• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Image if a young 19 year old Tony Adams was around today...you lot would be saying he's crap (because of the mistakes he made in his early days for arsenal)....please just chill the f out people.

Glad none of you are our scouts.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Image if a young 19 year old Tony Adams was around today...you lot would be saying he's crap (because of the mistakes he made in his early days for arsenal)....please just chill the f out people.

No one has said Saliba is crap? Most people in here just want to see him play.

Some of you are really defensive for no reason, running from ghosts that aren't chasing you :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If people didn't label him as "the Mbappe of defenders" after watching him two times on YouTube, you would understand why a 19 year old is getting eased into the toughest league in the world.

Exactly this is not a surprise to anyone with a working brain. Some of us were saying until we were blue in the face that Saliba would need an adjusting period when everyone thought he'd just waltz into the starting 11. Arteta knows that just chucking a 19 year old into the deep end of the PL especially after little game time with how the French league ended could have disastrous consequences. And on that note thank **** it's Arteta managing this situation and not Emery who threw Guendouzi into the deep end and never developed even slightly as a player as a result of it.

No one even said anything bad about him and you lot started calling people out :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'll put this here too as a reminder.

From end of May:

"However, The Athletic’s David Ornstein has revealed his switch to the capital could be delayed due to the death of a close one.

He said: “He’s had a family bereavement recently so that’s very unpleasant & he would need time & respect over that.

“I don’t think that would cause a particular problem in coming to move to London as planned but it’s a sad issue he’s had to encounter at a young age."

https://www.sportingexcitement.com/...land-delayed-over-family-death-back-in-france

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
It's a shame that we've drawn Leicester, Liverpool and now City in the Carabao Cup. Some easy home games would mean he'd have some gametime already.

Anyway, given our EL group and maybe some easy FA Cup games he can still make some minutes without being thrown in the deep. If he can't handle that then we have a 27m problem.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
No problem, we can always loan him out for the second half of the season. Not sure whether sending him back to his comfort zone is the best option. We might have the same **** again next year.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
So once again, we messed up whereas Saliba and Saint-Etienne did their part early.
I don't like at all how we handle this kid, first making him miss a cup final and now this.

What? They literally contacted the club few hours before the deadline. Not Arsenal's fault.

And anyhow I always believed it's better he stays here. If really necessary, club can give him a few weeks off to travel home to his loved ones.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Hope he gets all the support he needs. Family/friends coming over. Hope our team takes care of him to make him feel positive at the club.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He played in the 1st friendly and looked pretty decent. And he's been involved in most of the training sessions from what I've seen. So it's not like he's isolated from the squad. Who knows, Dundalk at home in the Europa League?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If he's staying we'll see him play at some point. Yes he's young and going through a family bereavement but that will pass. I'm sure he'll get time to visit family and friends in France and I'm sure the club are sensitive to his situation. Saliba has played beyond his years at every level so far, I don't think we need worry about his quality.

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
I think Arteta is doing his duty of care here.

When has playing such a young player, no matter the potential, ever worked for us at Arsenal? They all seem to burn out.

(This worry exists for Saka too)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Shame that the move couldn't complete the best we can do now is give him best support the club will do that and we got nice player. Put him with auba for few hours and he'll be ok quick :lol:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Thank god we didnt loan him out. He will make the breakthrough.

Shame we still have Mustafi and Socrates still on our books. Hope Arteta doesnt do something stupid and choose them over Saliba when that time comes.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom