• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Gallas (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: PSG Admit Interest in Gallas

Toure needs someone who is calm and commanding alongside him.. Richards would be the LAST person to partner Toure... cant we pick up a Vidic/Skrtel type player on the cheap from somewhere in Eastern Europe or something?

MDGoonah41

Established Member

This has to be a dream scenario for Wenger. Gallas turns 31 in August, remove him and we can get our average age closer to 21. Sell now!

James

Established Member

USArsenal said:
Touré needs someone who is calm and commanding alongside him.. Richards would be the LAST person to partner Touré... cant we pick up a Vidic/Skrtel type player on the cheap from somewhere in Eastern Europe or something?
I wish it was as easy as Ferguson and Benitez have made it look. Perhaps it is, and Arsène is really that reluctant to improve our defence. The team we would be with Vidic :(

JazzG

Established Member

Would be madness to sell him, he is our best CB and our captain. He should remain captain and stay in the defence next season. Last season it was Toure who was a liability when he came back from the African cup of nations, Gallas had some iffy moments but on the whole was ok.

thegame24 said:
yea we arnt weakned enough, lets sell gallas too.

True :lol:

Zico

Established Member

I can smell a deadline day deal that brings in Chantome with Gallas going in the opposite direction. Two birds nailed with one stone - a younger team and we replace Flamini. Wenger will allow himself a little sherry that night.

Linson

I agree, a Vidic / Skrtel kind of player would be exactly what we need. There is strength in variation and we just don't have it! Technically I just don't rate Gallas and I'm still hurting that he was chosen as captain. Having said that I don't know would don the armband if he left... Maybe Toure would grow into that role?

MDGoonah41

Established Member

JazzG said:
Would be madness to sell him, he is our best CB and our captain. He should remain captain and stay in the defence next season. Last season it was Touré who was a liability when he came back from the African cup of nations, Gallas had some iffy moments but on the whole was ok.

thegame24 said:
yea we arnt weakned enough, lets sell gallas too.

True :lol:

Well Gallas > Toure, but unfortunately I can't see Wenger relegating Toure to the bench.

Lord Dula

Established Member

quincy42 said:
I can smell a deadline day deal that brings in Chantome with Gallas going in the opposite direction. Two birds nailed with one stone - a younger team and we replace Flamini. Wenger will allow himself a little sherry that night.

Knobbing two birds with one johnny? I like your thinking.

Erm, isn't Gallas on ridiculously high wages? I'm concerned about our wage structure and balance sheet. Lets gid rid of him and pull Gerry Taggart out of retirement.

Pádraig

I wouldn't really see him as a big loss if he were to leave. i think we need someone calm, cool and strong - Song could offer us this but only after he has a few seasons under his belt, in my opinion. I would prefer someone who isn't particularly mobile but reads the game brilliantly.

Alfonso

Established Member

If we sell Gallas why dont we go all the way and sell Toure and anyone above 25. I mean if you want to transition then you might as well do it properly.

Selling Gallas would be Wenger's biggest mistake since selling Vieria.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Im pretty confident Wenger wouldnt sell him

Smartly Dressed Morris

Why don't we sell the whole 'kin team just so we can help pay off the enormous debt we are in.

David Dein was so , so right and the Arsenal board continue the utter bullshit saying "money is available".

Let's face it guys - if they had told the truth about the predicament we are in I doubt the tickets would have sold so quickly.

It's all starting to make sense....

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

i dont know about that SDM... i think if Wenger wanted to spend 18 million or 20 million on a player, the board would certainly allow him to.. Wenger himself doesnt think players are worth that much....

Smartly Dressed Morris

I get the impression from Wenger lately that finding and polishing gems is more important than titles.

But then someone will say he is perfect for a club with no cash , that I agree with.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

Yeh, he seems to get a kick out of that more than wanting titles dont you think.

Freak

kel varnsen

Established Member

sell him and let song play. song can carry the ball up the pitch and has a good passing range/accuracy. we need that in a cb.

kym7224

Song off to Beijing OG and now Toure down, there is zero possibility of selling him. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom