<

William Saliba: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by yousif_arsenal, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

[​IMG]

2. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

I actually think he will get quite a bit of patience. I think his potential will be obvious from the start and that will be a major difference between him and the likes of Mustafi, Chambers and Holding, players that make mistakes regularly and whose highest level is not that great anyway.

3. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

I hope you are right, it would certainly be a novelty. AFTV sharpening their knives as we speak...

4. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

17 is less than 1/3 of matches though...

5. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Feel so sorry for this lad, he's gonna be slaughtered next season on here. The expectations surrounding him are far too high for a teenager, he'll make mistakes, he won't magically fix our defence either. He'll be crucified I bet.

NieThePiet, tcahill, krengon and 5 others like this.
  6. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

You underestimate him. Expect another Tierney-esq player. People shat on Tierney tbf. People are stupid here sometimes. Hell be boss after half a season.

7. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

8. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

I said this and got told to shut it by the usuals and their fans.

It doesn’t bode well for him though, the reality of football and our fans expectations are far off.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  9. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

It is highly improbable that he'd be great straight away when he comes here.

Juve signed De ligt who's older & was an important part of a very good Ajax side. Even he hasn’t been that good early on playing for a great defensive team.

& here people expect he'll be great straight out of the gate after an injury laden season playing with this pile of crap.

I hope people are right & all but I'm just not that much of an optimist

10. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

I wonder what non footballing aspects the usual suspects will use to slander him though. He's not a midget. Regular haircut, not sure if he's into dancing...

11. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Don't think he's vegan either

12. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

I remember him saying this/similar. He makes it sound so simple and for intelligent,dedicated players, it is. I miss Wenger.

13. Tom349

Tom349 Well-Known Member

Literally all he needs to do is not be a complete and utter moron and he will an upgrade on our current options. You watch Kolasanic especially when we went to a back 4 against Villa and Musafi in the last 15 vs Sp*rs and you're left bewildered by how they get themselves in those positions. Like when Kolsanic got easily spun and had to make a foul and receive the yellow, he made that so easy for his opponent. I don't think for one second we will have the same issues with Saliba, sure he will make a mistake from time to time but in general his defence will be reliable.

14. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

doesn't take much to be an upgrade does it? Our best centre back since lockdown has been a 1.78 cm left back playing out of position

15. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Saliba's got the no. 4 shirt! Siuuuuu

Camron, Riou and HairSprayGooners like this.
  16. dashsnow17

17. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

God I hate this logic, you’re putting the development of 1 player over the club. Then what happens when that player does develop? They F off the first chance they get.

Also when has Arsène ever done that for a CB? Only one I can think of is Koscielny and he was an accident waiting to happen every time he played.

krengon and <<reed>> like this.
  18. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

You guys are running from ghosts that aren’t chasing you.

sdotzdot likes this.
  19. dashsnow17

Ok, Jose.

20. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

And you think you’re Arsène?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.