• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Nobody on here actually has a clue if the kid is good enough to start for Arsenal certainly not in the Prem.
Lots seem to think they do though. 🤣🥱

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Nobody on here actually has a clue if the kid is good enough to start for Arsenal certainly not in the Prem.
Lots seem to think they do though. 🤣🥱
Not gonna lie. I didn't watch his matches on loan. The only time I saw him play was in the pre-season for Arsenal. But he looked decent and I was surprised when it was announced that he was going on loan. At least not as bad as to sell him without even giving him a chance.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not gonna lie. I didn't watch his matches on loan. The only time I saw him play was in the pre-season for Arsenal. But he looked decent and I was surprised when it was announced that he was going on loan. At least not as bad as to sell him without even giving him a chance.
Thats a fair point. Hopefully he can make the step up next season 👍.

If he does thats great. Its just the constant clamour for all things young and shiny from 'Mr internet expert' 🤣.
99.99999% of the time Mr 'internet expert' knows sweet FA about the actual rigours & reality of professional football.
If he plays next year & is as good as Gabriel i will be very happy.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not gonna lie, didn't watch him either, but I can still say our coaching team is a bunch of imbeciles. You can't justify registering Mustafi and Mari, and the guy you've binned ends up being one of the best CB's in France, at the age of 19 btw.
Most people will say it's Arteta, but I'd say he doesn't decide that alone. Same what happened to Pepe, there is a group of people making some diabolical decisions which cost us. Arteta's assistant looks like Grima from LOTR at times

Theresa

I watched a few games, and in retrospect I think the loan was good for him. He’s made big mistakes but at the same time has played very well. Mistakes are normal, and for his sake I hope Arsenal fans have patience with him. I expect we’ll see rotation between Saliba and Holding for the RCB spot, depending on form and performances.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I watched a few games, and in retrospect I think the loan was good for him. He’s made big mistakes but at the same time has played very well. Mistakes are normal, and for his sake I hope Arsenal fans have patience with him. I expect we’ll see rotation between Saliba and Holding for the RCB spot, depending on form and performances.
That's all good, rotation is acceptable like it was for Gabriel, and mistakes are expected from every CB in the league, young or old, there just needs to be a limit. I'm not too bothered with that tbh, after watching Luiz and Mustafi over the years, I'm prepared for everything

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I don't get how we think someone like Willian can start, but Saliba can't get a few games here or there. He can't be that bad. He's done okay on loan. He was highly rated when we signed him and his CB partner was Fofana who's doing well

scytheavatar

Established Member

Problem is that Ben White made big mistakes too yet we are spending 50mil on him........ should we send Ben White out on loan after signing him?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Can we have a vote to see if anyone here has actually seen this guy play in a full game? 😝

I watched him for a full 90 mins once, but only really saw the back of his head when he was in front of me in the crowd vs Watford away Sept 2019

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Remember when we were told it didn't matter what we paid for Saliba as it was going to be paid over 5 years like somehow it made the figure less. We were told it was an exceptional agreement.

Well United have just agreed to sign 77m Sancho to be paid over 5 years. Seems like these deals are not exceptional nor uncommon. Most clubs pay deals over 3-5 years.

Top Bottom