• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Yeah, double it now with trippling/quadruple it with some easy to trigger appearances bonus or whatever. Enough of a carrot for him to sign, but not enough that it'll make him unsellable if he turns into Mustafi for some reason.

Definitely.

Plus you can't be jumping a 21 year old £40k a week player to £250k or whatever. You've got to leave room for improved terms further down the line.

With these younger talents like Saliba and Saka we need to stop letting them get down to 1 or 1.5 years left. Bump them up a bit every 18-24 months and keep their contracts long, if we can.

I'm sure if Saliba keeps improving he'll be leaving in a few years irrespective. If a player wants to leave these days It doesn't really matter how long he's got, but a long term contract is the difference between getting £100m or £30m for him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Definitely.

Plus you can't be jumping a 21 year old £40k a week player to £250k or whatever. You've got to leave room for improved terms further down the line.

With these younger talents like Saliba and Saka we need to stop letting them get down to 1 or 1.5 years left. Bump them up a bit every 18-24 months and keep their contracts long, if we can.

I'm sure if Saliba keeps improving he'll be leaving in a few years irrespective. If a player wants to leave these days It doesn't really matter how long he's got, but a long term contract is the difference between getting £100m or £30m for him.

Can't have Edu doing his special with him ffs.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I fear PSG more than Real. Real have Militao and brought Alaba and Rüdiger in the last 14months.
PSG have Marquinhos, Ramos (36 - ending contract) and Kimpembe (was injured this weekend) and play 3CBs these days. Danilo (who's a DM) had to play LCB because they have no depth there it appears. Saliba being french and wanting to Link Up with his mate Mbappe + all time great Messi would only need to hear a rumour to make a come and get me plea at the end of the season. We'd probably still get 40mil for him if he continues like this.
No PSG is a backwards step. Mbappe is there purely for money nothing else. He has sacrificed ambition for money. Played Real and PSG off against each other.

There's no way Saliba swaps the PL or for example an opportunity at Real for PSG. Not now. It would literally be 0 challenge and what would he win? The French league. Na.

This boy if he leaves is going to the likes of a City, Real or Barcelona if they get their **** together.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
No PSG is a backwards step. Mbappe is there purely for money nothing else. He has sacrificed ambition for money. Played Real and PSG off against each other.

There's no way Saliba swaps the PL or for example an opportunity at Real for PSG. Not now. It would literally be 0 challenge and what would he win? The French league. Na.

This boy if he leaves is going to the likes of a City, Real or Barcelona if they get their **** together.

PSG are Mbappe's childhood club.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I fear PSG more than Real. Real have Militao and brought Alaba and Rüdiger in the last 14months.
PSG have Marquinhos, Ramos (36 - ending contract) and Kimpembe (was injured this weekend) and play 3CBs these days. Danilo (who's a DM) had to play LCB because they have no depth there it appears. Saliba being french and wanting to Link Up with his mate Mbappe + all time great Messi would only need to hear a rumour to make a come and get me plea at the end of the season. We'd probably still get 40mil for him if he continues like this.
What is the good thing regarding this, is that Saliba seems very ambitious. He already was one of the best CB's in France league. He has done it. So he could conquer EPL first and then do whatever he wants. Personally I wouldn't go back to France anymore, he deserves much better league and games than that.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Love was changing the mind of pretenders while chasing the clouds away.
Good Time Dancing GIF

TinFish

Tbf Mbatty does need someone to help film his off the pitch antics. Saliba is the perfect match. Can see him going PSG in a few years.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I watched one of Saliba's post match interviews. What an impressive personality, footballing abilities aside.

Clearly intelligent, has a bit of an aura about him, very well spoken, self confident but also humble.

You couldn't grow better representatives of the club in a lab than the likes of William or Saka.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm hearing Kounde had an ACL. Seems it's now a straight battle between him and Konate for that final world cup slot. But if we're being honest, it's not even a contest. Saliba is clear. But like always, The Deschamps factor is always there.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm hearing Kounde had an ACL. Seems it's now a straight battle between him and Konate for that final world cup slot. But if we're being honest, it's not even a contest. Saliba is clear. But like always, The Deschamps factor is always there.
Saliba's composure is what puts him clear. Definitely has VVD vibes.

Top Bottom