• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Carvalho

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/446576/Arsenal-and-Man-United-told-to-pay-12-5m-for-new-Patrick-Vieira-William-Carvalho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... m-Carvalho</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

william-carvalho-446576.jpg

The Gunners have joined United in sending scouts to watch Carvalho - who is no relation of former Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho - in action recently.

And reports in Portugal suggest that Sporting have taken the pre-emptive step of demanding a sizeable fee for the 21-year-old.

Carvalho, who recently made his international debut for Portugal, has a contract that runs until 2018 and a buyout clause of nearly £40m.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ewfc-5REg&sns=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ewfc-5REg&sns=tw</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the comment of that video, apparently he rarely misplaces passes. The person making the video didn't see any to put in, he didn't simply leave them out.

Arteta understudy?

Giroud

Established Member
This lad is absolute quality. Has it all really for that midfield role but more like Flamini than Arteta as his technical skills aren't as good as the Spaniard's. Still only 21 though so we'll probably see a little improvement and he still has more than enough quality on the ball to slot into our midfield. Keeps things simple in the middle and has done well against the big Portuguese sides despite being isolated against top quality Porto and Benfica midfielders.

He's been key to Sporting's revival this season and he's only 21 so they'll not be keen to let him go and with a new passionate president of the club they'll not give up easily. At this rate he'll walk into the Portugal line up at the World Cup, he really is a great prospect.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Are they sure he's of no relation to Ricardo Carvalho? I mean, how could this be? It's just too much of a coincidence. I don't give a sh!t if he's black--he must be related. I don't care that Carvalho is probably the the most common Portuguese surname either.

Must...be...rel...ated.

Who is the **** who wrote that? :lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The Jury said:
Are they sure he's of no relation to Ricardo Carvalho? I mean, how could this be? It's just too much of a coincidence. I don't give a sh!t if he's black--he must be related. I don't care that Carvalho is probably the the most common Portuguese surname either.

Must...be...rel...ated.

Who is the **** who wrote that? :lol:

You're forgetting that race is a social construct. I have a Chinese brother, an Indian cocker spaniel and a white Apple Mac, but that doesn't mean they're not related to me.

Shame on you, Jury.

Giroud

Established Member
The Portuguese side of my family are Carvalhos as well. I must be a relation too :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm off to find out whether my kebab shop bloke, Mehmet Ramsey, is related to our Welsh wonder boy, Aaron. You never know. And if he isn't, I'll tell him he should make it ****ing clear.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
The Jury said:
I'm off to find out whether my kebab shop bloke, Mehmet Ramsey, is related to our Welsh wonder boy, Aaron. You never know. And if he isn't, I'll tell him he should make it ******* clear.

You should demand a complementary season ticket after ordering a donner

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Shish my friend. Always the shiiish. Salad and sauce separate. With a 7up. :D

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's impossible. Of course they're related they have the same last name. I think this reporter is kind of confused.

Next thing people will start saying that Cristiano Ronaldo and Ronaldo aren't related. Same name, both speak Portuguese, they play football, they also have played for Real Madrid and were both voted Footballer of the Year. They are obviously related.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
The Jury said:

That's why you've never been offered a free season ticket. Never got the shish thing myself. Donner is obviously garbage, but such good tasting garbage

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
GunnerBP said:
That's impossible. Of course they're related they have the same last name. I think this reporter is kind of confused.

Next thing people will start saying that Cristiano Ronaldo and Ronaldo aren't related. Same name, both speak Portuguese, they play football, they also have played for Real Madrid and were both voted Footballer of the Year. They are obviously related.

Exactly. I'm related to my own mother FFS, we have the same last name too. What more evidence do you need?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
The Jury said:

That's why you've never been offered a free season ticket. Never got the shish thing myself. Donner is obviously garbage, but such good tasting garbage

Sssh, don't remind me...We all know doner meat tastes better than real meat! I used to ask the guy to crisp the meat up on the hot plate first. Heaven. I've got will power now. :cry:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Really fancy a kebab now... Thanks Jury!

Mayo, BBQ, Chilli and a bit of mint. Mmmmm.

Player looks good from the vids, deep lying midfielder and physically strong, I wouldn't be opposed!

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
28jfdjr.jpg

Portuguese daily Record have splashed their paper and website with news that the Gunners are moving full steam ahead in an effort to sign Sporting Lisbon’s midfield starlet William Carvalho.

The article in Record is headlined “Arsenal are carefully looking at William Carvalho”, with the sub-headline “Wenger has asked for a detailed report”.

The main thrust of the article in Record appears to hinge on the report that Arsène Wenger has asked for a dossier on the player both on and off the pitch. The deep interest which the Professor is supposedly taking in the Sporting #14 hints at Arsenal have a real interest in the player above the usual paper talk.

Of course, claims that Arsenal are interested in Carvalho are not that new.

The tabloid press in England have linked the Gunners with the 21-year-old over the past few days, and it’s difficult to know whether Record have the inside scoop on a potential deal or whether the Portuguese paper are just rehashing the stories printed in the likes of the Star.

21-year-old Carvalho is one of the hottest stars in Portugal, and the new Patrick Vieira has completed a fantastic first half of the season with current Liga Sagres leaders Sporting Lisbon.

Whether Arsenal can land William Carvalho remains questionable however because of the youngster’s complicated ownership structure. Sporting only own 60% of Carvalho, while another company, BES, own 40%.

While Arsenal would have to overcome the obstacles of Carvalho’s ownership, then there is also the fee involved in the transfer. Carvalho is under contract at Sporting until 2018, and has a massive €45m buyout clause.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/arsenal-chase-carvalho-as-wenger-requests-reports-on-sporting-lisbons-midfield-starlet-record/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/arsen ... et-record/</a>
Fantastic player and will be a great addition but with Arteta, Flamini already here maybe we can sign him in the summer or in 2015.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
HollandGooner said:
45 million is ridiculous.
no one will pay 45m for him (maybe Monaco) at max we will pay 20-25m, Imbula is another player we should be looking at.

DOUBLE-YOU

i can't see this happening. Not only is the fee ridiculous, i'm not convinced Wenger would deal with any player part owned by a company.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom