• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
People would be less angry if we gave Saliba a chance, before dumping him in January...he didn't play any games, not even a league cup one ffs...Arteta wasted this season, should have at least played him a few times so we could see his level.

Guendo is a different situation though, he had his chance and we always looked better when he wasn't playing...Arteta was right to move him on, imo.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
People would be less angry if we gave Saliba a chance, before dumping him in January...he didn't play any games, not even a league cup one ffs...Arteta wasted this season, should have at least played him a few times so we could see his level.

Guendo is a different situation though, he had his chance and we always looked better when he wasn't playing...Arteta was right to move him on, imo.

Guendouzi is his own problem... We shot his value down, sure, but he didn't help himself in Hertha anyway.

The club went out of its way to not play him, be it intencionaly or because they just couldn't care.

Pyres7

There is something which has transpired between this fellow and Arteta, maybe he turned up last year and acted entitled and thought he would have walked right into the team. Or he acted out when not registered for the squad. (All conjecture.)

However all the hue and cry for a player who has never played for us over here is ridiculous.
It's because he hasn't played for us that we're angry. If he was given a fair crack at the whip and messed up most people wouldn't be complaining, or at least wouldn't have grounds to complain.

We invested £30m on him and we'll probably sell him for less than half of that without giving him a proper chance. This club sure loves throwing money away.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
View attachment 3418
88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

hypocrisy-meter1.jpg

47f111fe404fd7c5fe1a5f7c54088475.jpg

See what they all have in common.....
Nowhere near you all.

Wounded Healer

There is something which has transpired between this fellow and Arteta, maybe he turned up last year and acted entitled and thought he would walk into the team. Or he acted out when not registered for the squad. (All conjecture.)

However all the hue and cry for a player who has never played for us over here is ridiculous.
go back to sleep.

you never woke up.

baccy_man

Established Member
I think it is pretty abysmal the way that Saliba, has been treated by the club, I can't see why we bought the player in the first place if we were not going to play him we have just wasted two years of his career and the club are probably going to lose money on the player if he does get sold on,
If the club have got any sense they will play him in preseason games to find out if he will fit into the team this season.

GunnerShy

This has been going this way ever since Saliba turned up for Pre season last season.

It's been obvious to see, the thing as a fan that pisses me off is that Arteta has been duplicitous about his management of Saliba the whole time. He's been planning to turn William Saliba into William Salida since then.

Not registering him in the EL, not playing him in the Papa John's or FA cup. Not finding him a suitable loan deal at the start of last season and not playing him in preseason barring one match (in which I thought he played well FFS).

Now talk of selling him. £30m prospect with a good Loan under his belt to be sold without a single opportunity to impress. Zero communication from Arteta if reports are to be believed. Simply not good enough. That alone should ring alarm bells. AMN expressing similar issues.

This is the part where Edu needs to earn his money. Protect the value of the player. Organise a proper loan spell with no option or obligation to sell. Personally I'd like to see him loaned out on the premier league. Give him the opportunity to embarrass MA week in week out. If he does, he is back to us, "Premier league proven". If not, at least we've seen where he is currently at, at this level.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd be excited for him to have a premier league loan, feel like thats the next step for his development. Regardless of who we sign next season Saliba will never play all games for us, he should be getting a full season at say a Southampton or Newcastle imo. Then we will really see if he's good enough.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Where's that crying emoji I asked for in the Like option??? I need it, I tell ya. I neeeeed it!
We have to laugh just to keep ourselves sane.

We are simply asleep and when preseason starts, we'll get outpriced and left to pock up pieces

sdotzdot

Established Member
Joke of a manager. Damaging our club for years to come by destroying valuable future assets in either potential ability or financial gains such as Saliba.

Cannot wait when he inevitably gets sacked by Christmas when it’s too late due to our form continuing from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom