William Gallas

Discussion in 'Players' started by 1970*Gooner, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lagos

lagos New Member Elite

I knew people would come round to my way of thinking. I have had enough of Gallas, as a captain and as a defender!

2. TomasCR

TomasCR New Member Trusted

When the **** will he learn how to defend in the air! Idiot!

3. kamikaze80

kamikaze80 New Member Elite

i dont disagree, he's been a huge liability on set pieces for us, which is strange because he's so dangerous for us at the other end.

you have to remember though, he has an amazing knack of scoring vital winning or equalising goals. whether his net contribution is negative or positive, i'm not sure. none of us have forgotten his reaction at b'ham, but he's bailed us out on numerous occasions as well. we have to factor that into the equation before we decide he's useless and should be sold.

i, for one, don't think djourou is reliable enough to be trusted at the back. then again, you could argue gallas' weakness in the air presents an equally troubling liability.

4. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

Simple solution: drop him. We don't have any world class defenders to replace him but what the hey, might as well give Song or Djourou a chance.

5. qs

qs New Member Elite

**** his goals, play him up front if thats what we want from him. His jobs is to defend and he's failing miserably.

I'm not entirely sure if Djourou can do it either yet, but I've been shown time and time again that Gallas can't and I've had enough of him.

6. TomasCR

He shouldn´t be sold, he just needs to sit on the bench and realizes that a defender who can´t defend in the air is not a good defender, that´s all...

7. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

Amen.

8. number_0

number_0 Member

I dont really dislike gallas nor toure, but those 2 shouldnt play together, ever.
    I really thought that senderos deserved to start for us after last season, despite what happened in anfield, we will keep on conceeding these type of goals all season.

9. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

Where's that YBF moron gone?

Anyway, Gallas, Gallas, Gallas.

10. arsenalfc0719

arsenalfc0719 Member

Selling Senderos was a big mistake.

Drop Gallas for Djourou.

Gallas is a ****ing joke.

11. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

Senderos is a bigger clown. I know he can be fantastic in his days but so can Gallas. The problem is, they rarely play like that.

12. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

It's a shame that our only defender who can head the ball (for all his faults) is at Milan. Our next option is Djourou, who is even worse in the air than Gallas. Wenger has manoeuvred himself into a great position again: weakest link in the team who he can't drop because he's the captain. Deja vu.

13. Invincible

Invincible New Member

Drop him, no no stick him in the reserves and promote one of the young lads who actually give a ****.

14. Shadow Moses

Shadow Moses Well-Known Member

You lot need to stop with Senderos crap. It's like some here suffer from selective memory loss. How many times did Senderos blunder last season or the season before? Did you forget all the Drogba meetings or the UCL game at Anfield? He's as much a liability as Gallas.

15. TomasCR

But Wenger would have to take his amrband off to drop him for Djourou, can´t see this happening to be honest.

16. Invincible

Invincible New Member

He can actually head the ball.

17. awooga83

awooga83 New Member Trusted

Yeah that doesn't mean he can single handedly stop us conceding we concede goal like this when he was in the team as well.

18. Nela

Nela New Member

For all his weaknesses, we actually conceded fewere goals when Senderos was playing than when he wasn't.

19. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Since Gallas has joined us he isnt the Gallas who has played with Chelsea. its really time for him to step up defensivly wise,otherwise its time for another.

20. RockyRocastle

RockyRocastle New Member Trusted

He switched off at the corner, and was a criminal mistake.

But apart from that I dont think he was too bad, especially in comparison the darlings Cesc, Van Persie and Walcott.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.