• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

People angry because certain posters on here wanted us to go strong in the Europa so we could try and win BOTH the Prem and it...really is Losers FC on AM, ffs!

It's a shame William got injured, but it's not like we were overplaying him for Christ's sake...he pretty much got a full rest through the World Cup, and it's not like he is an injury prone player (like Partey, who Arteta tried to rest) that we knew would eventually break...we just got unlucky with him, **** happens.

Yes, he didnt train or something like that during the WC. He just relaxed.

He has played in several games he shouldnt have played in, you know that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People angry because certain posters on here wanted us to go strong in the Europa so we could try and win BOTH the Prem and it...really is Losers FC on AM, ffs!

It's a shame William got injured, but it's not like we were overplaying him for Christ's sake...he pretty much got a full rest through the World Cup, and it's not like he is an injury prone player (like Partey, who Arteta tried to rest) that we knew would eventually break...we just got unlucky with him, **** happens.

It's ridiculous, the idea that players can only get injured playing in Europe and are completely immune to it in the PL. :lol:

All season you can say we've been pretty fortunate with key players not getting injured outwith Jesus. Even Partey hasn't missed as much as the past couple of years even tho he missed the City one he's been available for most other vital games. The one time we get an injury and people lose their **** completely. We'd have been incredibly lucky to not get another key injury this season. I think we should be grateful in all honesty.

If he doesn't play again this season including missing the big games then yes we can be disappointed and it might impact us, but the hysteria around him getting injured and the hypothetical impact has been ridiculously over the top.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He has played in several games he shouldnt have played in, you know that.

When?

We went out of the League Cup without him playing in it, the FA Cup with him only playing 45 minutes... being in the Europa, we were able to give him every other mid week off in the first half of the season during the group stage...and now we are out of it at the first knockout round, not like we are playing a ton of matches this season really...he got pre than enough rest.

Saliba has been a Rolls Royce for us since Preseason, hasn't looked injury prone at all... it's not like we could have predicted an injury.

Kolo was just a year older than William in 03-04 and must have played close to 60 games with no ill affects... sometimes you just get unlucky.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Spot on. I don’t really get this overprotective mindset from sections of our fanbase. Saliba could have potentially got injured in training, so what would be the calls then? To stop training?

It’ll be interesting to see how some cope on here when we’re playing twice a week next season with something meaningful to play for in the CL in each game week.

Riou

You are trying to look like an idiot?

Oh fair enough, looked it up and forgot he played in that...he shouldn't have play at all it that match.

But not like he went 120 minutes or something, it was only 60.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Spot on. I don’t really get this overprotective mindset from sections of our fanbase. Saliba could have potentially got injured in training, so what would be the calls then? To stop training?

It’ll be interesting to see how some cope on here when we’re playing twice a week next season with something meaningful to play for in the CL in each game week.

He wasnt injured in training. He was injured in a game that he shouldnt have played in.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Oh fair enough, looked it up and forgot he played in that...he shouldn't have play at all it that match.

But not like he went 120 minutes or something, it was only 60.

I have no time for people that spread fake info.

Riou

I have no time for people that spread fake info.

But he didn't get injured in that league cup match, he got injured in an important European tie.

If Arteta knew he was carrying a knock, then he deserves blame for playing him v Sporting... otherwise I don't know why you are angry, tbh.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I agree with what you're saying but this season is unique in that we're unexpectedly challenging for the title with a very thin squad. With that in mind, the PL was the priority. An injury in training would be bitter, but the last EL game squad looked like we were caught in two minds anyway. We were unlucky but I still feel Arteta had to be a bit careful as we're short of quality backup. Next season, we will need better depth as there will be no free hits in either comp. We've got a lot to do but for now, we have 10 cup finals.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Nah, if a player gets injured in a mickey mouse cup you've got a right to be annoyed when it affects your chances of winning the PL. I'd say the same if Saliba got hurt in the League Cup or FA Cup.

Many of us pointed out how ludicrous it was starting first teamers even in the group stages, Saka was a prime example. It was a matter of time before injury bit us on the backside with one of our starters.

Fact is Saliba got hurt in a game he didn't need to be playing in, he didn't hurt his back tying his shoelace or slipping over at home. It's harmed our chances of winning the PL. That's annoying.

None of you Europasexuals should be getting annoyed at Holding if he bvms out against Liverpool or Man City either btw. You guys were happy to take the risk of this happening, many of us weren't. Now we've all got to live with the consequences. We gambled and it backfired when we could and should have played it conservatively.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Nah, if a player gets injured in a mickey mouse cup you've got a right to be annoyed when it affects your chances of winning the PL. I'd say the same if Saliba got hurt in the League Cup or FA Cup.

Many of us pointed out how ludicrous it was starting first teamers even in the group stages, Saka was a prime example.

Fact is Saliba got hurt in a game he didn't need to be playing in and it's harmed our chances of winning the PL. That's annoying.

None of you Europasexuals should be getting annoyed at Holding if he bvms out against Liverpool or Man City either btw. You guys were happy to take the risk of this happening, many of us weren't. Now we've all got to live with the consequences. We gambled and it backfired when we could and should have played it conservatively.
If it were overplayed Saka who got injured you might have a point but we're talking about a CB, one whose last injury was three years ago. If it didn't come from fatigue then there wouldn't have been any point resting a guy who runs 7km a game, otherwise we might as well start rotating CBs against bottom teams in the league too.

Riou

Don't mind Rob, but need this don back for Pool if we are being honest.

If Saliba refuses this...

hIYUIpu_d.webp

Then Arteta better just do this to him the night before Anfield...

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

Many of us pointed out how ludicrous it was starting first teamers even in the group stages, Saka was a prime example. It was a matter of time before injury bit us on the backside with one of our starters.

Fact is Saliba got hurt in a game he didn't need to be playing in, he didn't hurt his back tying his shoelace or slipping over at home. It's harmed our chances of winning the PL. That's annoying.

If Arteta listened to me and ran out the Lady gunners against Sporting to make a statement on gender equity we would cost to the league title. No one cares that much for Europa league. It was very stupid and may cost is bog what he did.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I see we’re still going on about this. Players have to get used to playing 3 games a week. Saliba was fit to play against Sporting, there was nothing wrong with the selection. It was a game we tried to win, we want to win every game in every competition, that can be the only mentality of the team. Wanting us to lose is an unacceptable losers mentality, there is no place for it on this Arsenal team.
Like Xhaka said in his interview last night, he is very disappointed to be out of the other competitions. This club should be fighting on all fronts. That can be the only acceptable mentality.

Top Bottom