William Gallas

Discussion in 'Players' started by 1970*Gooner, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1970*Gooner

1970*Gooner Member

I would just like to know what peoples views are about Gallas and his lack of action due to his injury. What was his sick record like at Chelsea..? why is he not playing? I hope we have not got another player who self diagnosis himself just a little disappointed that he has not had more games.

2. Biggus

Biggus New Member Elite

Gallas is not Arsenal through and through.

He is a player who came to the club late (in bizzare circumstances) and maybe does not understand our ethos.....
    You see I remember his many press utterances.
    Having said that: he is a veteran international and highly professional (Take note Cashley) and that is just what we at the present with our young team.

3. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

It'd be nice to have Gallas back. Our defending lately has been rather gash, it's only the goalscoring of the attack that's overshadowed it. If we had lost some of these games we'd all be having a right moan about it.

For instance, Kuijt shouldn't have scored, somebody should have been picking him up the whole time. In my view, Gallas is a better defensive organiser than Toure is. I think we've missed his presence at the back for awhile. Can't wait for his return.

4. Neo

Neo New Member

I think he was great in the begining of the season, I cant wait to see him back!

Singing...We swapped a willy, we swapped a willy, we swapped a willy for a ****.

5. Allyboy

Allyboy New Member Elite

I might be getting paranoid, but he is out for ANOTHER 2-3 weeks.

Im sure this happened with Wiltord, Kanu and Cole, all who kept being pushed back and pushed back and who all left the club eventually.

I really hope im over reacting, but I do wonder if he is looking to leave and Wenger isn't playing him as a result. Bare in mind Ralph might be off and he isn't getting played either!

6. YuenBiaoFan

YuenBiaoFan New Member Trusted

"Gallas was close to coming back but he had a little setback again," said Wenger. "I don't think we will see Gallas for another two or three weeks.

Hmmmmm

7. MightyArsenal

MightyArsenal New Member

I really dont think its because he wants to leave..hes only played a few games. And in those games hes looked like hes enjoyed himself. Not too mention the french/african connection at the club, there should be no reason for him wanting to leave.

8. Gooner T

Gooner T New Member

dont be stupid guys... its just an injury setback. Gallas in NOT leaving!

9. famous no 10

famous no 10 New Member Elite

He's just been unlucky that's all.

Pity, we need him with some big games coming up.

10. YuenBiaoFan

We'll be fine with Senderos, Djourou and Kolo.

11. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

we need gallas, im so pissed at our injuries.

****ing sol campbell only missed 1 or 2 games for pompey

whats the deal????

12. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

its getting a bit suspicious now. theres only so far you can push it back before people start asking questions.

13. awooga83

awooga83 New Member Trusted

I'm not sure about this it does seem almost farcical every now and again he is about to return and then no he hasn't made it.

The one thing which concerned me when the Gallas transfer went through is his reason for coming or his motivation. I just couldn't see it and i saw nothing released or from interviews that gave me a clear sign of what it was and it is still something i am worried about today, these little injury things don't help to placate it.

What ever his mindset i think it will be something that will always leave me slightly uneasy about Gallas being here, while other people said it was because we were a great club etc and Wenger and Henry, i'm still not sure and i wonder whther at the time the move was just about hurting Chelsea.

I suppose time will eventually tell which way it is.

14. Alfonso

Alfonso New Member Elite

I dont know mate. We play a lot of games in Jan, and a lot of games in a short period of time, as well as them being big games. Having only 3 CB's means there is going to be an issue with fatigue.

Right now Kolo Toure has become the most important player at the club, because im not confident with a Senderos Djorou partnership at all. Too young, and too inexpereineced, therefore lack of communication, as we saw against Chelsea away. If Toure gets injured were simply ****ed now. We should wrap him up on cotton wool.

But Toure is not going to play Man Utd Spurs Bolton Spurs, so im affraid one or two of those games we going to have the young swiss duo as our centre backs, and that makes me very woried.

Can we get Sol Campbell on loan please?

:?
    Can Lauren play emergency centre back?

15. famous no 10

famous no 10 New Member Elite

Well, my mate {a season ticket holder at Chelsea} said that it was common knowledge at the club that Gallas wanted to join Henry at Arsenal for quite a while...he seemed happy enough to me to be with us, and why not?

He's injured ffs, **** happens.

16. marco

marco New Member Trusted

at first i thought gallas was getting bit of a break post injury because of too much football last year.
    think wenger really wants him ready for champions league

17. YuenBiaoFan

Wengr doesnt get too concerned with defensive fatigue, he often says they don't need an awful lot of rest compared to other players.

Senderos & Djourou are a more than capable partnership, they work well together much in the same way as Toure and Senderos.

Of course having Gallas back is better than not having him at all but those 3 are more than capable of seeing us through until he does eventually return.

That is of course unless one of them gets injured :oops:

18. KingReyes

KingReyes New Member Trusted

So is Gallas going to have setbacks for the next 4 to 5 months?

19. ronitc

ronitc New Member

I've been hesitant to comment up till now but this Gallas situation is a f*cking joke. Farce does not quite describe it. His original injury several months ago now it seems like had him out for a week or two, and every time he has come close to fitness he has mysteriously suffered a "setback" for another two weeks. I can't believe this to be honest, he's our best defender and has played a handful of games over HALF a season.

I was really hoping to see Gallas back maybe as a sub for one of the two Liverpool matches, or perhaps against Blackburn but it looks like we won't hear of him till late January, at which point he will likely have another setback.

20. Gunner4Eva

Gunner4Eva New Member Trusted

It's disappointing to see him injured again, but all we can do is hope he has a speedy recovery.

I, for one, am not buying or even willing to consider the fact that Wenger is trying to "push him out" of Arsenal.

Call me narrow minded, but I think it's a load of bullocks, of the sweaty variety!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.