• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ojogo.pt/jornaldodia/interior.aspx?content_id=4036808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ojogo.pt/jornaldodia/interio ... id=4036808</a>

According to Portuguese newspaper Ojogo Sporting Lisbon rejected our 30M euros bid for Carvalho, they also say Sporting Lisbon will not sell the player unless some club activate Carvalho release clause and his release clause is 45M euros.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ive seen this on twitter all morning, and was wondering where a thread was.
Not long before our man Yousif got onto this ;)

Dont know how I feel about this one, a position we need to fill yes, but Schneidlerlin is a better option if you ask me.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
i read somewhere that Carvalho is a Gooner and Henry his idol if he push for a move we can get him. but if Sporting keep asking for 45M euros then we should forget it and move to other targets.

baccy_man

Established Member
Just seen this on Sky sports transfer section,

Arsenal have had a €30million (£23.7m) bid for Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho rejected, according to O Jogo. Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin have been linked with moves to Arsenal, but it now appears Carvalho's name could also be on Arsène Wenger's list of targets. The Portugal international has previously been linked with Manchester United and Juventus, with Sporting reportedly wanting the majority of Carvalho's £37m release clause before agreeing to sell.

Iceman10

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
i read somewhere that Carvalho is a Gooner and Henry his idol if he push for a move we can get him. but if Sporting keep asking for 45M euros then we should forget it and move to other targets.

The strange bit about the transfer rumour is that apparently the bid involved paying in two instalments. Seems a bit fishy because we have the financial strength to normally pay in one go (unlike certain other clubs).

BobP

Memri Fan
<a class="postlink" href="http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/full-story-on-arsenal-s-carvalho-bid-30m-could-actually-be-accept" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... -be-accept</a>

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Monster this lad, would take him over Schneiderlin and Bender.

el57

yousif_arsenal said:
BobP said:
How reliable are Ojogo?
Some people saying they are reliable in Portugal.
They're fairly reliable on Porto stuff. They are based in porto and the main edition is geared toward Porto fans. A bola is best for the Lisbon teams, O Jogo is best for Porto; so it's a bit like when the Liverpool Echo break a liverpool story or Manchester Evening News break a United story.

Seeing as this is a Sporting Lisboa story, I'd rate this as cautiously reliable.

el57

some more info on him:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/05/world-cup-2014-portugal-william-carvalho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... m-carvalho</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back then, Carvalho played as a No10 and loved Thierry Henry, becoming an Arsenal fan. Over the years, he started going back in midfield and you can see him as a mix between Yaya Touré and the classical Patrick Vieira.

With a tremendous physique (now 1.87m in height, and 86kgs) and remarkable quality of ball control, the teenager was quickly spotted by the big clubs in the capital of Portugal and came to the point of saying no to Benfica.

Both William and his father are supporters of Sporting. When the youth coach of Benfica went to their house, in 2005, to present a contract, the boy turned away the chance. A big surprise coming from a guy that played for the modest Mira Sintra. But his favourite club was close and he took the opportunity.

Seems like the kind of lad who could push for a move to us if we came calling.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Special young player, I hope we're interested he's an absolute monster. If we pair him with Rambo there won't be a midfield in the PL that we couldn't control. Hope we get him in.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
history of portuguese selling their stars players telling me we have to pay release clause to buy him. 30M euros if very good bid for a player in his age.

the guy is beast watched him against Usa in world cup he really strong tackler.

Crooner

It's a bit annoying when bid information is leaked by a club. And I would suggest that Sporting are responsible for this leak, or the agent.

Can play centreback as well so potentially fills a few holes in the squad.

thedon5

Bloody hell forget Khedira, would absolutely love this lad at the club. Will be on much lower wages so the fee is justified and he is already brilliant, he will grow into an absolute monster here with Rambo. I think he would fit us better than Khedira too.

Hopefully this is just a starting bid. I reckon if we go back in with €35-40 million they would accept. They know we're tight arses I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom