<

William Saliba: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by yousif_arsenal, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

When Wenger was here I rememeber reading lots of articles about Arsenal being **** in negotiations and that agents hated working with us :lol:
    GFFN are scum

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    NieThePiet, Artisan, Camron and 11 others like this.
  2. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

From one ASSE team to another. Welcome William Saliba.

Artisan likes this.
  3. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

I mean I understand their point of view. They agreed that Arsenal has to pay 2.5m if he plays 1/3 of the games. This clause is that he plays enough. And they played him more than 1/3 of the time but now the season is over.

4. Marjorie

Marjorie Thread Monopolizer

We're the ones taking all the risk letting him play for them after the loan contract is up, so there's gotta be a compromise on their side. **** 'em.

5. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Unluckeeeee we all lose money because of Corona. How many more transfers are there with play x amount of games or score x amount of goals that are not fulfilled in France or Holland who ended the comps early. Boehoe, **** happens. Go complain at your FA.

6. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Arsenal hated by English media for being too French. Arsenal hated by French media for being... too French.. Ok..

7. Shalmaneser V

Shalmaneser V Well-Known Member

Watched a re-run of St Etienne’s cup semi final win over Monaco last night just to scout Saliba.

Must say he looked impressive. Physically very dominant. Composed, read the game well and can pass. Reminded me a little bit of a young Rio Ferdinand.

8. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

The boss here reminding us why Saliba should play next season. He'll make mistakes, but it's the right thing to do.

9. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

"If I play a 28 year old centreback, maybe less talented...he will cost me less points (than a 20 year old)"

"At 23/24, you have a player"

Mrs Bergkamp and dashsnow17 like this.
  10. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Saliba will be starting but he still needs a good partner. Although maybe he and Luiz could work. Time will tell.

11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Only thing i hope that fans show bit of patience wirh him he'll definitely have games when he'll struggle

12. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Would listen to Wenger explain to me the best way to peel a banana. What a great man.

13. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Saliba is getting abused after his first loss in the Arsenal shirt, no doubt about it.

Artisan and Camron like this.
  14. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Good luck!

dashsnow17 likes this.
  15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes not happening modern fans want quick things to happen i blame fifa and football manager for that

16. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

It's not just that - it's also the desperation borne out of our fall from grace post-Wenger. Fans are living on their nerves because they want to see us back in the CL and challenging for trophies as soon as possible, partly because they don't want to deal with the corn that we give out to other clubs and teams.

Ending up lower than you normally would be lends itself to short term thinking to get yourself back to where you were and beyond. While I encourage a more long term approach and have done for a while, it does not surprise me that people don't care about that, especially now when we are the worst we have been for a long time.

17. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

It doesn't help that he's been hyped up so much. Most people haven't watched him play, yet the expectations for him are sky high. It's not reasonable to expect a teenage cb to be a starter, very few are good and mature enough for that, but it seems if he can't do that people will be disappointed.

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Can he play against Watford?

19. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

People who have watched him play say that he's very good. He'll make mistakes, but he's good enough to be playing a lot of games for us next season. It's risk vs reward. We suffer a short-term risk, but long-term we stand to gain an elite CB for years to come.

I'd have him and Luiz as our CB partnership next season, with Mari and Chambers as back-ups.

20. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Ideally we'll buy a new 1st choice cb. If that doesn't happen I'm all for giving Saliba the chance, I love his physical profile and have high hopes for him after what I've heard. I just have this feeling he's not going to be trusted as a starter straight away and it's going to lead to disappointment or undervaluing his talent when it really shouldn't..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.