• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

**** source but whatever
6bf7c9b22539fa0f3972e6a0a7e38314.gif

bergholt

In that case why would any of our decent players re sign? Just because United are stupid enough to pay players that price why should we do the same?

Salah could earn more elsewhere but stayed at Liverpool. Nunez could have earned double what he earns at Liverpool by joining United. Why didn't he go?

Timber rejected a move to United despite being offered a huge salary rise.

Money is not everything in a footballers mind. It is a significant factor but it isn't everything.

If you say Real offer him more money then I would get why he wouldn't sign. A club where he is guaranteed to win things. But to join a club the same level or worse for an extra 50k doesn't make much sense to me. Also Manchester is a **** hole.

Yeah fair point but they were just an example. Real should probably sign him to replace Vallejo in their next gen defence, though I guess he'd have to get ahead of Alaba and Rudiger and Nacho to get a game. Whereas we can guarantee him first choice.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah fair point but they were just an example. Real should probably sign him to replace Vallejo in their next gen defence, though I guess he'd have to get ahead of Alaba and Rudiger and Nacho to get a game. Whereas we can guarantee him first choice.
I think at 21 he should take the say 150k, sign say 3 year extension meaning he would have 4 years contract. In 2 or 3 years he would be 24 and would again have the power to either negotiate to 200k+ or move to an elite team. I think that's his best option unless someone like City or Real/Barcelona come in with an incredible offer both financially and titles chances. Especially if we fail to get top 4.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think at 21 he should take the say 150k, sign say 3 year extension meaning he would have 4 years contract. In 2 or 3 years he would be 24 and would again have the power to either negotiate to 200k+ or move to an elite team. I think that's his best option unless someone like City or Real/Barcelona come in with an incredible offer both financially and titles chances. Especially if we fail to get top 4.
Somehow I still trust Saka and Saliba to extend. Both are long time Arsenal fans.

Both are mature way beyond their years, clever guys, who should be able to know that starting at a rising Arsenal team at 21 years old, with great support and environment where they can flourish is something to cherish and continue for a couple more years at least.

There are many stories where a young player goes to a top team or changes team, gets frustrated and development stunted. Here they can make some mistakes and nothing bad happens. Ødegaard can whisper in Saliba's ear about what is wise for young players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Somehow I still trust Saka and Saliba to extend. Both are long time Arsenal fans.

Both are mature way beyond their years, clever guys, who should be able to know that starting at a rising Arsenal team at 21 years old, with great support and environment where they can flourish is something to cherish and continue for a couple more years at least.

There are many stories where a young player goes to a top team or changes team, gets frustrated and development stunted. Here they can make some mistakes and nothing bad happens. Ødegaard can whisper in Saliba's ear about what is wise for young players.
Fingers crossed mate. Would love nothing more than for us to announce after the World Cup (the most likely time given Saliba will want to see he can make the world cup here which he will easily) that Saka, Saliba and Martinelli have all signed new long term deals. That's a great core alongside the rest of the team.

We just need to keep this squad and add (if we can get CL next year) 2 top players to genuinely establish ourself as a strong top 4 club and maybe an outside chance of title.

bergholt

****ing hope so

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Well I read Brentford forum after the match, and many of their fans were in awe of Saliba and praised him even if they lost.

Your post here inspired me to go and read their forum and tbh a lot of them were very fair and said we were comfortable and outclassed them, which is how I see it as well. Fair play to them.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

As long as BotchTeta doesn’t pull a repeat of his solo botch job last season in the Cl. He again is wagering a ton on a thin defensive midfield with brittle Partey being the linchpin. Good players don’t like Thursdays in Kazakhstan

BIoodBrother

I fear PSG more than Real. Real have Militao and brought Alaba and Rüdiger in the last 14months.
PSG have Marquinhos, Ramos (36 - ending contract) and Kimpembe (was injured this weekend) and play 3CBs these days. Danilo (who's a DM) had to play LCB because they have no depth there it appears. Saliba being french and wanting to Link Up with his mate Mbappe + all time great Messi would only need to hear a rumour to make a come and get me plea at the end of the season. We'd probably still get 40mil for him if he continues like this.

bergholt

I fear PSG more than Real. Real have Militao and brought Alaba and Rüdiger in the last 14months.
PSG have Marquinhos, Ramos (36 - ending contract) and Kimpembe (was injured this weekend) and play 3CBs these days. Danilo (who's a DM) had to play LCB because they have no depth there it appears. Saliba being french and wanting to Link Up with his mate Mbappe + all time great Messi would only need to hear a rumour to make a come and get me plea at the end of the season. We'd probably still get 40mil for him if he continues like this.

Oh **** I forgot about PSG

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I don't follow international footie at all, is Saliba a chance to force his way into the French 1st team as a starter or is that still a bridge too far?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Should be looking at £150k a week or so. That's nearly quadrupling his wages.

Incentives these young players. Sign a long term contract but we'll look at the contract again in 18 months if performances continue to improve.

Same sort of thing should apply to Saka.

Yeah, double it now with trippling/quadruple it with some easy to trigger appearances bonus or whatever. Enough of a carrot for him to sign, but not enough that it'll make him unsellable if he turns into Mustafi for some reason.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don't follow international footie at all, is Saliba a chance to force his way into the French 1st team as a starter or is that still a bridge too far?

International football is a strange mix of trust and form. I think Deschamps will play the senior guys, but when you look at Varane's form, for instance, if Saliba gets a chance to be ahead, he stays that way.

From them it's just another injury or whatever away from starting.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, double it now with trippling/quadruple it with some easy to trigger appearances bonus or whatever. Enough of a carrot for him to sign, but not enough that it'll make him unsellable if he turns into Mustafi for some reason.
The thing is, there is little risk in such a decision, unlike those contracts with players at 28+ of age.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom