• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Sweet let's make Saliba resent us. Good one.

Why are we always in the middle of these cheap moves, keeping strong relationships with clubs is more important than 2.5mil pounds or whatever it was?!

We did the same with Bordeaux in the Koscielny deal. Pathetic.

Raul ruining the clubs reputation, disappointing.

You lot are embarrassing, I hate this type of Arsenal fan :facepalm:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I thought we did well to show willingness to let him play an important game for him even though we had no reason to let him. We gave them the terms. They balked. It's on the other club for being unreasonable. Arsenal finally showed a backbone to these small time clubs. It's about time.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hit me how young he is the other day. Honestly thought he was 21/22, not 19.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Good stuff. No more **** FC.

So really it’s about the money for ASS, not having Saliba play. Tough luck you missed out on 2.5M because of the pandemic, guess what, every other club lost money too. Don’t see anyone lining up to give Arsenal some extra cash. Great decision from the club, nothing to complain about.

#WelcomeSaliba

razörist

BNJR.gif
Even David Luiz doesn’t mention that 2014 WC semi to anyone.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Let me get this straight. We paid St. Etienne £30m, one of the highest fees ever paid for a teenager. Then they demanded we loan him back to them or they wouldn't sell him to us at all. Then because of an unforseen global pandemic his 1 year loan came to an end while they still had a game left to play. We still agreed to extend his loan provided they follow some of our instructions and didn't charge us for the favour of borrowing OUR player.

If that wasn't cheeky enough they felt so incensed we didn't comply with their outragous demands they felt the need to go public and tell the world about this great injustice.

And some of our fans think we are in the wrong? Wtf

razörist

Let me get this straight. We paid St. Etienne £30m, one of the highest fees ever paid for a teenager. Then they demanded we loan him back to them or they wouldn't sell him to us at all. Then because of an unforseen global pandemic his 1 year loan came to an end while they still had a game left to play. We still agreed to extend his loan provided they follow some of our instructions and didn't charge us for the favour of borrowing OUR player.

If that wasn't cheeky enough they felt so incensed we didn't comply with their outragous demands they felt the need to go public and tell the world about this great injustice.

And some of our fans think we are in the wrong? Wtf
Only the usual beta-squad think we’re in the wrong here tbf.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why help a team that tried to f**k us over? St Etienne have been playing hardball and were making it very difficult during our negotiations for Saliba. There was a point were we didn’t think we’d get Saliba and we thought he was off to Sp**s.

I think the club made the right decision on this one as financially we’re putting him at risk for this French Cup which is clearly not in our interest and has no benefit to our club.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Even David Luiz doesn’t mention that 2014 WC semi to anyone.

You know how mums are usually so proud of their children they fondly remember/mention any big events their children participated in? Like even the times you were embarrassed at school sports day and came 8th or something.

Well I bet even Luiz' mum doesn't mention that WC semi to anyone.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
St.Etienne can **** right off. I'm dissapointed that Saliba has been in the middle of this and won't get to play in a cup final, but we aren't to blame.

What business is going to give up 2.5m for their player to play in one game which can potentially injure him (considering they arent complying to whatever we asked). Arsenal fans want to see Saliba in pre season so he can settle in well.

Yes he would have played those 17 games if it wasnt for corona, but at the end of the day everything changed. Finally we aren't Charity FC. The only issue would be if we really let Saliba down but if he understands the situation this was a good move to make.

razörist

You know how mums are usually so proud of their children they fondly remember/mention any big events their children participated in? Like even the times you were embarrassed at school sports day and came 8th or something.

Well I bet even Luiz' mum doesn't mention that WC semi to anyone.
Brilliant. :D

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The people complaining we didn't give in to St Etienne are the same people that call us charity FC and complain we didn't get a fictional £20m for Mhikitataryan that was never on offer

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The club was right with this one, St Etienne being difficult here.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The people complaining we didn't give in to St Etienne are the same people that call us charity FC and complain we didn't get a fictional £20m for Mhikitataryan that was never on offer
We did the right thing. Offered them Saliba to allow them a chance in the final (€2m prize apparently) and a young man to fulfill his dream, but they demanded straight money as they know they’re never going to beat PSG anyway.

Saliba now knows he would have only been used for the guaranteed money. Bet they’d let him feature injured to grab that cash.

Now they have nothing but a glass full of Don Raul’s BDE.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We had to pay to extend certain loans and contracts to play out this season, St Étienne are hardly alone. It'd be ridiculous of us to pay them, it's generous enough that we considered letting him play out the season there.

I find it extremely unprofessional of them to put out such a negative statement towards us, they were being greedy and we had every right not to comply.

Yeah, I don't know the ins and outs of Saliba's contract, but if there's a clause about paying them X amount if he plays 17 matches, I'm sure both parties expected him to play that many matches and that Arsenal would pay X amount of money.

COVID-19 changed everything and St. Etienne probably really need that money now because they weren't in a good financial situation even before COVID-19.

That message is pretty unprofessional, but who cares. Winning a cup final would probably result in them getting a good chunk of change, and then plus the Arsenal money, so they're obviously freaking out cause they need the cash.

This sucks for St. Etienne, but we obviously should not let him play if it will cost us that much money.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
As long as Saliba understands our position and St Ettienne lose, I'm happy. He should be here next week reading up on his special training regime.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If Saliba is fine with it then sure, a cup final is great experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom