• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Macho don't take it out on Holding, just cause BBP hates Pepe...that's not what Nico would want!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@Macho don't take it out on Holding, just cause BBP hates Pepe...that's not what Nico would want!
I don't hate Holding. If you've paid attention this season I don't hate any of the players I've been an advocate for most of them, whilst you and many others were calling the squad minus Tierney, ESR and Saka relegation standard.

I don't trust Arteta to give Saliba a fair shake of things and surely he must be thinking the same?

Last edited:

CountChocula

Honestly you're kinda right though, I'd hate this club so much if I were him. Imagine you're about to play in a cup final in your last game for your team and you get told nah sorry not happening, report for pre-season, then you report for pre-season and the coach tells you nah sorry, we don't think you're up to it, so you're like f*ck this sh*t send me on loan then, and they tell you at the last minute nah sorry we left it too late we couldn't find you one so you're gonna be in the reserves for a few months...can you imagine!! I'd have pictures of the Arsenal crest on my dartboard if I were him.
Agree saliba was poorly handled this season, but that cup game was wack. St Etienne was actually demanding we pay them 2m for privilege of saliba playing in the cup after we already agreed to pay them 30m. This to me is like going to restaurant and paying 30 quid for a meal and then the waiter demanding 2 quid for privilege of me shining his shoe. Who would agree to that?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't hate Holding. If you've paid attention this season I don't hate any of the players I've been an advocate for most of them, whilst you and many others were calling the squad minus Tierney, ESR and Saka regelation standard.

I don't trust Arteta to give Saliba a fair shake of things and surely he must be thinking the same?

I didn't say we were relegation standard, said we had around the 8th best squad in the league funny enough ;)

He grew up supporting us, there will be a part of him that wants to play for us...think we handled him very poorly so far, not playing him in the cups/Europa was a big missed opportunity...but we can't dwell on that, we have to deal with the here and now...it's not the end of William here, he's only just turned 20 years old, plenty of time on his side.

Lets see how preseason/next season looks like, I would like to see us at least try and improve though.

A lot of the managers Arsenal allegedly interviewed, I would have taken. Raul had his reasons for pushing for Arteta though.

I've tried my best to quit Arsenal many times and hopefully one of these days I succeed. I'd say sorry for sh*tting all over your summer transfer market dreams, but I'm not sorry.

Im not even sure I follow Arsenal anymore. As Wenger biggest fan and the very last one to give up on him on this forum I think something died in me about Arsenal after he was gone.

My whole engaging with Arsenal is just coming on here chatting with you guys and troll a little bit.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
8-B0-E4-EE4-0-DA2-4-B7-D-ADDC-1-BE7-CBA77-C15.jpg

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
There was no reason to believe he would be gone other than the usual weirdos taking Arteta's recent comments out of context and applying their own agenda to them.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
I think Arteta said that all contracted players will stay but that is obviously a lie. So the fact that someone has leaked to Wheatley that Saliba will stay does not have to mean anything.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think Arteta said that all contracted players will stay but that is obviously a lie. So the fact that someone has leaked to Wheatley that Saliba will stay does not have to mean anything.

Yeah, slight worry that this leak is a negotiating tactic to protect his value. Hopefully not, I really want him to be given a proper chance here. Needs time to develop, he's going to make mistakes next season but such a talent

Bloodbather

Established Member

Saliba has a genuine chance at holding down a regular starting spot next season. Holding will probably be favored over him due to experience, but he has a shot at it. Just completed his second season in Ligue 1 as a regular starter. Looks so composed in his Nice highlights. I think his mate Fofana has just put to bed any idea that he's too young to be given a starting spot, also.

Top Bottom