• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Gallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love Pascal Cygan.

jus2nang said:
SkySportsNews are saying that it is in fact a measley £5m.

I can't believe how we've been bullied over this deal.. :x :eek:ops: :x :roll: :eek:ops:

How many times? :roll:

If it's true then it's a fair compromise. It's a deal everyone can be happy with.

Why did people think we were going to get half the oil in Russia for Cole?

JazzG

Established Member
thegame24 said:
f****g s**t 5 million

we let cole go for 5 million

we could have got gallas for free next season.

Gallas wouldn't of come to us next season if clubs like Milan and Barca had given him good offers. He was stuck as those clubs weren't willing to pay Chelseas price for him and we were probably his only route out of Chelsea so was willing to join us.

Also lets wait until this deal is even official as we might get an indication of what the price is then.

Army of Me

Established Member
I love Pascal Cygan. said:
jus2nang said:

I can't believe how we've been bullied over this deal.. :x :eek:ops: :x :roll: :eek:ops:

If it's true then it's a fair compromise. It's a deal everyone can be happy with.

because we've just 'bought' a 29 year old defender in the last year of his contract for approx. £15mil... that's why.

famous no 10

Established Member
I love Pascal Cygan. said:
jus2nang said:

Get real. it's a poor deal if true, Gallas was never worth more than 5m, great defender but one year left.

AFCFan4Ever

Eric friggin' Abidal was rumored to be going for 20 mil. +.

FFS, 15 mil. for one of the top 5 CBs in the world is fair.

been

im sure gallas wil sign an extended contract man if this guy comes do you guys not realize for once in a long time we now have 2 out of the worlds top 10 CBs as our first choice CBs

Army of Me

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:

don't get me wrong, i'm happy we got gallas, and i'm happy we got rid of the ****, but we could've got a better deal than that tbh.

AFCFan4Ever

thegame24 said:
AFCFan4Ever said:

what?

cole is better than abidal

Uh yeah I know.

I'm trying to show that getting Gallas for 15 mil. isn't as bad of a deal as some people think.

exactly ^^

5 million seems fairly low to me but lets look at the positives of having one of the best centre halves in the premiership now in our squad and also the prospect of justin hoyte never playing left back for us again has me smiling

thegame24

Established Member
we didnt give 15 million

we gave the best left back in the world who is english, to the champions of england

I love Pascal Cygan.

famous no 10 said:
Get real. it's a poor deal if true, Gallas was never worth more than 5m, great defender but one year left.

Some people need spoon feeding. You're one of them.

The instant Gallas signs on the dotted line for us he'll be worth at least £10m to £15m.

He is a world class central defender and a very good full back on either the left or right hand side.

Plus £5m.

How much do you think Cole will be worth this time next year with one year left on his contract?

If you really think that is a bad deal then you need to come back down to Earth and join the rest of us in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom