• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
The own goal was a miscommunication between him and Ramsdale, this is only their second competitive match together, the understanding will come, Saliba is easily the best defender at the club.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Best thing is he didn't let it get to him. Mustafi would've put his hands on his hips, complain about every other defender and crumble right afterwards. Would've probably post 🔙 🔛 🔝 after the match as well.
My favorite part about it was his response. Ben, Gabriel, or Xhaka would've sulked the rest of the match and caused a penalty but not Wilo.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The way he responded to the mistake is why we’ll forgive him. Not looking at others, or crying about it for the next five minutes, as we’ve seen with Mustafi etc.

Feel so assured with him at the back, having felt that way since the days of Mertesacker and Koscienly.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Need a video of the fans clapping his tackles etc after the own goal.

My stream went down so I missed it all.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He was superb once again, it's hard to believe he's only 21. Some of his interceptions- you only see guys who've been at the top level for 8+ years making.

I love how quickly he releases the ball too. He spots players in more advanced positions and just feeds it into them with minimal fuss.

We gotta get him tied down here ASAP.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
E1cvb8oX0Ac1rU5.png

...nice of Saliba to bring his son to work with him yesterday, not so nice that he did that knowing Wesley would get the run around by Gabby though.

Not sure William will be getting a Father's Day card this year!

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The support he got from the crowd and the team helped him massively and he reacted really well to it.
Mustafi never had that. If Mustafi made the mistake everyone blames him, including moaning and groaning from the crowd, such was the toxicity in the fanbase at the time. This would’ve damaged his confidence and would’ve damaged Saliba’s if the same happened yesterday.
It shows the importance of supporting your players when they make a mistake, no matter who they are or how old they are. Like Arteta says in all or nothing, he puts every mistake in the bin, it’s just something that happens.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Normally I would agree, but...

...no, he 100% needed to know how **** he was.
The reason he was **** was because he didn’t get support in the bad times. Besides, didn’t he do well at first? I remember Mustafi and Mertesacker going unbeaten for over 20 games, something like that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The support he got from the crowd and the team helped him massively and he reacted really well to it.
Mustafi never had that. If Mustafi made the mistake everyone blames him, including moaning and groaning from the crowd, such was the toxicity in the fanbase at the time. This would’ve damaged his confidence and would’ve damaged Saliba’s if the same happened yesterday.
It shows the importance of supporting your players when they make a mistake, no matter who they are or how old they are. Like Arteta says in all or nothing, he puts every mistake in the bin, it’s just something that happens.

I'm all for backing the players and having a positive attitude as a fan.

All that said Mustafi was a ticking time bomb. He didn't have the concentration to not drop clangers on the regular.

If Saliba is frequently making errors over the next 3-4 years ( which I don't believe he will be) fans will start getting on his back too. You can only have so much patience with underperforming players after all.

Actually hilarious watching posters who wanted him to play 40 games a season in PL 2 years ago ripping into him for unfortunate mistake. Just duck off.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'm all for backing the players and having a positive attitude as a fan.

All that said Mustafi was a ticking time bomb. He didn't have the concentration to not drop clangers on the regular.

If Saliba is frequently making errors over the next 3-4 years ( which I don't believe he will be) fans will start getting on his back too. You can only have so much patience with underperforming players after all.

He was also a serial offender.

It wasn't his first or second mistake.

Top Bottom