• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Gallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostarac

Established Member
Tegh said:
We should have beaten them by then. ;)

Haha, yeah. Too bad that such a good player like Gallas is not interested in other English clubs(mostly us) when it comes to his transfer.

Tegh

Established Member
I'd love him at Arsenal.
He could give our current players competition for a starting place.

gstew

Tegh said:
I'd love him at Arsenal.
He could give our current players competition for a starting place.
Competition????

IMHO Gallas and Kolo have been the two best defenders in the Premiership this year. And I can't think of a defender who has been better over the past four years than Gallas. He is the one player I do not want to see man marking Henry.

Tegh

Established Member
Yes, competition.
I am fully aware of how talented he is, but Senderos has been exceptional in recent weeks, and Gallas would have to earn his spot, he cant just walk into the first team. It would be great to see Gallas's ability rub off onto Senderos and Djourou alike.

gstew

Tegh said:
Yes, competition.
I am fully aware of how talented he is, but Senderos has been exceptional in recent weeks, and Gallas would have to earn his spot, he cant just walk into the first team. It would be great to see Gallas's ability rub off onto Senderos and Djourou alike.
No insult intended to our current players and I do believe in everyone competing every day. But I believe that Gallas is a different class than all of our defenders bar Cole and Toure. I just don't see Phil approaching his excellence for a few years. If Phil does improve that much and that quickly, we will have the best CD partnership in the world.

famous no 10

Established Member
flaunt said:
The only reason we'd go after another Central Defender is if we sell Sol Campbell or another of our defenders. And if we sold one, maybe not even then.

Remember, we still have Justin Hoyte to return - and I sure hope that Wenger doesn't decide to sell him because he seems to be able to play right across the back four. In truth we might have a big logjam of players in defense.

Right Back.
Lauren & Eboue, plus Hoyte

Left Back.
Cole & Clichy, plus Flamini & Hoyte

Centre Backs
Toure, Senderos, Campbell, Djourou, plus Hoyte

We have developed 10 talented defenders for 4 slots. Gallas is talented, but does he have the Arsenal spirit? Previous comments about us in the past prove he hasn't. Griping about his playing position shows he might be Kieron Dyer in disguise. (Or was it Jenas? I forget.)

you're forgetting the great pascal zidane!

Ricky_AFC

I think he is a great player and would welcome him to Arsenal.

Never going to happen though, chelsea will not sell to us, threads linking their players to us are ointless.

Legend#1

Established Member
William Gallas To Arsenal?

Premiership round-up: Gallas to Gunners?

Eurosport - JM 28/03/06

Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing Chelsea defender William Gallas, according to the player's agent. The France international has been growing increasingly frustrated at having to play in a host of different roles at Stamford Bridge, and has already been linked with a move to Italy.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/sport_sto857948.shtml

I think he's a **** of a man, but he's a world class CB, and would be a wonderful signing, he's experienced and at the right age, he knows England inside out and a Gallas/Kolo partnership would be awesome.

I, however, don't think it'll happen, since I think he'll be off abroad.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
he said he wants to play in a different league and he confirmed that Milan is interested with him and so does he...

but gallas is just too much of a quality to play there...

come to arsenal mate...

you'll be surprised for sure

awooga83

Established Member
Would be a great player for us to sign but Chelsea won't sell him to us and he wants another challenge in a different league.

RammiXP

the issue of chelsea selling is a non issue as the points made above suggest!

its wether he wants to come to us or not that is the real issue!

Kenji

Re: William Gallas To Arsenal?

Premiership round-up: Gallas to Gunners?

Eurosport - JM 28/03/06

Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing Chelsea defender William Gallas, according to the player's agent. The France international has been growing increasingly frustrated at having to play in a host of different roles at Stamford Bridge, and has already been linked with a move to Italy.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/sport_sto857948.shtml
It's an old news
He's good but I don't believe he'll come to us... :?

James

Established Member
Gallas would be a fantastic signing, but i can't see Chelsea letting him go to us for any amount, and it looks like he's on his way to Milan anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom