• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I know scoring an own goal is never good...

But if you did a comp of his match yesterday and only left out that OG, it was another quality game by him...Vardy didn't have a shot, I think.

Ability and temperament (especially to not let a character like Vardy get in his head after the goal) he's got it all.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Actually hilarious watching posters who wanted him to play 40 games a season in PL 2 years ago ripping into him for unfortunate mistake. Just duck off.

Bro what on earth are you talking about, literally everyone to a T is being supportive and understanding?

I don't think I've read a single unreasonable comment about him since his mistake?

But if you want to tag the posts please do.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

E1cvb8oX0Ac1rU5.png

...nice of Saliba to bring his son to work with him yesterday, not so nice that he did that knowing Wesley would get the run around by Gabby though.

Not sure William will be getting a Father's Day card this year!

Naa this post is underrated, sh!t has me creasing :lol: :lol:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
People shoving ramsdale under the buss for a cb heading it in, the cope on this forum sometimes.

"Another player was in a bad position, of course he headed the ball into our own goal, it's not his fault"

Jackie_Treehorn

People shoving ramsdale under the buss for a cb heading it in, the cope on this forum sometimes.

"Another player was in a bad position, of course he headed the ball into our own goal, it's not his fault"
Are people throwing him under the bus? I’ve read comments about both needing to communicate better and maybe Ramsdale should’ve come for that ball. Looked to me like Saliba was left with difficult options because letting it go to Vardy is likely a tap in. I didn’t get the impression that people were all over Ramsdale though. Maybe I missed something. I think both made mistakes. Good thing it didn’t matter in the result.

D

Deleted member 102404

Agree with this
No fault at Ramsdale’s door.
It was just a mistake by Saliba in an otherwise good performance
I am confident he will continue to improve and right now is doing well in his first season at this level. He will make mistakes but then so will every other CB in the league.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Are people throwing him under the bus? I’ve read comments about both needing to communicate better and maybe Ramsdale should’ve come for that ball. Looked to me like Saliba was left with difficult options because letting it go to Vardy is likely a tap in. I didn’t get the impression that people were all over Ramsdale though. Maybe I missed something. I think both made mistakes. Good thing it didn’t matter in the result.
Yes, hence my comment. Some were more reasonable. Maybe they should write in ramsey's thread about his mistake. The reason they are naming him here is because they don't want to blame Saliba fully for his mistake.
Love Saliba, but it was his mistake and his alone, people are basically saying it's less of a fault for Saliba because it was a hard situation. We need cb's to deal with hard sitautons. Saliba looks like he kicked on, love to see it, and hopefully learned from it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Received a monumental amount of support in the stadium after his OG from “The Worst Fans In The World (TM)”

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If Saliba is frequently making errors over the next 3-4 years ( which I don't believe he will be) fans will start getting on his back too. You can only have so much patience with underperforming players after all.
I've said before the season that he will cost us a few goals like he did at Marseille last season, although I think this one was a bit unfortunate rather than a clear mistake.

You could see from the fans and his teammates how good they feel about him, even after the goal everyone was behind him knowing how important and good he is, which is far more important than messing up a few goals every season (which I believe every top CB does during the season, Sergio Ramos would be a great example of that)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom