• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He calmly removed the ball from from one attacker and side stepped another just outside our box and 3 passes later it was goal for us.

His contribution to our back line is immense. He's the best CB we've had since Campbell.

And we'd do him a disservice if we don't upgrade his partner or, at the very least, shift Tomiyasu next to him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This was some special stuff - a CB outpacing a pacey winger and then shouldering him off the ball, so easy to forget he's 21 when he plays like this. Sign da ting!
Imagine David Luiz there, would be a straight red plus penalty!

His contribution to our back line is immense. He's the best CB we've had since Campbell.
One was a great defender and the other is the GOAT, nothing against Sol but it's the truth

D

Deleted member 102404

First elite French player we’ve had in decades.

However he’s a fan favourite so doesn’t get called out on his iffy moments but both vs Liverpool and Man Utd he’s been susceptible.
This is true.
However the mistakes vs Utd and again yesterday stand out so much because he’s been so good. It’s a big surprise when he makes any kind of error.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He's 21 FFS, first season with us...that's why people don't blame him.

Gabriel on the other hand has been here and is mature but still making silly mistakes. Such as the pen, poor clearance yesterday, the mitrovic goal.

GunnerShy

However he’s a fan favourite so doesn’t get called out on his iffy moments but both vs Liverpool and Man Utd he’s been susceptible.
A pessimist would say he's failed his two tests.

I think yesterday was a decent performance. The first goal was unfortunate to go through his legs, but you couldn't say he did anything wrong.

The second he got done by intelligent movement from Firminho. It happens.

There were some good moments in there too. It's probably too much to ask that he dominates these teams like he has the others yet. If he did, he really would be the goat.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This is true.
However the mistakes vs Utd and again yesterday stand out so much because he’s been so good. It’s a big surprise when he makes any kind of error.
Yeah I agree but that’s kind of what I’m getting at. I don’t think him and Gabriel are as solid vs the best which is fair enough as to why they’re the best players but I think he’s capable of going against anyone.

Maybe nerves or pressure of the big games getting to him rather than his actual ability.
A pessimist would say he's failed his two tests.

I think yesterday was a decent performance. The first goal was unfortunate to go through his legs, but you couldn't say he did anything wrong.

The second he got done by intelligent movement from Firminho. It happens.

There were some good moments in there too. It's probably too much to ask that he dominates these teams like he has the others yet. If he did, he really would be the goat.
Yeah it’s too much to ask for to dominate the best players but I do think he’s capable of it as I said I think maybe it’s an inexperience issue which stands out more because he players like he’s 30.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Great BBP post this from you, tbf.

As everyone praises me relentlessly, you find a way to have a cheeky dig at him...but at the same time praise him, but you are only really praise so you have have an even bigger dig at Kos/Laca.

Great stuff :lol:

Tell.

Genuinely has that Rolls Royce Aura about him. Even when looking shaky I feel attackers are shook to go up against him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You do feel by the time he retires, he will at the very least be as good as Campbell (whether that's here or elsewhere, is still unknown)

But as of right now, he still has a long way to go to be as good as Kolo was for us...do feel people forget how good prime Toure was for us, did it here for years consistently too.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He made a few errors during the game with his positional play which can be ironed out over time imo as I saw it on a few occasions when I watched Marseille last season but overall I love the way he glides across the pitch, his timed aggression (Gabriel needs to learn that) and the strength he shows.

Lad is destined for the top.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He calmly removed the ball from from one attacker and side stepped another just outside our box and 3 passes later it was goal for us.

He was born the year we signed Campbell lol

Bit premature he's barely played for us but so far he's looking ridiculous. He's made mistakes but literally every defender does that, he's saved us in loads of situations where barely any other defender in world football would have.

For under 30m his transfer fee will go down as a pisstake. We've seen him pocket Mbappe, want to see him do the same to Haaland next

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was born the year we signed Campbell lol

Bit premature he's barely played for us but so far he's looking ridiculous. He's made mistakes but literally every defender does that, he's saved us in loads of situations where barely any other defender in world football would have.

For under 30m his transfer fee will go down as a pisstake. We've seen him pocket Mbappe, want to see him do the same to Haaland next
He was superb against Kane too.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He and Gabriel got split for Liverpool's goals but an almost OG aside, it was just another day at the office. Love how he dealt with Dias

Gunners1616

Seems always focused.

Let's hope Mikel and Edu find a way to get that extension signed before the world cup. If there are still talks at the end of the season we will be in a horrible situation. Might have to pay him 250K£+ then or else he can go to any big club.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6

He made a few errors during the game with his positional play which can be ironed out over time imo as I saw it on a few occasions when I watched Marseille last season but overall I love the way he glides across the pitch, his timed aggression (Gabriel needs to learn that) and the strength he shows.

Lad is destined for the top.
Together with his teammates at Arsenal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom