• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Saliba has almost all the cards and he surely bets himself succeeding at a top club. So in this case I don't care much how big the salary is, for this kind of player you pay.

Fofana is very comparable, because if Saliba won't renew and leaves for free, he will get that amount. Fofana got that wage playing for Leicester, so if we sell him, he will also get similar wage.

So you have to pay him, he is worth at least 100 million with a long contract. If you pay 100k per week more for him for 5 years, it will make 24 million in total.

So I'm hoping for like 150k per week, because wage structure will add up.

Easy enough to do a contract where he gets 100k per week with generous add-ons, maybe add in a loyalty bonus backpaid if he signs another contract next year or whatever.

We did similar for Fabregas and it makes sense tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That’s what we’d prefer, but if he asks for 200k what are you going to do? I can’t remember a cb as talented as this.
I don't think him and his agent will ask for 200k it's just unrealistic but if they end up ask that we'll pay it.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Regardless of age he’s our best defender and looking like one of the best in the world. If 200k is what it takes I think it’ll happen. Isn’t Nketiah, a rotational player, on 100k?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He’ll sign, boyhood club, so loved before even playing, his song is basically our club anthem now, even playing the tune in our stadium. Whatever Arsenal did wrong in the past 3 years, the fans are clearly making up for it.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Don`t think we`ve ever done that much but maybe this is a case where we have to accept a release clause to get him to sign. 3 year extension, 150K a week and 120M release clause?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Regardless of age he’s our best defender and looking like one of the best in the world. If 200k is what it takes I think it’ll happen. Isn’t Nketiah, a rotational player, on 100k?
He isn't, it's around 70k, but he got a signing fee and media loves to translate that to weekly wages to steer up some sh!t. Quite a persistent picture apparently.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How would you rate his pace? Could be deceptive due to his frame but he doesn’t seem to have the greatest acceleration.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

How would you rate his pace? Could be deceptive due to his frame but he doesn’t seem to have the greatest acceleration.
Have you seen the video where he runs against Mbappe and tackles the ball so he doesn't get head to head against the goalkeeper?

You don't do this against Mbappe if you don't have good acceleration.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This was Saliba v Kane...

...Harry was petrified of him at the weekend, didn't want to go near him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Still crazy to think that we had him here in 2020/2021, just doing nothing for half a season before we loaned him...while the likes of Cedric, Chambers, Mari and Kolasinac all made between 10-20 appearances that season :lol:
He had a few shaky moments in reserves from what I can remember, but a good manager should still see the talent before it's obvious to everyone else. I have no doubts Arteta knows he ****ed it up with Saliba, doesn't matter what they are saying to the public about it

drippin

Not really new information, but they are working on contracts for Saliba & Saka first like they should, but also Martinelli who has a year longer contract.

It's good to hear that this is going on, not sure Saliba and the club would both say it's going on behind the scenes if there isn't some trust that there will be an extension?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Looks like all have options. So Saliba could have a contract until 25 if Arsenal can decide it, what would be wonderful.

That's very good, I didn't know the option was till 2025 I thought it was till 2024 if we took it up.

drippin

Looks like all have options. So Saliba could have a contract until 25 if Arsenal can decide it, what would be wonderful.
Wow!!! This is what I wanted to hear. The only option to extend we knew thus far was Martinelli with 1 year option.

I always wondered why did we give Saliba a 5-year contract when we loaned him straightaway, and knew he would need at least one more loan.

That has been the biggest mistake imo. You give these kind of expensive punt deals 6 year contracts. Great news if true.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saliba thought he had all the power, Mikel hit him with the sneaky option to extend...

6vupeh.jpg

...you love to see it!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

Holy ****. super big if true.

"Saka and Saliba, both 21, have less than two years left on their current contracts. The club have an option to extend Martinelli’s existing deal to 2025."

from daily mail

Latest posts+

Top Bottom