<

William Saliba: Locked Up In The Changing Room

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 18, 2020.

?

Who?

1. Van Dijk

17 vote(s)
    14.4%
  2. Saliba

91 vote(s)
    77.1%
  3. Maguire

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Make me. :lol:

2. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

How? :lol:

Rimaal likes this.
  3. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

In that case, I would give up on that answer if I were you. ;)

Toby Andrl and razörist like this.
  4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Watching Saliba today okay game but that nice team is so poor at least he'll be tested alot this season

5. Macho

Macho Has Trust Issues With Processes Trusted

Was watching it as well.

Nice are a mess :lol:

6. yousif_arsenal

They absolutely can't defend and they at home

7. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Clean sheet and a win for Nice today, Saliba played well it seems. Loan working out as planned so far.

Artisan likes this.
  8. Jakarta

Jakarta Well-Known Member

Looking at how well Fofana is doing at Leicester despite being rated less than Saliba, has me thinking wtf is going on at this club?

9. yousif_arsenal

Fofana is better overall and didn't have difficult year off the pitch like Saliba. We didn't need Saliba this season our defense 4th most solid in PL so better let Saliba develop far from the chaos of squad

10. yousif_arsenal

Decent game today

11. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Good to see him playing well, we might be able to get our money back at this rate. Shame the club rated Mustafi higher.

12. Gooner416

Gooner416 Master of Stonks Trusted

FTFY.

13. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

Why? He has a future here. Just like Edu aswell as Arteta have said numerous times.

Moleque likes this.
  14. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter Trusted

15. Macho

Arteta, The Athletic and process lovers in pieces.

16. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

not ready to play against Dundalk and Molde though

17. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

People keep bringing up that Arteta is at fault here.

Can't people understand that putting a teenager CB who has just lost his parent(s?), to the deep end with our hyeena fanbase, is not a good thing.

I believe you guys when Saliba comes back and he has to be sold because he hates Arteta.

CaseUteinberger and Moleque like this.
  18. Macho

You have a point, our fanbase are largely idiots - but there’s been no fans.

I don’t think sticking a bib on him and putting him in the U23s when he was clearly brought in to play senior football was the right way to deal with him either.

Looking at some of the players still in the squad and watching Saliba perform in France, Arteta’s actions look largely petty honestly.

19. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Yeah, plus the scenario laid out by @drippin is really like the worst possible situation that could've happened and I find it hard to imagine Saliba would be that bad considering how he's looked in France.

Even if he wasn't great I don't even think the fans would get on his case that badly (the majority btw, there'd still be a minority up in arms about anything).

As for Arteta looking petty; I don't really know what he was thinking with Saliba, I honestly don't, he seems to have a preoccupation with certain ordinary players and seemingly doesn't fancy others (that are no worse) for no particular reason.

[​IMG]

Artisan and Macho like this.
  20. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

No fans in the stadium doesn't matter in this case. Stadium fans are not usually the idiots.

Psyche is a precious thing, and it can be ruined. So even if the statement is true, that he now performs in France, the decision not to play him earlier in Arsenal, can still be the totally correct one.

I don't see it probable even at this point that Arteta and Saliba have a bad relationship or a big problem. If Saliba can't understand Arsenal management decisions, his professionalism has to questioned. He is a teenager still.

Saliba will get a lot of game time after his loan, and then there will be no Mustafi or Sokratis or Chambers etc.

Moleque likes this.