• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Gallas (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Re: PSG Admit Interest in Gallas

You kids grown up fast Biggus, how old is he now?
Honestly mate. Our team lacks a real leader and you dont associate that with Arsenal

Since wenger has developed his own Arsenal squad, he hasnt even installed a proper leader in our set up. For a man with so much knowledge about players he does sell himself short sometimes. A Flawed Genius

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Unlikely to happen this summer. I can't even see PSG can afford two-third of Gallas' current wages, let along transfer fee.

Kenyonhater

Yeah, 30 is past it. Let's win the league with a team who's average age is 21.

Or not.

number_0

Established Member

You relieze that gallas is our record signing, not technically, but if cashly was rated at 25m and they gave us 5m + gallas you do the math....

ricky1985

Established Member
Gallas Off?

Thought it would be worth opening a thread (I can't seem to find one) to discuss the new links as they crop up between now and the time it's announced that he's either staying or going.
WILLIAM Gallas is on the way out of Arsenal after he shocked the club with £80,000-a-week wage demands.

The French centre-back, who is 33 in August and out of contract this summer, wants a two-year deal which would cost the club more than £8m.

Manager Arsène Wenger and the board said ‘No’ and Paris-born Gallas now looks set to return to his hometown with PSG.

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood said last night: “His demands are quite extravagant and I don’t think we are prepared to go along with it.

“We would very much like him to stay, but I think for one year, and not on the money he wants.

“He is a good player, but you have got to draw the line somewhere.

“If he can get the money somewhere else, good luck to him. We still hope he will sign, but if he doesn’t, he doesn’t.
“It is not that we are being bloody-minded for the hell of it.

“We have got to look forward and the cost of players isn’t just in transfers, it is in the salaries as well. And we analyse these quite carefully, because we don’t want to go bankrupt.”

It is understood PSG are willing to offer Gallas a three-year deal and although they are not able to pay him what he is after at Arsenal he likes the idea of a return to Paris.

Gallas has made 155 appearances for Arsenal and was their skipper in the 2007-8 season.

He lost the captaincy after giving an interview in which he criticised young players in the squad for not being brave enough.
It's looking increasingly likely with every passing day. Are we making a mistake not giving him the two years he wants, and the money he's after?

Personally, I think he's as good as gone, and PSG would seem a good way to wind down his career. It's all about who we bring in as to whether this is a good move or not.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Re: Gallas Off?

good player but i agree with sticking to our guns here. we need to find a replacement asap.

viper_001

Established Member

I don't know, it just doesn't feel right letting him go :| . We need to keep the team together, and Gallas has been one of our best players this season.

So what if we do end up signing a replacement CB? Gallas would be off, and we would be continuing the time-honored Arsenal tradition of moving one step forwards and one step back. I don't see how we can stay competitive next April/May when our lack of squad depth betrays us.

GoonerAG

He can skedaddle off. A good player but his baggage and injury problems far outweigh his quality. Sign Campbell up, and with Vermaelen and Djourou get a young, strong centreback and we will be fine.

Gunner_JT

I don't think we can rely on him anymore. A top class defender when fully fit but he won't be fit next season when we really need him.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

I thought he was already on 90k per week?

Anyway ...

pray_smiley.gif

Wenger14

Established Member

He doesn't seem to be able to last through a season, so it's probably best we brought in someone else. I'm a big fan of him as a defender but we can't afford to have our first choice defender out at the business end every year.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

So a 10k pay drop and we ain't willing to pay it?

I hope we don't regret it to be very honest. We probably need to pay half a premium for another good starting defender anyway so 80k is actually worth it imo.

Zico

Established Member

Why is it we cannot afford to pay our players top dollar, but our manager is one of the highest paid in England and the business? Shouldn't all our employees live like paupers if we have no money?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Rubbish, he was absolutely committed for us and is so criminally underrated by some of you guys here

Lord Dula

Established Member

Time to part ways has come I feel. I liked him, but if that frees up wages to use elsewhere perhaps it's best

Captain

Established Member

Zico said:
Why is it we cannot afford to pay our players top dollar, but our manager is one of the highest paid in England and the business? Shouldn't all our employees live like paupers if we have no money?

Because Wenger is the franchise.

But apart from that, he earns less than the top players.

nidza7

Established Member

Gallas is class but it`s the right moment for him to pull a last juicy contract of his career(2+ year).

He can`t do that here, so I guess he`s definitely off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom