• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.7%
  • Saliba

Votes: 245 84.5%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Playing 4D chess while huffing on some Grade A copium but if Madrid sign Leny Yoro and he starts performing in the next couple seasons maybe there won’t be space for Saliba with Militao x Yoro in the medium term. At least not enough need to splash the money it would require.

I actually hope he stays around as he’s the best player we’ve had in defence for a very long time. Just feel like a move to Madrid is destined to happen for him especially with the French contingent already at their club plus Perez is a greedy b*stard. Look at their other positions, they have Tchouameni, Camavinga, Bellingham, Brahim Diaz, Valverde, Güler yet they’re still heavily linked to Wirtz.

They want to starve the rest of Europe from any top tier talent 😭

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I actually hope he stays around as he’s the best player we’ve had in defence for a very long time. Just feel like a move to Madrid is destined to happen for him especially with the French contingent already at their club plus Perez is a greedy b*stard. Look at their other positions, they have Tchouameni, Camavinga, Bellingham, Brahim Diaz, Valverde, Güler yet they’re still heavily linked to Wirtz.

They want to starve the rest of Europe from any top tier talent 😭
Yeah I think he’ll end up there eventually. But hopefully we keep him for the medium term (5+ years). Hopefully get some glory then sell him for a record fee for a CB. That would be the ideal scenario.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Playing 4D chess while huffing on some Grade A copium but if Madrid sign Leny Yoro and he starts performing in the next couple seasons maybe there won’t be space for Saliba with Militao x Yoro in the medium term. At least not enough need to splash the money it would require.

Militao was getting benched for Nacho last season.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Looks like Deschamps is starting to realize Saliba is quite good :lol:

Can’t believe this is even a debate for that idiot Deschamps. I get it if it was prime Varane and… I can’t think of another recent player who even laces Saliba’s boots actually. Even with prime Varane, Saliba is his partner. But there’s 2 spots free not being occupied by experienced players.

The fact Konate (who saliba is completely superior to in the same league) and that absolute clown show Upamecano have been ahead is a true insult.

If saliba isn’t the best in the world he is objectively top3. And those France CBS aren’t close to that.

Thrice

Can’t believe this is even a debate for that idiot Deschamps. I get it if it was prime Varane and… I can’t think of another recent player who even laces Saliba’s boots actually. Even with prime Varane, Saliba is his partner. But there’s 2 spots free not being occupied by experienced players.

The fact Konate (who saliba is completely superior to in the same league) and that absolute clown show Upamecano have been ahead is a true insult.

If saliba isn’t the best in the world he is objectively top3. And those France CBS aren’t close to that.
The only reason I can think of is that Konate and Upamecano know each other from playing together at Leipzig. For a risk-averse coach like Deschamps sometimes that's enough.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

The only reason I can think of is that Konate and Upamecano know each other from playing together at Leipzig. For a risk-averse coach like Deschamps sometimes that's enough.

"Thierry I want you to sit on the bench this tournament, as Steve Marlet and Sidney Govou know eachother from being Lyon teammates...but don't worry Henry you will be my super sub!"

...said no one ever, Deschamps is so bizarre :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I honestly think it comes down to some of these ex Chelsea **** like Deschamps and Desailly not liking Arsenal, legitimately.

Both have been overly critical of Saliba and it is known that Deschamps has never watched Saliba play for Arsenal in a PL game live

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I honestly think it comes down to some of these ex Chelsea **** like Deschamps and Desailly not liking Arsenal, legitimately.

Both have been overly critical of Saliba and it is known that Deschamps has never watched Saliba play for Arsenal in a PL game live
That could actually be the case. I listen to ESPN FC a lot and noticed with Frank Lebouef (ex Chelsea defender who played for the national team), that he really seems to have an issue with Arsenal. He’s always very biased and tough on us in his (quite woeful) analysis.

Wouldnt be surprised if the Chelsea contingent of that time had some issues with the Arsenal lot, who I’m sure were quite arrogant considering they were absolute ballers and were winning PLs + going invincible.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That could actually be the case. I listen to ESPN FC a lot and noticed with Frank Lebouef (ex Chelsea defender who played for the national team), that he really seems to have an issue with Arsenal. He’s always very biased and tough on us in his (quite woeful) analysis.

Wouldnt be surprised if the Chelsea contingent of that time had some issues with the Arsenal lot, who I’m sure were quite arrogant considering they were absolute ballers and were winning PLs + going invincible.
Frank Lebouef has actually been defending Saliba in particular and says he can't understand why Deschamps doesn't play him. He may have an Arsenal bias otherwise but he is firmly in Saliba's camp. He said a lot of people in France can't understand why Deschamps isn't picking Saliba to start. He talks about him here about 3:22 in:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Frank Lebouef has actually been defending Saliba in particular and says he can't understand why Deschamps doesn't play him. He may have an Arsenal bias otherwise but he is firmly in Saliba's camp. He said a lot of people in France can't understand why Deschamps isn't picking Saliba to start. He talks about him here about 3:22 in:

Yeh was more talking about the topic of ex French players hating Arsenal. Although tbh they’d have to be right petty ****s for it to influence their thoughts on something arbitry like a better player deserving their place in their country’s team.

Pepesuave

Well, well....turns out Big Will is also a monster at LCB. Makes buying a backup CB even easier....just buy the best option on the market without worrying out LCB or RCB

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well, well....turns out Big Will is also a monster at LCB. Makes buying a backup CB even easier....just buy the best option on the market without worrying out LCB or RCB
I’ve not really ever understood the difference between the two roles, so one and you can surely do the other. Saliba started out as a striker so moving around the pitch shouldn’t be a big issue for him

Pepesuave

I’ve not really ever understood the difference between the two roles, so one and you can surely do the other. Saliba started out as a striker so moving around the pitch shouldn’t be a big issue for him
The difference is really in the attacking phase, progressing the ball as modern CBs are expected to do. Much easier for a left footed LCB to advance the ball to the LB or other player by the left touch line

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

He's not wrong. Part of why we're so compact at the back is due to his imperious form & almost telepathic understanding with Magalhaes last season.

God willing, if we're to outdo last season & pip City to the title, we need both to replicate if not better their performances.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I guess that's almost impossible to better their performances, I would be happy with the same performance. They made almost no individual mistake last season.

Similar performances are the order of the day. When I said outdo, I had Fulham at home in mind & I just remembered Magalhaes never played that match for reasons that still elude us!!

Just those 2 points & we'd be champions going into this season 😭

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, July 13

Arsenal and Bologna are working to find a compromise on the structure of the transfer fee [Di Marzio]

Nuno Tavares has signed his contract as a Lazio player until 2029 [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom