• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Apparently going to Norwich on loan. I think we can say its not an issue that requires him to be close to home that is preventing him playing for us. We have deemed for one reason or another he isn't ready.

Okay, said that might be a good possibility after they sold Godfrey. They play possession football and were good in Championship a while ago.

I think the problem is that we could not shift enough CB's, and he didn't get his "transitional year" last year. So he will get that in a more forgiving environment than EPL etc. with Arsenal.

He needs many games and he won't get them here. Next year if everything goes planned, he can replace Luiz or others.

They need to put a recall option there of course like with Nketiah if they don't play him enough.

Seems like they only got Hanley, Zimmermann & some loan CB from Burnley, Ben Gibson. Zimmermann has been injured a lot so should get plenty of game time. Another loanee should not hinder it too much.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Full year even at a championship club will be much better than the odd cup game here and then hope some club breaks an existing partnership in January.

Poor from the club though we really should just decided that one of Mustafi of Sok would’ve stayed, with their contract up at the end of the season. Then looked for the best possible club for him.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Will obviously go on loan after being left out of the EL-squad. The good thing is that he must be coping well with things if he wants to and the club feels he is ready for a loan to another English club.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Will obviously go on loan after being left out of the EL-squad. The good thing is that he must be coping well with things if he wants to and the club feels he is ready for a loan to another English club.
Agreed. You dont send someone to Championship if he isn’t in a good place. Think we must view him as the young prospect that he is.

Good thing is this should keep him away from the limelight and hopefully eases pressure/expectations for when he comes back.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Agreed. You dont send someone to Championship if he isn’t in a good place. Think we must view him as the young prospect that he is.

Good thing is this should keep him away from the limelight and hopefully eases pressure/expectations for when he comes back.
It was always unrealistic that he would come in and be a starter for us, no matter how big his reputation was. Maybe if he had 35 games for St Etienne last season he would have played a bigger role but he only played like 10-12 games. I still thought he would stay here and play the EL-games and maybe a few league games but the club must feel this is the best solution and with Gabriel doing well, Holding and Mustafi staying and Chabers returning we can cope without him. Will be exciting to see him progress, still convinced he will be a big player for us. Will probably end up at Norwich or Brentford.

Goonger

Swansea, Brentford, Bournemouth or Norwich would be the 4 for me, especially if Swansea sell their Centre Back to Sp**s.

Last edited:

Tomb Bombadil

Swansea, Brentford, Bournemouth or Norwich would be the 4 for me, especially if Swansea sell their Centre Back to Sp**s.
I just wanted to ask about Bournemouth. I think you just changed it. Playing with 3 at the back, lost Ake and I just see 3 CBs left.

Crazy that they didn't invest any money they got and you see how much quality they lost in Ake, Wilson, Ramsdale, Fraser, Ibe, Defoe, Arter. Might still lose King or Brooks.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Brentford might be tough for him no? I rate Pinnock quite highly and they seem pretty set on their back 4.

Would agree on the others you’ve listed there tbf.

Also Stoke could be a shout, playing a back 3 with an out of position LB as a centre back right now. Millwall as well maybe because I think they want to play 4 atb but don’t have the quality options for it.

drippin

Brentford might be tough for him no? I rate Pinnock quite highly and they seem pretty set on their back 4.

Would agree on the others you’ve listed there tbf.

Also Stoke could be a shout, playing a back 3 with an out of position LB as a centre back right now. Millwall as well maybe because I think they want to play 4 atb but don’t have the quality options for it.
giphy.gif

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Spent 30m on a player who needs two loans, one of them in the Championship?

Raul Sanllehi was truly awful.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
5 years. He was injured a lot last season and then the French league shut down in March. He didn’t play half the amount of football the club would’ve expected so obviously his development hasn’t gone as planned.
Still it‘s 30m that could‘ve been invested in actually helping us get into the top 4 rather than this development stage which will take how many loans now?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

you don’t spend 30 million on just a young prospect. We have those in our u23 or like when we bought rob Holding. 30 million on 18 year old means you are convinced he is the next big thing. And you sure he’ll don’t spend special talent to championship a year after you spend 30 million.

I don’t know why people are acting this is normal and nothing to worry about. This was the next varane they said. And after a year we signed him playing 3 cb we decided even worst case scenario we won’t need him.

drippin

you don’t spend 30 million on just a young prospect. We have those in our u23 or like when we bought rob Holding. 30 million on 18 year old means you are convinced he is the next big thing. And you sure he’ll don’t spend special talent to championship a year after you spend 30 million.

I don’t know why people are acting this is normal and nothing to worry about. This was the next varane they said. And after a year we signed him playing 3 cb we decided even worst case scenario we won’t need him.

Leicester paid even more this year for Fofana who is similar or a bit worse talent. Plus you don't know what the payment structure is, might be very favourable for us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

In my opinion this is nothing to be concerned about and isn't a slight on his ability at all. The boy is 19 years old, how many 19 year olds are starting regularly for the top 20-30 teams in Europe? I can't think of any other than de Ligt and even he has struggled at times.
His team mate who is 6 months younger with less game is making Leicesters bench and is registered. No one is talking about loan there. This is huge concerns. We not talking about him not being starter. We are talking about the club entering the most congested season ever and every club using more of their squad than ever and the club saying even worst case scenario he wont be needed. The likes of Senderos and Djourou made their debuts younger than him and was options younger than him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom