• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 11.0%
  • Saliba

Votes: 238 84.1%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Buhry

Established Member

Running out of praise for this guy tbh, makes the defensive stuff look easy and is as calm as a prime playmaker on the ball, quickly becoming my favorite player. Hope we can hang onto him in the long term.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Wahi managed to get in behind Saiba a couple of times via the channels in that first half, if you include the reverse fixture loss then we can say that Wahi is the first player that we've seen Match Saliba whilst in an Arsenal shirt.

greekgooner

Player:Martinelli
Unpopular opinion i know but i think that pace isnt salibas strongest point. I will not compare him with kosielny( the fastest CB i have seen i an arsenal shirt) or toure but this season i have seen him make spirnts for a lot of meters and i cant call him fast. Sure defenders arent so fast as attacking players but still i think that something in his gait is not right. Very average game today for his standards, the standards that he has set with how good he is.

Unpopular opinion i know but i think that pace isnt salibas strongest point. I will not compare him with kosielny( the fastest CB i have seen i an arsenal shirt) or toure but this season i have seen him make spirnts for a lot of meters and i cant call him fast. Sure defenders arent so fast as attacking players but still i think that something in his gait is not right. Very average game today for his standards, the standards that he has set with how good he is.

I actually agree. His accelleration is good though, so he is not beaten on the first 10 meters/15 yards. But on those 1v1, 25 meters, it becomes a little difficult. But let's be quiet about it, since his pace in EASports24 is high! :D ... Good thing that Gabriel, Rice and Partey are decent with regards to pace.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Someone else score our third goal v Hull 20 mins into an FA cup third round tie, Saliba...

20231206_004601.jpg

...love this guy 😅

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Seems like he hides from the ball nowadays, it was always Gabriel or Rice carrying it forward.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Player primes are interesting. There’s a general expectation that a player will continue to improve until a certain age. Varane is an example of a player whose decline seemed to happen at the expected prime.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Player primes are interesting. There’s a general expectation that a player will continue to improve until a certain age. Varane is an example of a player whose decline seemed to happen at the expected prime.
Fabregas declined in his mid 20s, I don't think it will happen to Saliba but so hard to see any space for improvement with him. I would say the same for Saka and Martinelli

Latest posts

Top Bottom