• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Wenger also talked about Nasri playing DM. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Any fan who seriously advocates playing Chambers at DM needs their head checked.

Did Wenger need his head checking for changing Petit/Song from CBs to DMs, Thuram/Lauren/Cashley from wingers to fullbacks, Henry/RVP to wingers/attacking midfielders to CFs??

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Carvalho would be a good signing, but I doubt that Wenger will pay the money requested so that we can have a backup for Coquelin.

I think he will assess Arteta, Flamini, Chambers and even Bielik to see if they can be backups for Coquelin before he commits to spending cash.

Regarding Chambers playing DM all I can say is that he played there once for us, and didn't have his best game, but that is what teenagers do sometimes. Bellerin had a couple of horror shows at RB during the first half of the season, but he clearly turned that around, so to me it is too early to write off Chambers at DM.

At Southampton, Chambers played DM and CB at youth level, and only started playing RB two seasons ago when they needed a backup for Clyne.

Chambers appears to be a smart, versatile player with a good technical ability. A good preseason, and a couple matches at DM and he may surprise us.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I too think there is a chance of Chambers as backup for Coquelin.
Wrnger did say he sees him as DM even though after that he played well as CB and later it seamed even AW thinks its where he will end up.
One game he played as DM was against Saints, with Coquelin next to him, which is not what works well for him as he needs better more ofensive guy next to him. Aaron and Chambers sound really interesting together.

Preseason will tell. I just dont believe we'll go for a very young DM even if we do bring someone. Should really be older then Coq, and cheaper then Willy is.. Just cant see this happen at all.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I too think there is a chance of Chambers as backup for Coquelin.
Wrnger did say he sees him as DM even though after that he played well as CB and later it seamed even AW thinks its where he will end up.
One game he played as DM was against Saints, with Coquelin next to him, which is not what works well for him as he needs better more ofensive guy next to him. Aaron and Chambers sound really interesting together.

Preseason will tell. I just dont believe we'll go for a very young DM even if we do bring someone. Should really be older then Coq, and cheaper then Willy is.. Just cant see this happen at all.

At the end of the season he said he'll be a top class centre back. All the talk of him being a potential DM is the same **** we had with Vermaelen. It will never happen.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150508/boss-why-chambers-will-play-centrally

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Various papers saying we're close to signing him. Where's their info coming from?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
@field442
In the same interview he did menion he might be central midfielder too
I see him as potential top class CB too, but wouldnt be surprised to see him at DM also.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Chambers started off as a midfield in the Southampton youth teams I believe.

Not sure about Chambers as a DM, but he does look like he has some of the vital attributes needed to play there.

As for Carvalho, would love him here, think he's unbelievably talented. Don't think it'll happen for a number of reasons though.

Our squad is to much settled. Feels like we are not going after someone unless something huge become available, and even then there is PSG and City going on spending spree...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Is his buyout 37 m euros? If so thats about 25m pounds.
34949.jpg

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Wernt the mirror qouting the telegraph and they were quoting the star. So bolex really. Metro said we had scouts watching him at u21 final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom