the first team, and the other half people seem to think he's sh*te and should be offloaded.
I think that the players most likely to bugger off are Pennant, Bentley, and RVP.
Pennant and Bentley are good but we could go on with out them. RVP should be an excellent addition to the team if he can just show Wenger he's mature enough to be a regular. All of the youth should know that it's going to take alot to knock one of the first teamers out of their starting spots. But we have players like Dennis who are winding down their careers. The chance will come. Look at how many players we let go this summer. Those left should all feel that they have a fair chance at making the grade.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Cesc - bloody hell yes.. he's already first choice... (well, in the absence of Gilberto)

RvP - i think so.. he is learning the game this year... he has shown flashes of his skill already... i think he will be a big presence, plus he can HEAD the ball...

Reyes - other than his bad patch recently, i would say he's already made it too... he will be here for a while

Senderos - only time will tell.. it seems he was one of the best players on the pitch in the last 2 CC matches and grows in stature with every match.. i think we will see him play a few games this season and more next season...

Lupoli - too early to tell

erm, cant think of others right now...

Bentley wont be here in 2 years i dont think, and unless Pennant gets some games this season, he won't wait around either.... he was expecting his chance this year after playing 1st team for Leeds all year last season... Freddie's recent form has prevented this and I think he will request a move...

Mark

Established Member
Cesc, RvP, Reyes will certainly make it. I have my doubts over Senderos, but maybe Flamini could with more games to show what he can do.

Asterix

Established Member
Cesc, RvP, Reyes is a star already, and I think Flamini and Lupoli will be here for a while. Pennant won;t be a regular here but hopefully will be a squad player. God knows we need plenty of those at times.

Axl

Because Parlour made it, Flamini will make it! Same type of player who will be a good squadplayer.... if he can accept sitting on the bench.

Cesc and Reyes has already played over 20 matches (i think) and done it well. I´m convinced they will be here for a long time.

Pennant? Only God knows. He will never be first choice as long freddie is here. If he accept the bench he might make it...

Senderos, Lupoli and RvP. Who knows.

bobbypires

Established Member
Cesc is doing it. His start has been amazing.

Flamini showed a lot in only a few minutes in some games. Reyes is a huge player, but he has to be consistent.

Van Persie needs minutes. And Senderos won't have too many opportunities this season. But his time will come.

And finally Lupoli. Too early.
And I read somewhere that his dream is to come back to Napoli!

A

Anonymous

bobbypires said:
And finally Lupoli. Too early.
And I read somewhere that his dream is to come back to Napoli!

Yeah only when Napoli returns at the highest levels.

He also said:

”Wenger is a great maestro. I am good friends with Fabregas and Reyes, and have a nice relationship with Henry. I felt huge emotions in the match against Everton. I can say without a doubt that I made the right choice.”

Asterix

Established Member
Promising words - let's hope he matures well and stays injury free. I think that has been Aliadiare's main problem to date. Wenger obviously has confidence in him so it was a shame not to be able to see him progress this year.

zodos

I observe that no one has mentioned Gael Clichy. May I conclude that the consensus is that he will make it? My question is WILL HE WAIT AROUND. Frankly speaking, I think he is too good to sit on the bench in any team. Unfortunately for him, he has Ashley Cole to contend with. I happen to think Clichy is a very good left midfielder as well. Unless Wenger starts giving him games in whatever position, he may be talked into considering his position. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I think he should play left midfield againt Chelsea. Despite the fact that Pires is a proven goal getter (and I am a huge fan of his), I believe Clichy would be better suited for that match because of his defensive qualities.

Senderos - I haven't seen enough of him, but comments from those in the know reminds me of my friend Igor Stepanov (any one remember Latvian?). He was a man of extremes. He was either teriffic or diabolical. He certainly didn't do average! I do hope Senderos turns out much better.

Aussie

Established Member
Clichy showed some very very good signs last year when he played and he played with great confidence as well which was great to see. He has a almost impossible job of knocking Cole out the way so that he can become first choice. As Zodos said LM may be a possibility.

Cesc will make it and we be a star. Lets hope he keeps a level head and keeps working hard.

Reyes and RVP i also feel quite confident they can play big parts in Arsenal's future.

Senderos was rated very highly when he first came and there was talk of him being a future Arsenal captain. However he struggled a little bit however of late he has looked very good and i have heared exellent reports about him from the carling cup game against United. He is only young and not many CB have mastered the skill at his age and he still has time opn his side. I am quite confident that he could possibly become a gunner regular.

Gooner83

Would like to see Falmini more, maybe Rvp should go out on loan just to show hes not indespensible and to curb that arrogance.

Bentley & Cesc are a bit lightweight too, these two are gonna have to work hard in the Gym.

Senderos looks like another Cygan, nothing stylish or spectacular.

Pennant has the attributes to make it, hes a great crosser of the ball something we dont really have.

Reyes is just a quality player, ignore all form... i watched him play for Sevilla alot.

Clichy is better, potentially better than Cole in my opinion!

Canuck

Established Member
I observe that no one has mentioned Gael Clichy. May I conclude that the consensus is that he will make it? My question is WILL HE WAIT AROUND.
I think that would be a safe assumption. Other than Reyes, he has played the most 1st team matches with Arsenal. Only Pennant has more Premship Experience...well and Bentley now. IMO he should feel fairly secure with his position for at least another season before he would think about moving on. I think he has a good connection with Wenger though.
[qoute]
Reyes is just a quality player, ignore all form... i watched him play for Sevilla alot.
[/quote]
I've heard the same from other people. Didn't see that much of him playing in Spain, but caught a couple matches on tv before he moved, and highlights on mondays. I do put my trust in Reyes, he can maintain the level. Yes he's been very underwhelming lately. Long term he will be solid for us though.

Clichy is better, potentially better than Cole in my opinion!
A bold statement. :mrgreen: Good for you to say it though. I'm sure there are people who might agree with you.

sabret00the

Established Member
i honestly think Reyes' future comes down to position, he's starting to look like he's settling (despite not scoring) on the wing he's great defensively, however i think that unless he gets that wing position he won't make it here.

RvP he'll be here till the end of next season no matter what, depending on how much he's played/settled by then he'll either stay of go.

Senderos i most definately think he'll be here, while he's been playing for us at the highest level of his arsneal career he's not put a foot wrong and i can't seem him slipping behind Cygan again in the pecking order.

Flamini, if you ask me he's not good enough, he's just scatty.

Cesc, yeah ofcourse, however it really comes down to the longevity of the plans of Le Boss, if we sign someone like Maska a long term partner who's defensive then i think Cesc will be one half of a great midfield but at the moment he's open to too much speculation due to not being partnered adequately.

Clichy, i don't think he will, two more seasons max and he'll be off, he's arleady a great player and probably as good as Cole.

Lupoli, yes he can make it, but not for about 3 seasons and he'll end up the replacement to Henry, probably be the fourth striker a season before that, he just needs to get into the groove.

Quincy, i don't think he will make it, he's no doubt talented but i don't think he's gonna be the type that will wanna be squad player, however if he can become that and take his chances as an Henry step in, i beleive he'll be here for years to come.

Larsson, nope not at all, he's decent but just not decent enough.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom