William Gallas (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Linson, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klaus Daimler

Klaus Daimler New Member Trusted

Re: Gallas Off?

Partly. They've been rumoured to be interested in him for the past six months too, with Ranieri publicly stating that he'd love to take Gallas. He even claimed that he had talked to William about a move to Rome. He's a big fan and Gallas would get a regular role at a big club. Just feels like a very logical move.

2. Y va marquer

Y va marquer New Member Elite

Why the apocalyptic vision for next season Wenger 14?
    Well I suppose it’s not entirely so – you haven’t predicted that Cesc will leave...

Fear not Koscielny will soon be signed and there will be another more experienced CB signing to replace Billy :wink:

3. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

I thought that the WC final was the first time that Cannavaro was actually able to deal with Henry. After being heavily troubled on every other occasion he had faced the mercurial Frenchman.

4. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

If Roma took Gallas, Mexes would surely leave. He's too good to be 4th choice, and could do a decent job for us.

5. kooldawg

kooldawg New Member

SO he's off to Juve?

Gallas is still decent and he'll do fine in the Italian league.

6. Invincible

Invincible New Member

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Billy!

7. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

its not a done deal yet.. but should be interesting to see where he lands

8. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

I've no idea what's going on with this guy.

9. number_0

number_0 Member

I'd rather we keep with gallas than sign cole on the same wages.

10. Pies

Pies Member

I would rather keep Gallas too, but I personally think he wants to move on and there is really no chance of keeping him.

11. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

The thing about Gallas is that, as good as he is as an individual defender, we've never managed to build a solid, robust defence around him.

I'm all for keeping him, within reason, but I won't mourn him if he leaves.

12. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

I agree but can anyone see Wenger buying this Koscielny guy(who seems like a replacement for Sol/DJ while he finds his feet again) AND a Gallas replacement??

On paper it looks like we must buy again if Gallas leaves, but Wenger has left us short in other positions before.

That's my only concern about Gallas leaving, personally I dislike the guy and think he's been largely disappointing since he signed. Also strikes me as a poisonous character.

13. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

we have the potential to lose 4 CB's this summer.. 1 is already gone (Phil).. Gallas looks certain to leave.. Sol looks LIKELY to leave (if his noises about Celtic are true) and we all want Silvestre to leave (he is also out of contract)

that leaves us with TV and Djourou at the back with some possible cover with Song and maybe Sagna in a pinch.. (im not really counting Nordveit or Bartley just yet)..

i think 2 new CB's is an absolute MINIMUM that we need... even if Sol stays, we still really need 2 new CB's..

Wenger has seen (and said) that our defence is not strong enough at the end of last season.. even he couldnt possibly leave us short at CB coming into a season where we basically have to convince Cesc to stay on another year or 2.. adding attackers is fine, and that will help us, but we ALL know that we need 2 (minimum) CB's and a new GK, full stop.. if we dont get those, count thie season ahead as lost before it starts

14. Pies

Pies Member

I agree fabo, a lot of questions about the back again, not exactly sure how this will all play out. Especially difficult when you are not exactly sure who is going to stick around and who will be leaving.

15. KY

KY New Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Gunners-release-French-star-William-Gallas-after-refusing-to-meet-his-contract-demands-article462099.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ar ... 62099.html</a>

looks like we've released Gallas though it's not officially been announced yet. Also said we've released 6(???) players? That's a mighty lot! I can only think of 5... Gallas, Senderos, Silvestre, Campbell and Merida. Who's the sixth?

16. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

Song will play CB this year, he'll be like a new signing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.