• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The times also report about new contract story he only earns 40k so i guess we'll be looking to double that at least.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The times also report about new contract story he only earns 40k so i guess we'll be looking to double that at least.
Saka will get like 200k per week. Saliba is the best CB prospect in the world, who has started and shined at Marseille for a full season and now is totally bossing EPL in his first season. I assume he will get like 150k pounds per week at least.

From recent examples, Fofana gets 200k pounds per week. Kounde currently 190k euros per week, and from 23/24 forward 250k euros per week if the information is correct.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saka will get like 200k per week. Saliba is the best CB prospect in the world, who has started and shined at Marseille for a full season and now is totally bossing EPL in his first season. I assume he will get like 150k euros per week at least.

From recent examples, Fofana gets 200k pounds per week, and Kounde from 23/24 forward 250k euros per week if the information is correct.
We aren't going that high suddenly fofana situation is different the max i think it'll be around 100k for Saliba

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We aren't going that high suddenly fofana situation is different the max i think it'll be around 100k for Saliba
Saliba has almost all the cards and he surely bets himself succeeding at a top club. So in this case I don't care much how big the salary is, for this kind of player you pay.

Fofana is very comparable, because if Saliba won't renew and leaves for free, he will get that amount. Fofana got that wage playing for Leicester, so if we sell him, he will also get similar wage.

So you have to pay him, he is worth at least 100 million with a long contract. If you pay 100k per week more for him for 5 years, it will make 24 million in total.

So I'm hoping for like 150k per week, because wage structure will add up.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Saliba has almost all the cards and he surely bets himself succeeding at a top club. So in this case I don't care much how big the salary is, for this kind of player you pay.

Fofana is very comparable, because if Saliba won't renew and leaves for free, he will get that amount. Fofana got that wage playing for Leicester, so if we sell him, he will also get similar wage.

So you have to pay him, he is worth at least 100 million with a long contract. If you pay 100k per week more for him for 5 years, it will make 24 million in total.

So I'm hoping for like 150k per week, because wage structure will add up.

Saliba isn’t going nowhere. He’ll sign a new deal, I can guarantee it. Relax.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
We need to pay Saliba whatever he wants; 150k - 200k p/w is definitely worth it and then some (if he's willing to accept less, he'll have done us a favor). He's a generational talent and our best CB age notwithstanding.

Wasn't the point of reducing our wage bill to free up space to pay quality players the amounts they'd command in the market? It's not like he's going to ask for 1million p/w.

The problem with Özil and Auba's contracts were that they weren't consistently performing to the standards their contracts would indicate. If we end up with the next Messi in our squad, are we going to ship him out because he doesn't fit our wage structure?

If he leaves to the likes of Madrid or Barca for sporting reasons, fair enough, but it'll be unforgivable if he leaves due to us cheaping out. We've experienced losing a generational player due to being cheap before, don't need to see that happen again.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
That’s what we’d prefer, but if he asks for 200k what are you going to do? I can’t remember a cb as talented as this.

Top Bottom