• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Tom Mix

That was a mistake for sure. There was enough time for him to adjust body position to head the ball out of harm's way. Just imagine if it was Mustafi making the same mistake.

He did bounce back from the mistake. The crowd at the Emirates supporting him sure helped.

He is still the same player who has high potential. I don't see this mistake changing that.
It was a mistake because it ended up in a goal but he had to go for it or Vardy scores. Ramsdale was in no-man's land and has to take some of the blame for causing Saliba to panic.

Me, I'd have hoofed it for a corner.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Me, I'd have hoofed it for a corner.
That's something that will change with Saliba here. I don't think he panics, I believe he tried to win the ball for us by heading it to Ramsdale who was out of position.

Saliba always tries to be smart with the ball, and it's something new for us after years of Mustafi, Luiz, and Holding who were happy to lose the ball for fun by kicking it somewhere and hoping for the best.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
“This is football,” said Xhaka. “People only see the own goal but maybe, hopefully, they’ll see what a game he had. This guy is 21. I think in his first game in the Premier League for Arsenal he was unbelievable.

<p>Granit Xhaka has no concerns over Arsenal defender William Saliba following his own goal</p>

Granit Xhaka has no concerns over Arsenal defender William Saliba following his own goal
/ Action Images via Reuters

“You can see how…he looks like he is 30. He has discipline and big character. He is not so loud, but he is a proper leader in my eyes.

“You can see he is amazing. He has a lot of quality and yeah, we forget the own goal because for 90 minutes he had a great, great game.”

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
With this quality, we will sell him next year for hefty money. I hope we manage to extend his contract though.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Well I'm sure if we can keep playing him, make him feel included and get into CL he'll stay.

I hope.......if he doesn't sign then at the least I hope we get a good fee for him in the summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Well I'm sure if we can keep playing him, make him feel included and get into CL he'll stay.

I hope.......if he doesn't sign then at the least I hope we get a good fee for him in the summer.
We won’t get a good fee with only 1 year remaining next summer.

He has to sign or we’re ****ed.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We won’t get a good fee with only 1 year remaining next summer.

He has to signed or we’re ****ed.

Yes ordinarily that is the case I won't lie. But, certain circumstances can conspire to make it so that we get a good fee if he decides to leave:

1. We need to play him consistently, doesn't matter if he's not signing, otherwise if we stop playing him it tanks his value. Play him and make sure we get the best out of him.

2. We need CL football. The more leverage we have as a team the less other teams will feel emboldened to bully us.

3. Edu or whoever is in negotiations needs to fix up in terms of letting players go. We've got to hold to our valuation of the player, I'm confident that he'll prove his worth this season enough that a team will pay good money for him.

I think City proved with Jesus that it can be done. However, for now let's not even worry about that. If Saliba players and we make CL football I'm confident that he signs :fcrossed:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Really looking forward to seeing him go up against the best of the best. He's been brilliant so far but let's be real, he's also primarily faced pretty poor attacks. Still, you can only play what is in front of you and he's barely put a foot wrong and been great in possession.

He's got all the tools to become one of the best PL defenders ever, and there's zero signs his development won't continue. He's taken a step up every season.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom