• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Gallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

oreo

I like him but then chelski would never sell him to us. I bet he'll be heading to AC Milan.

Mostarac

Established Member
He is not going to Milan as they have already bought Perea from Atletico Madrid, I expect him to end up at Juventus as the sucessor to Thuram. He has said himself in the past that Juventus is a very interesting club for him.

qs

Established Member
I can see why he'd like to play for us, and I can see why we'd want him. A Gallas Toure partenrship would be excellent. He's just the type of player we need.

However as was said Chelsea wont deal with us.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
asajoseph said:
I've always liked Gallas and his versatility, as well as his solidity in pretty much every position. Sadly, Chelsea would move heaven and earth not to sell him to us.
I don't think we could afford him anyway.

longrufus

Established Member
qs said:
A Gallas Toure partenrship would be excellent.

Disagree, they are very similiar types of defender and wouldnt work well as a partnership. Both are recovery style players. There needs to be a thinking defender in the CB line, like Adams, Senderos, Campbell (excluding this season).
Gallas is a very good player and a welcome addition to the squad, however he is off to better climates for sure.

elamita

for some reason i have a feeling that terry is not going to be looking that good. he has lost his recovery partner and to find another one chelsea will have to spend alot, and try many different things, and mourinho probably wouldn't let that happen. i would love him if he comes but he wouldn;t be a great partner for toure, he would probably replace him for the short time being. i would much rather see him in the defensive mid position, then again thats the reason he is movin, because he doesnt' want to play in a different position

Fosdic

Chelsea won't sell him to his ever-biggest rival! So the chance is rather slim.Anyway, he's a good man and maybe of great help to our defence.

kel varnsen

Established Member
heh, perfect chance to get back at chelsea for the whole cole affair. tap him up and sign him for close to nothing...

flaunt

The only reason we'd go after another Central Defender is if we sell Sol Campbell or another of our defenders. And if we sold one, maybe not even then.

Remember, we still have Justin Hoyte to return - and I sure hope that Wenger doesn't decide to sell him because he seems to be able to play right across the back four. In truth we might have a big logjam of players in defense.

Right Back.
Lauren & Eboue, plus Hoyte

Left Back.
Cole & Clichy, plus Flamini & Hoyte

Centre Backs
Toure, Senderos, Campbell, Djourou, plus Hoyte

We have developed 10 talented defenders for 4 slots. Gallas is talented, but does he have the Arsenal spirit? Previous comments about us in the past prove he hasn't. Griping about his playing position shows he might be Kieron Dyer in disguise. (Or was it Jenas? I forget.)

mariaines

longrufus said:
i think he is barca bound, they wanted him in summer. Although i think Real Madrid would be a likely target. Dont think he would come to us or any other team in england, always liked him though

really? 8) i had no idea.. he would be a good signing i suppose.. but i don't know his position.. is he left/right back or something like that?? i don't watch chelsea regularly and the very few opportunities i haven seen them playing.. just saw some embarrased defenders.. 8) :D

mood

Isn't his contract expiring at the end of the year?

I hope we get him. The guy can operate anywhere in defence.

qs

Established Member
longrufus said:
qs said:
A Gallas Toure partenrship would be excellent.

Disagree, they are very similiar types of defender and wouldnt work well as a partnership. Both are recovery style players. There needs to be a thinking defender in the CB line, like Adams, Senderos, Campbell (excluding this season).
Gallas is a very good player and a welcome addition to the squad, however he is off to better climates for sure.

See Id disagree with that assessment entirely. Gallas is positionally excellent, he reads the game like very few others. When John Terry goes gung ho to win a header 35 yeards out leaving the defense exposed its Gallas and Makelele who read whats gonna happen next and reform the defense before Terry can run back to stick his hand in the way of the shot. Gallas is an excellent, and very IMO underrated, player

kel varnsen

Established Member
mood said:
Isn't his contract expiring at the end of the year?

I hope we get him. The guy can operate anywhere in defence.

nope, 2008, but that's not important. the point is when did he sign his last contract, how old was he when he signed it and how long was the contract...

Tegh

Established Member
Pretty obvious we weren't going to get him, it's apparently between Juve and AC.

Mostarac

Established Member
Tegh said:
Pretty obvious we weren't going to get him, it's apparently between Juve and AC.

True. Good to see that he is not going to chose Juventus ahead of Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom