• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Disagree entirely. Saliba wasn't ready then at all to come into this team. We'd have been stuck with Holding at CB. Ben White is an absolute top player as well.
Are you saying that the last 12 months have turned him into a beast?
I mean the guy had more top flight experience than white before last year.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The Ben White signing never made sense and I have been saying it for a year, you could’ve just chucked Saliba in and spent that money on a CM. Yes he would’ve made mistakes but you expect and accept that from a young CB.

12 months on and Ben White doesn’t get in ahead of Gabriel/Saliba, and Saliba is in no hurry to extend.

I’m convinced a large portion of the fanbase would be understanding too since there was a lot of hype around him before we signed him.

Anyways, called it the summer we signed Ben White that it was an unnecessary signing especially after bringing in Tomiyasu. The 20m or whatever we paid for Lokonga + Ben White fee could have been used to address the midfield as that was easily a bigger priority. Had we brought in a Neves, Guimarães or someone of that mould we’d probably be playing in the CL this season and could have put an end to the cringeworthy chant “We’ve got Super Mik Arteta…Arsenal on the way to Champions League” 🤦🏽‍♂️

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Are you saying that the last 12 months have turned him into a beast?
I mean the guy had more top flight experience than white before last year.

They have helped massively, yes.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They have helped massively, yes.
I beg to differ.

Yes he got more play time at OM but I don't think those game time magically turned him into what he is.

He could have got those game time here if we'd spent those money on a CM like @GDeep™ said. He wouldn't have been much worse than white last year imo. Plus we would have had an able CM deputy for Partey during the run-in last season.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I beg to differ.

Yes he got more play time at OM but I don't think those game time magically turned him into what he is.

He could have got those game time here if we'd spent those money on a CM like @GDeep™ said. He wouldn't have been much worse than white last year imo. Plus we would have had an able CM deputy for Partey during the run-in last season.

I agreed at the time, why sign White when you have Saliba but it turned out much more than simply saying Saliba goes in at CB and we sign a CM.

Going to OM and playing regularly, getting YPOTY and regular call-ups for France has helped him a lot more than joining a young team, as a young player with no experience in the PL.

Everything about him joining this year has allowed him to thrive as a player. The risk obviously is him leaving.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What does that matter? Ornstein doesn’t have an agenda against Arsenal.

He's been nothing but wrong about Saliba anyways. The Athletic oversold the distance between Saliba and the club only for him to come back clearly (& visibly) buying into the process.

Genuinely not concerned about their recent report at all.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Man what more is there to add, composed even when Gabriel was losing his head.

What's crazy is how there'll be two/three opposing players around him and they don't faze him at all. A little twist and turn and he's out and he makes the pass.

Ridiculous. It's still my firm belief that he'll sign too, albeit the ball is now in his court in that regard.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Give this kid absolutely whatever he wants. One of the best performances I’ve seen in a long time. Clear MOTM for me in this game.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Turning with the ball like he was Partey

Same shortcomings actually, and at clear fault for their goal. I hope he doesn't learn more of the bad stuff

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Edu has one job. Saliba proven in number of games he top 5 center backs in league if Edu failed Psg will be on the case next summer to buy him not to mention most elite clubs too . Of course it's Saliba decision but i hope he stays because can't see us find generational cb like him

Latest posts+

Top Bottom