• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will we ever learn enough about Toure?

Adam

Established Member
There are no guarantees, but the prior knowledge before signing him is significant enough to know that he would be of use.

Particularly as Parlour, and possibly Gilberto could leave.

seanconvey66

Yea but what abt Cesc, (Ive actually seen this one! whereas ive never seen Yaya) Isnt he supposed to be the new centre midfielder. I mean thay are both similar age, Cesc is probably more highly rated and the biggest thing is that he plays for us. So i would guess he must be ahead of Yaya in Wengers plans.

Soler

Established Member
Cesc is more of an attacking midfielder (and only 16 years old), whereas Yaya is a defensive midfielder - hence the Vieira comparison.

seanconvey66

Mad Jens said:
Cesc is more of an attacking midfielder (and only 16 years old), whereas Yaya is a defensive midfielder - hence the Vieira comparison.

I know hes only 16. But surely if hes made his debut by now, and is runniing the reserves and actually plays for us hes well ahead of Yaya. As for being Vieiras replacement, Vieiras only what 28/29 so we wouldnt need to replace him for a while yet.

Mark

Established Member
Vieira is actually still 27, so yeah he won't need replacing for a while which is good. :D

KingReyes

Established Member
A great article it made me cry! :eek:ops:
I was at the Chelsea vs Arsenal game last Wed and from all the players he impressed me the most. An Arsenal legend in the making.

kNiteMare

we already had yaya for a trial last year, but i dont know how that went...

As for the article, Thx Adam! really good read, a bit long, but really pleasurable to read all the way, kinda reminiscient of his personality.

Arsene

Don't get carried away with these players - not everyone can become a star, trust wenger his sucess rate is better than most if not all.

AFCG7

Established Member
We wont see Cesc until the title is won..and even then we may not see him unless we are comfotably in front in a game.. Wenger will try as best as he can for an unbeaten season

A.Hussain

yaya is potentially vieira's successor. as a 21 year old, it is not possible for u to school an entire european league, unless u r some extremely gifted talent. and that is what yaya seems to be. give me an example of any player at that age doing the same. some may say ronaldo, some rooney, some hidelbrandt, many would say kaka.

i think the most probable time yaya will come to us will be either this summer, the upcoming winter window or next summer. if he doesnt show up in these specified windows, i cant see him evercoming to arsenal.

my 2 cents :)

orion

These articles about Kolo just keep getting better. There is that integrity about him that is very rare to see in footballers or sportsmn in general. Long may he prosper.

I think if Yaya had filled the needed criteria for a work permit Arsène would have made a bid for him, but as it stands now, we will just have to see what happens in the future. I wish all the Kolo family success and hope the family in Africa will be all right and indeed that the war may be avoided.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom