• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Then a minute later, the same Arsenal fan said that Saliba was already better than Kolo and Kos and is comparable to Campbell.

Gotta love our fanbase!

Lmao, these guys need to chill with these statements. It worries me because I feel like sometimes we big up players too much and then have a go at them too strongly if they make a mistake.

Saliba definitely has bags of potential and I can definitely see him reaching Van Dijk levels in the future if I'm honest. But he's still young and I just hope they keep the same energy when he inevitably slips up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lmao, these guys need to chill with these statements. It worries me because I feel like sometimes we big up players too much and then have a go at them too strongly if they make a mistake.

Saliba definitely has bags of potential and I can definitely see him reaching Van Dijk levels in the future if I'm honest. But he's still young and I just hope they keep the same energy when he inevitably slips up.

Riou in 2021, during his drought... "Auba <<< Ings, innit"

Riou in 2022, after his first mistake... "Saliba <<< Maguire, innit"

Gotta defend Mikel anyway I can, tbf!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's perfect that he's more of a "anticipator" kind of defender, than a "pressing" one...will really fit our team.

I guess Sol was also like that when he played with Kolo, but when he first arrived and played with Adams, Sol was one who engaged with attackers the most...so it's rare to find a defender, that can do both roles to an elite standard...so not expecting that.

But it's good to have a player that can fill the Mertesacker role for us again...some one who closes down angles, and cuts off attacks before they began...what Kos and Per did so well for us, can see William and Gabriel repeating.

One of my fav tackles ever...

...no fuss, just perfectly reads the attacker's mind, wins the ball and also starts a counter attack for us...can see Saliba doing this a lot in the future, from the few games I have seen him here.

Against Palace, he let Gabriel and White either side of him do most of the pressing, as he scanned for the best defensive positions to pick up between them, to make sure if they were beaten, we had cover.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The only thing he still doesn't have at present is VVD's passing range. If he adds the ability to ping those 40 or 50-yarders to his game, then I see him matching VVD.

I'd like to see him against Haaland. The best young CF in the world against the best CB in the world would be the ultimate battle of the ages.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It was mostly targeted towards GDeep trying to get Arsenal fans worry about it, when it is of zero use to worry about it yet for example because of the reason I stated.

GDeep tried to troll so I countered him with how silly worrying crybaby he only looks by bringing that up.

Anyone is free to worry about anything they like, whenever they like. But yeah, you got triggered it seems.

Besides Saliba came back, so it was of no use to worry about it like I have said for a long time. Even if he leaves next summer, we get good money. But yeah, strong minded people worry about these things?

It's waffle that you try to say I have suggested any other worrying is for the weak minded. Because I have not said so.

What a ****ing weirdo ****. Where did I troll or get anyone to worry about anything? All I said was “everyday without an extension is a worry”, others here are saying the same.

Clown.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The only thing he still doesn't have at present is VVD's passing range. If he adds the ability to ping those 40 or 50-yarders to his game, then I see him matching VVD.

I'd like to see him against Haaland. The best young CF in the world against the best CB in the world would be the ultimate battle of the ages.
It is way too early to judge him off of his single apparance which was a very good one at Palace.

Let's not try to heap pressure on the discussions around him here. I am sure he will have ups and downs as he adapts to the difficult challenges in PL, but hopefully that adaptation period brings him more resolve to become better (and does not break him down).

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is way too early to judge him off of his single apparance which was a very good one at Palace.

Let's not try to heap pressure on the discussions around him here. I am sure he will have ups and downs as he adapts to the difficult challenges in PL, but hopefully that adaptation period brings him more resolve to become better (and does not break him down).
I'm never been more sure of a talent coming good. Of course like every young CB he's going to have ups and downs. He still has a lot developing to do. Most CB only become ready at about 25-26. So it would be unfair to expect him to be world class every single game. Besides, he'll cost us a couple of goals this season. But it's all part of the learbing curve.

But I do see him winning the YPOTY award this season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What a ****ing weirdo ****. Where did I troll or get anyone to worry about anything? All I said was “everyday without an extension is a worry”, others here are saying the same.

Clown.
Sure, so maybe you should then welcome my explanation to ease your worry.

He won't renew for a while because he surely wants to see that Arteta plays him. The first time he might renew is likely after the World Cup, not before. If he gets to play there, he can demand more wages.

I hope you can sleep at night until that.

He might not renew even before next summer, because if he has a good season, he can demand more wages. And other clubs interest will raise his wages.

Even after that he might not renew, and you have then worried for over a year about something you can't control at all.

For me everything is a bonus now, so why worry.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Look at that poll above the thread, I made that when he joined 3 years ago. As far as I’m concerned those AFTV are only just catching up…

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
It's perfect that he's more of a "anticipator" kind of defender, than a "pressing" one...will really fit our team.

I guess Sol was also like that when he played with Kolo, but when he first arrived and played with Adams, Sol was one who engaged with attackers the most...so it's rare to find a defender, that can do both roles to an elite standard...so not expecting that.

But it's good to have a player that can fill the Mertesacker role for us again...some one who closes down angles, and cuts off attacks before they began...what Kos and Per did so well for us, can see William and Gabriel repeating.

One of my fav tackles ever...

...no fuss, just perfectly reads the attacker's mind, wins the ball and also starts a counter attack for us...can see Saliba doing this a lot in the future, from the few games I have seen him here.

Against Palace, he let Gabriel and White either side of him do most of the pressing, as he scanned for the best defensive positions to pick up between them, to make sure if they were beaten, we had cover.

Mertesacker straight up looked like Stretch Armstrong at times

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

But AM he hates arteta and he'll not play a minute for arsenal and will go somewhere else to be first choice so that he can stay in the French squad.

I read that, seems like Arteta didn't convince him to stay at all :lol:
Arteta also said this though and I hope some of you will listen:

While Saliba has made an impressive start to his Arsenal career, Arteta had urged supporters and pundits alike to stay level-headed about his progress.

“I think expectations and positive expectations are created when you see something special in a player and it’s obvious: they’ve seen that, they see the talent,” Arteta added.

“What I would say is, instead of doing that, just protect the player. Let’s protect him, let’s make sure he has the right environment to fulfil his potential and when things don’t go that well that we are as good as we are when things are going well.

and I could not agree more. I have always respected Arteta's reluctance to throw the youth in there because he knows how some of his own fans are like. I personally didn't want him here because of such fans, but he backs himself and is taking his spot by force and I cannot help but respect it. More power to him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Apart from the own goal, he was immense just like last game. Thankfully the og didn't cost us any points. So it will be quick to forget. Loved the fans support for him after that as well.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Another great performance.

Yeah he actually did really well in-spite of the mistake.

I know some will say; "tHat's wHAt mUSTafi dID", but Saliba has proven he's actually a cool head in general whilst on the pitch, whereas Mustafi was constantly doing rash things.

I knew he'd make a mistake (especially as a young defender) but not worried at all.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom