• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Letting him go to the World Cup without signing a new contract is worrying.
Always said that he will renew after the WC at earliest because playing there he can demand more wages.

He will also want to be sure Arsenal is on the rise and almost guaranteed UCL next year before committing. And be sure he is a starter for a long period.

You can't force a player to sign a contract or deny him going to WC, because if you do he will not sign it for certain.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think there is a chance he doesn't start for France, that would be perfect for us!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Kimpembe himself probably wasn't going to start but be backup to Varane who can play LCB. If Deschamps plays two centre halves I'd expect him and Koundé simply for seniority reasons.

Then again he's nominated just one left back, Konaté played like 20 minutes this season etc a bunch of other harebrained calls so who really knows with him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All I know is Saliba is definitely the best CB in that squad, even though I don't want him to start.

He needs someone like Varane beside him to do the organising, as William seems a quiet lad.

But if Deschamps picks bums like Kounde or Konate ahead of him, then it will really prove what a dumbass (though very lucky) manager he is.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All I know is Saliba is definitely the best CB in that squad, even though I don't want him to start.

He needs someone like Varane beside him to do the organising, as William seems a quiet lad.

But if Deschamps picks bums like Kounde or Konate ahead of him, then it will really prove what a dumbass (though very lucky) manager he is.

TBF Kounde and Konate aren't bums. They'd start at most top clubs in the world.

But he's made far worse decisions than picking them over Saliba. He's a dogmatic pragmatist - ignored Benzema and Theo for years and always overlooks playmakers like Lemar, Payet, Fekir etc in favour of extremely vanilla footballers like Matuidi, Guendouzi and Rabiot.

Top Bottom