• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Gallas (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linson

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3850920,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 20,00.html</a>

To be honest at the right price he's bye-bye. Him and Toure are just too similar and can't work together. Anything above £8m and I'd sell and we could buy that no nonsense centre-back we've needed for ages!

asajoseph

Established Member
Re: PSG Admit Interest in Gallas

The question is how Wenger would replace him - with Senderos, Song and Djourou?

If that's the case, I'd hold onto him for another year or two!

Linson

I think we really need a Campbell / Adams kind of player who'll go straight through someone to get to the ball. Can't think of any names off the top of my head.

kym7224

with the market of CB now, I say keep him.
There are no exprienced CB with Premiership exprience like Gallas.

Paddy from Sweden

With the help that AW has given PSG this summer I'd guess that this comment is being made in an ironic way.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

We should be getting rid of Senderos not anyone else, hes s**t.

After seeing Songs interview on ArseTV im very convinced he'll be a top CB for us, a new Kolo Toure but he seems much more defensively accute for his age than a young Kolo. We still need a dominant CB of course but only to replace Senderos

kym7224

EMIR8

I think this season is final season for Senderos AW give final chance to him.
If he not blossom this year I think he will leave us.

nidza7

Established Member

kym7224,

with this post you have become pray for Mr.Lord Dula.

:wink:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If Gallas wasn't captain I wouldn't even give this link a second thought.
If he was properly replaced however..the only problem would be whos gonna be captain?

asajoseph

Established Member

After seeing Songs interview on ArseTV im very convinced he'll be a top CB for us, a new Kolo Touré but he seems much more defensively accute for his age than a young Kolo. We still need a dominant CB of course but only to replace Senderos

For me, Song's very similar to Senderos in defence - very able, but two slow of foot at times, and prone to the odd horror-show mistake. It remains to be seen if either can grow out of this.

Lancelot

Established Member

So... back to Paris, eh? Sounds like something Gallas would do after a long hard year of babysitting.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

Gallas was our best defender last year mate and was superb for 3/4 of it but during the latter stages when the chips were down, he didnt lead us properly or his attitude was completely wrong

Im not a fan of MOTD but some things they get right and when we played united away Hansen pointed out his lack of leadership. When we had corners he wasnt vocal and would just leave everyone to deal with their own situations but Ferdinand was organising his teammates, using hand gestures and was very assured with what he was doing

It was a lesson for Gallas but I feel next year he'll come back stronger. Ill say again that I want Senderos sold. Wenger needs to tackle the real problems, Phil isnt getting any better

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

asajoseph said:
After seeing Songs interview on ArseTV im very convinced he'll be a top CB for us, a new Kolo Touré but he seems much more defensively accute for his age than a young Kolo. We still need a dominant CB of course but only to replace Senderos

For me, Song's very similar to Senderos in defence - very able, but two slow of foot at times, and prone to the odd horror-show mistake. It remains to be seen if either can grow out of this.

Isit? Woww I think Songs a very adequate defender, 6ft 1 and is much more comfortable there in our set up than midfield. Hes very good for his age and I can see him only getting better because to me hes also agile and brings the ball out with confidence

There are a few tweaks of course, like the accuracy of his heading, when to release the ball, clearances but hes only 20 and is already a Solid performer. Like Vela I believe he'll be another one to watch out for next year

James

Established Member

I'm sorry, i know he has his doubters, and those who just don't like him, but selling Gallas will be a real step backwards. If anything, it is Kolo we need to be thinking about replacing in defence (i'm not saying sell him).

Linson

I respect where everyone is coming from but I really dislike Gallas. Toure was awesome before he came along and would still be if Gallas left. Splash the cash and get a replacement I say!

asajoseph

Established Member

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
asajoseph said:

Isit? Woww I think Songs a very adequate defender, 6ft 1 and is much more comfortable there in our set up than midfield. Hes very good for his age and I can see him only getting better because to me hes also agile and brings the ball out with confidence

There are a few tweaks of course, like the accuracy of his heading, when to release the ball, clearances but hes only 20 and is already a Solid performer. Like Vela I believe he'll be another one to watch out for next year

Sure, I think they're very similar - and, as much of a taboo as it is to say about Phil, he's often a very good player as well. Song has had his good moments at the back, but has had some very poor ones as well, similar to Phil. He's not very good at all at tracking runners (which could improve with experience), and he often seems to get caught flat footed, like Phil, when he's isolated.

Song will be a good performer, if he works the flaws out of his game.

Zico

Established Member

Even clubs on a highway to nowhere are in for our stars. What the f$%k is happening?

kym7224

Linson said:
I respect where everyone is coming from but I really dislike Gallas. Touré was awesome before he came along and would still be if Gallas left. Splash the cash and get a replacement I say!

Problem is we only can get 5-7M by his sale and there are no CB exprienced like Gallas, who you in mind?

With adaptation to EPL it is very difficult to replace him.

James

Established Member

goonerwarsh said:
Micah richards anyone...there's me dreaming again
A partnership of Toure and Richards would be disastrous. Richards looks to have fantastic potential, but his reading of the game is no where near good enough just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom