Will you follow Arsène Wenger to his New Club?

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Gegen Pressing, May 8, 2018.

1. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

It might surprise some but what if Wenger after patiently waiting on the sideline gets the big offers from Bayern or Barca . Wenger becoming manager at a "Top Club" with CL guaranteed , infinite funds , priority access to local talent market...
    I will certainly indulge , but will there be a faithful following from fellow Gunners?

2. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Well. Rimaal would as she supports every top club in Europe. Trax might but only if Wenger succeeds.

3. Sobotka

Sobotka Well-Known Member

Unless Arsenal end up having to play a team he's managing, no.

4. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

No.

I wish good luck to him and probably will watch his team's games now and then, but I won't become a fan.

Brown Gooner likes this.
  5. mavelous

mavelous Well-Known Member Trusted

"Follow to" isn't the word I'd use, but I guess i'd keep an eye on it, just like i usually do with neutral interest for UCL play-offs, world cup games, euros etc etc.

In fact, I often find myself in that all too familiar whining mode, it's so easy to slip into such defeatist attitude. i've promised myself to wash those away with wenger and keep perspective on everything, and just accept that modern football has changed and winning everything in sight isn't a God-given right to any club

carlito'sway likes this.
  6. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

Would certainly be interesting to see how he does in a different club.

Flying Okapis likes this.
  7. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Would definitely make more of an effort but only in the CL. For example if he goes to a Bayern/PSG there isn't much to see domestically.

8. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I'll probably have as nearest to a 'second club' as I'm ever likely to get. I'll root for whoever he manages regardless of if they're an oil club or not. I'd still love to see him win the CL.

Keplaz, lamby22, Carlo Marx and 6 others like this.
  9. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

I'd root for him like mad against any English team except us

10. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

I will always be supportive of Arsène Wenger. I honestly don't see how any Arsenal fan could possibly do otherwise, considering all he has meant to our favorite club. Arsène winning the Champions League would be the next best thing to Arsenal winning it.

11. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

"Follow" in the loosest sense. Become a fan of? No.

So long as it's not at Arsenal's expense, yeah I'd pull for his team. Well, kind of depends on the team I suppose, a few blacklisted clubs that simply can't be pulled for. AW can't stay in England.

12. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Of course I'll watch his new team just to see how they get Wengered one by one.

13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Yes. Probably more than Arsenal.

14. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

If we appoint anyone other than Arteta (would settle for Paddy V tbh) then I'll leave Arsenal and support the club that Wenger chooses to manage next.

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Biggest United Supporter In India

Obviously. I was as much a Wenger fan as I was an Arsenal fan, if not more. Been supporting the club pre Wenger btw.

I’m a Wenger loyalist. Balaclava and petrol bombs at the ready for when he takes his next gig. Wenger Army.

16. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

I would keep an eye on what he does and if he joins a club I have no issues with I will have a soft spot for them. But if he joins Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Sp**s, Chelsea etc I will want him to do badly.

Nothing personal but whilst I have a huge appreciation for Arsène Wenger and what he did for us I am an Arsenal fan. Not negotiable.

17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I'd watch but not necessarily support the club. Although I'd love to see him lift the UCL.

SA Gunner likes this.
  18. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Would check on results to see how he's doing mainly to compare and try figure out if it was the players, him or both which went downhill the last few years, other than that I dont really care.

19. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

I've made no secret about the fact that I love Arsène Wenger for the man that he is. I implement some of his management techniques in my own life, specifically around person and team management, education of innovative thinking, technically focused youngsters and good emotional health. I see him as a role model as well.

I definitely will follow him and root for him, for all games except when against us. I desperately want to see him to succeed at the highest level, so that there can be no debate about his contribution to the sport. He is one of the true greats of the game, who did not do enough for his own interests to secure his legend. Perhaps self inflicted, due to his love for what I call "the academy setup".

He still represents the innocence and beauty that is dying in football.

I sincerely hope we never meet him in a high profile continental final, because I would not be able to enjoy an Arsenal victory.

If I had my way, I would install him as the head of FIFA, and surround him with people who can truly clean up the sport.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  20. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Unfortunately I think he would need to join Barca or Madrid to have a true chance at the CL. I would like him to do a two season stint at the club and try and make some history for himself.

Doesnt matter who, both are equally evil, but if I had a gun to my head it would be FCB.

Last edited: May 9, 2018