• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.7%
  • Saliba

Votes: 245 84.5%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters

Tomb Bombadil

Similar performances are the order of the day. When I said outdo, I had Fulham at home in mind & I just remembered Magalhaes never played that match for reasons that still elude us!!

Just those 2 points & we'd be champions going into this season 😭
Yes thats true. But you cannot play a season without a fault. Some mistakes you will always make. But I don't think you can make less mistakes than them last season.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
It is a big accomplishment at his age to start for France at one of their deepest positions in tge Euro. Upamacano was shambolic for Bayern this season. He is much more limited technically as well; it isn’t even an easy call

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

An average game by his standards, can tell he doesn't feel super trusted yet...some good things and some bad things, 5 or 6 out of 10 kinda game...good chance to see if Deschamps actually wants him to do well though now.

At the end of the day, they won a tight game and kept a clean sheet...a manager wanting a player to improve will look to build on that, looking at the positives and give William a chance to get better by starting him next game.

In turn William will feel that trust and almost certainly play better now, knowing he has won some faith in his gaffer.

Big moment for him v Holland now, hope he plays.

StefanB

I’ve not really ever understood the difference between the two roles, so one and you can surely do the other. Saliba started out as a striker so moving around the pitch shouldn’t be a big issue for him
Playing on the left side of the defence as a right footed defender is a bit different to playing on the right side as you shape up different if you tend to tackle-/intercept with your right foot rather than your left. If you watched Saliba against Austria there were times when he was struggling a bit with adjusting his body when he was getting challenged on his left side. He was superb anyway, but not all defenders can adjust well to those kind of situations..

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Him and Rudiger have got those 2 team of the tournament CBs spots on lock so far, superb player.

Macho

Pan-Africanism Enthusiast.
Dusted 🔻

Saliba’s tackling is usually last resort and inch perfect.

Whoscored had Lazazette with “no weaknesses” for years which was probably the case in his younger days as he was always well rounded, but certainly not during his Arsenal career.

Basically, it’s irrelevant and inaccurate.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I wouldn't say Saliba is weak at tackling, he's got a very clean technique at it.

What is apparent is how rarely Saliba tends to need to go in for a proper challenge, you don't need to tackle too much even as a CB if you read the game well.

I remember Maldini back in the day saying that if he had to make a challenge it was because he made a mistake / misread the game.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, July 13

Arsenal and Bologna are working to find a compromise on the structure of the transfer fee [Di Marzio]

Nuno Tavares has signed his contract as a Lazio player until 2029 [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom