• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Wenger go for experience in the FA Cup final?

Spike

Established Member
I believe we should play our strongest squad to stand any chance of winning any silverware this season.

Lehmann
Lauren Senderos Campbell Cole
Ljungberg Gilberto Vieira Pires
Henry Bergkamp

Subs: Almunia, Toure, Fabregas, Reyes, v. Persie

Selection headaches! Even though Edu is leaving, I would still love for him to play as he has the experience although you just can't leave Fabregas out. I opted for Bergkamp and Henry up front as it's tried and tested plus Bergkamp was on fire the other night. Playing Henry Reyes upfront means having two strikers on the bench which is just a waste. If Ljungberg isn't fit, I'd play Pires on the right and Reyes on the left, but at the moment I'll assume he is fit.

MK5

I hope and think AW will go for an as experienced side as possible. To have players like Lauren, Toure, Sol, Freddie, Pires, Paddy and Bergy on the pitch who have been there and done it all before will be a big plus for us. To me it would be plain stupid to play Fabregas Van Persie and even Senderos if AW doesn’t have to.

Lehmann,
Lauren,
Toure,
Sol,
Ash,
Freddie / Reyes /Edu
Vieira
Gilberto
Pires
Bergy
Henry / Reyes / RvP

The nightmare scenario though would be if something happens to Lehmann before the cup final. I seriously doubt I could bare to watch it if Almunia plays.

eddie_wills

Everyone seems to be picking a different team! heh

Personally, I'd go

Jens
Lauren Kolo Sol Ash
Fred Gilby PV4 Bobby
Henry RVP

Almunia, Edu, Bergkamp, Phil and Jose on the bench. I realise that means no Cesc - just shows how strong our squad looks at the moment

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Surely, MK5, you pick the players that have been doing it for you in the weeks going up to the game, not the ones that were doing it last year.

Yeah, Dennis has made an impact off the bench and had a blinding game v Everton, but one home game aside, United have pretty much nullified him recently. Then there is the fact that Dennis never plays well in Cup Finals anyway. van Persie carries more goal threat, and United will know very little about playing against him, he's playing well. So why is it stupid to include him over a fading genius?

Fabregas has had an amazing season, and I believe we're playing better football with him on the right than with Freddie there. That said, if Freddie comes through today, I think he will start, his big game temperament and goalscoring potential gives him the edge. But again, I don't see that it would be neccessarily stupid to put Cesc in there, he's proved he can handle himself. Whoever starts out of the two, if Heinze starts for United, will have to be very careful about offering protection to our right back.

And finally, I don't see in any way, shape or form how it would be stupid to include Senderos, a few mistakes yes. But his general game provides a compelling case for inclusion. He won't let anyone down.

It'll be interesting to see what Arsène does today, will we get any clues for next weekend?

MK5

OneteaminLondon said:
Surely, MK5, you pick the players that have been doing it for you in the weeks going up to the game, not the ones that were doing it last year.

Yeah, Dennis has made an impact off the bench and had a blinding game v Everton, but one home game aside, United have pretty much nullified him recently. Then there is the fact that Dennis never plays well in Cup Finals anyway. van Persie carries more goal threat, and United will know very little about playing against him, he's playing well. So why is it stupid to include him over a fading genius?

Fabregas has had an amazing season, and I believe we're playing better football with him on the right than with Freddie there. That said, if Freddie comes through today, I think he will start, his big game temperament and goalscoring potential gives him the edge. But again, I don't see that it would be neccessarily stupid to put Cesc in there, he's proved he can handle himself. Whoever starts out of the two, if Heinze starts for United, will have to be very careful about offering protection to our right back.

And finally, I don't see in any way, shape or form how it would be stupid to include Senderos, a few mistakes yes. But his general game provides a compelling case for inclusion. He won't let anyone down.

It'll be interesting to see what Arsène does today, will we get any clues for next weekend?

I see what you coming from but my point is that this is an FA cup final against Malcolm’s Manchester United, It simply doesn’t become much bigger. The form of the players and who’s been playing the best football the last couple of weeks won’t really matter as much as who will be best prepared for and most familiar with the situation. To have players on the pitch who knows what it’s all about and have done it all before would be a bigger advantage than having the players who rolled over Everton the other night on the pitch.
Obviously I understand as well that the youngsters got to get the experience from somewhere but this isn’t the time to give young players experience. In a couple of years when Senderos, Fabregas and RvP’s hopefully have made themselves irreplaceable in the side they will be the one’s who are playing games like these kind games.

That’s my opinion anyway, and I think this is pretty much the way AW will think as well when he picks his team.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Lehmann
Lauren Toure Senderos Cole
Cesc Gilberto Vieria Pires
Reyes Henry

Almunia
Ljunberg
Bergkamp
Campbell
RVP

satan_beckham

isit only 16 players are gonig to get the medals?

the 16 is likely to be lehmann, alumnia/taylor, cole, lauren, campbell, toure, sendaros, viera, gilberto, cesc, pires, bergkamp, henry, rvp, reyes....

the last slot is either edu, ljungberg, flamini, maybe ali.....

more likely wenger is gonig for ljungberg, but its sad that edu, flamini are no getting the medals...

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom