<

William Saliba (Loan)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by yousif_arsenal, Oct 2, 2020.

1. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Yeah, he needs minutes but not for us if he's not good enough yet. We need to get CL

2. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Playing regular minutes in France to him playing U23 is terrible for his development. Like taking 1 step forward 100 steps back.

Yeah right, you were scared to go Rolling Loud when you heard I was gonna be there. Thanking god everyday it got cancelled for Covid.

celestis and Red London like this.
  3. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

:lol::lol::lol: wallad.

And nah just Europa minutes and first team training. Maybe u23 just to keep him sharp.

celestis, Gooner416 and Red London like this.
  4. Emibury

Emibury Well-Known Member

Hope he gets sent to a lower league team in London. He needs competitive games to develop as a centre back and get used to English football. Keeping him in London will help him settle. I'd be fine keeping him here training with the first team till January though, perhaps giving him some minutes in easier cup games.

Camron likes this.
  5. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I was meant to go :lol: going next year probably.

Can sort a likkle AM sesh

Trilly likes this.
  6. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

So does Brentford play with 2 CB's?

Seems they have Jansson & Pinnock as their clear starters. They let their 3rd most game time CB Jeanvier go to Turkey on loan.

They bought some 1 million costing CB from League One, and also some other CB loanee back from League One.

Would this mean Saliba would play those Jeanvier minutes if he went there on loan? Jeanvier played 2300 minutes in all comps last season.

7. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Unless he does a Soyuncu. Hardly fearured for LCFC in his first season but integrated into the club and was one the leagues best peforming CBs in his second season.

8. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

Why did we spend £30 mil on a CB that's years away from being ready for the first team? We had our pants pulled down here.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  9. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Too many road manz in the forum...:lol:

10. goonerfamily

goonerfamily Well-Known Member

Surely this guy is good enough to feature for the first team semi-regularly? Especially in a back three. Bit embarrassing spending 30m on a player (regardless of age) who is only championship level if so

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  11. tcahill

tcahill Well-Known Member

It's clear that our primary transfer strategy depended on us getting rid of our deadwood, especially at CB.

Saliba was originally intended to stay and play a role in the first team, but Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding and Chambers all ended up staying. Now that we can't offload them, it'd be better for him to get first team minutes elsewhere.

For those asking why he was bought in the first place, he is one of the brightest defensive prospects in the world, and could be a key player for us for the next decade.

Elite Smarts, Impact, tap-in and 2 others like this.
  12. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Very shortsighted asking why we purchased the guy, he's going to be a big player for us in the future.

13. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

Apparently going to Norwich on loan. I think we can say its not an issue that requires him to be close to home that is preventing him playing for us. We have deemed for one reason or another he isn't ready.

14. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

I'd prefer Brentford because they are in London, and also have some young French players

15. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

The situation is just weird to me because it feels like he hasn't been given a real chance. He looked really good in the first pre-season game and after the two *behind-closed-doors* ones he got frozen out.

Unless he had the most shocking performances ever in those two games I can't really see what warranted him not even getting on the bench.

Sanis likes this.
  16. Goonger

Goonger Well-Known Member

I just hope we are not pissing this lad off that it affects his opinion of us in the short to mid term.

If he's going on loan, then that's 2 years into his deal not with us. We would really need to be looking to tie the lad down in the 12 months that followed at the latest.

Im not against loaning him out, just hope the lad is buying into what Arteta's vision for him is.

17. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Not in the El squad, so we better find him a loan..

Furious likes this.
  18. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Yeah, was about to say. His only chance of playing time completely gone.

Would've preferred him to stay and work his way in, but with 8 CB's I guess it's inevitable.

Taxi Driver and krengon like this.
  19. Balboa

Balboa Well-Known Member

What leagues is he now elligible to be loaned to (prior to the winter transfer window opening) and what are the deadline dates?

20. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Leagues: EFL
    Deadline: 16 October

Balboa likes this.